Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore braden.'s Avatar

Bynum is a special talent. A rare, special talent.
    Right, and Kevin Garnett isn't?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by braden.
    Right, and Kevin Garnett isn't?
    I don't think that was the point of his comment....

Decent playground baller

Kobe = Jordan
    Odom = Pippen
    Bynum = Adbul Jabbar

sounds familiar...

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyCorpse
    Kobe = Jordan
    Odom = Pippen
    Bynum = Adbul Jabbar

sounds familiar...
    I don't think so. Odom = Pippen? Bynum = Abdul Jabbar? Ha Ha. Even the lakers fans here shouldn't agree. The only half-baked arguable one is kobe = jordan and even that is to a great extent, far-fetched.

Lakers are doing good right now. I want to watch kobe in the finals again and hopefully he will take over and not do the "hero" by ditching out assists. It should be obvious that Kobe is most valuable when scoring because I think he can do it at will.

Why do people act like Andrew Bynum is sooo great? It's only been 12 games or so. He is good but don't say "Sorry garnett is not worth it". Let me be 1-2 seasons and that would be reasonable. But i'll laugh when the offseason comes adn people say "we should of traded bynum" haha. Well, I hope the lakers get really good again. Kobe is a great player to watch and I'm sure many of countless Lakers fans are only a lakers fan because of Kobe.

Also, the #8 was much better.

And since I am a fan of Ron Artest and have watched many Sacramento games, if we judge everyone's potential by what they have done so far, Kevin Martin should be one of the best in the league? Averaging 25ppg under 15 fg attempts, at 55% fg, 50% 3-point fg, 91% ft. Assuming that keeps up...wow?
    Last edited by artest 93; 11-27-2006 at 02:17 PM.

Roy = my new fave.

Garnett getting mad hate in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyCorpse
    Kobe = Jordan
    Odom = Pippen
    Bynum = Adbul Jabbar

sounds familiar...
    Uh.....no.

Decent playground baller KobeLookLike2Pac's Avatar

Rocket fans hate Bynum because they know there is a good chance he will eclipse Yao in 2 years if not next year. It should be interesting on how they match up this year, but I think PJ will let Kwame bully him up most of the game because Yao becomes unglued a little when he's pushed around.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KobeLookLike2Pac
    Rocket fans hate Bynum because they know there is a good chance he will eclipse Yao in 2 years if not next year. It should be interesting on how they match up this year, but I think PJ will let Kwame bully him up most of the game because Yao becomes unglued a little when he's pushed around.
    If Bynum "eclipses" (strong word, keep in mind) the Yao Ming of this season and the second half of last season, that'd make him better than Kobe. Why can't Kobe win without a player better than him? Why can't he win without a dominant big man?

Roy = my new fave.

Rocket fans hate Bynum because they know there is a good chance he will eclipse Yao in 2 years if not next year.
    What?

Yao is a 26 and 10 player who can stay in late in games because he shoots 85% from the line. He's battling Duncan for the title of best post player in the league right now. How do you see Bynum accomplishing that in the next two seasons?

Talk about delusional. Bynum gets hate b/c of Laker groupies who hail him as the second coming of Kareem. And now you're saying Kwame can guard Yao Ming by bullying him? RIIIIIGHHT...if it were THAT easy, the guy wouldnt be averaging 27/10/2. If it were that easy, he wouldnt have lit Shaq up for 34/16.

Bynum is nowhere near Yao's league. If he were to eclipse Yao in 2 years, that would make Bynum the best center in the league. Better than Dwight Howard, mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    If Bynum "eclipses" (strong word, keep in mind) the Yao Ming of this season and the second half of last season, that'd make him better than Kobe. Why can't Kobe win without a player better than him? Why can't he win without a dominant big man?

You are right, Kobe can't win **** without a big man better than him. If you expected an argument, you won't find one here.

The sad thing is that at least he has been able to win with a great big man while Yao can't win with a talented guard, TMac can't win with a talented big, and they both definitely can't win by themselves. In other words they are both DOOMED!

Quote Originally Posted by JSub

Bynum is nowhere near Yao's league. If he were to eclipse Yao in 2 years, that would make Bynum the best center in the league. Better than Dwight Howard, mind you.
    Dwight will be better than Yao by next year when his soft ass starts to be exposed and Bynum will be better than Yao in a couple of years. At that time Yao will be lucky to be the 3rd best center in the league. But right now Yao needs to focus on Zach Randolph, him and Yao are pretty much neck and neck.

Dwight will be better than Yao by next year when his soft ass starts to be exposed and Bynum will be better than Yao in a couple of years. At that time Yao will be lucky to be the 3rd best center in the league. But right now Yao needs to focus on Zach Randolph, him and Yao are pretty much neck and neck.

wassup smokee, how are ya

Banned

You are right, Kobe can't win **** without a big man better than him. If you expected an argument, you won't find one here.
    At least you're honest. I give you credit for that. Personally, I think Kobe can win one more ring without a dominant big or a player better than he is, but not more than one more ring. Hell, he already has a solid center rotation (18.1 pts/14.1 reb/2.6 blks between Bynum and Brown).