Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
    Great college starter

Default Re: What makes Kevin Durant better than Derrick Rose?

Quote Originally Posted by 2010splash
    Man these stupid Durant homers...

Saying shiet like this guy is third at his position in assists, lmao so what? 3 apg is nothing.

TS%?? Hahahaha, not only do you not know what this stat means but the only reason Durant is higher is because he cries to the refs and gets more calls.

Unfortunately free throws are a large component of "TS%" and doesn't make a player better.

Hey look guys, Manu Ginobili has a much higher "TS%" than Kobe Bryant, and heck even Dwyane Wade too. Must mean Ginobili is the best scoring SG in the league!!!
    Does Ginobili average more ppg than Kobe or Wade?

Durant has a higher FG% and eFG% as well, your excuse?

You idiots don't even have an argument. You're just arguing with no basis.

And LOL @ talking about Durant's assists. Seriously how many assists should he average when he plays off the ball almost the entire game.

I rule the local playground Chicago Brawls's Avatar

Wouldn't mind both joining forces in Chicago.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Man these stupid Durant homers...

Saying shiet like this guy is third at his position in assists, lmao so what? 3 apg is nothing.

TS%?? Hahahaha, not only do you not know what this stat means but the only reason Durant is higher is because he cries to the refs and gets more calls.

Unfortunately free throws are a large component of "TS%" and doesn't make a player better.

Hey look guys, Manu Ginobili has a much higher "TS%" than Kobe Bryant, and heck even Dwyane Wade too. Must mean Ginobili is the best scoring SG in the league!!!
    You're the one with Rose's nuts in your mouth. Rose averages 4ppg less on the same number of shots, how is this even an argument? Rose has the ball in his hands more, yet is less efficient. Did you watch the World Championships? Durant was the clear leader there, and if Team USA was assembled again he'd still be the leader now.

I can't wait until Rose gets outplayed by someone so I can make 5 reaction threads.

Comparing a point guard's assists to a small forward's assists is idiotic to say the least.

I see on all these people's list Kevin Durant listed as a top 5 player. What's with this BS?

Do you think it would be that hard for Rose to average 28 ppg if all he did was jack up shots?

What's harder to do, score 28 ppg and average 3 apg or score 24 ppg and average 8 apg? You really think if Rose focused as little on getting others involved as Durant does that he couldn't average a pitiful assist total and score a whole lot more?

And please don't tell me Durant is a good defender. Last I checked he was starting for the 16th ranked defense in the league. Rose starts for the #1 ranked defense.

And please don't bring up shooting. How is Durant a better shooter? is shooting 32% from three somehow better than shooting 38% from three?

Enough with the jockriding of Kevin Durant. Overrated as they come.....
    He does that anyway

Rose averages less points per game and the same amount of shots. So really you have no point.

Now a Cavs fan again

Quote Originally Posted by YouCallILose
    Does Ginobili average more ppg than Kobe or Wade?

Durant has a higher FG% and eFG% as well, your excuse?

You idiots don't even have an argument. You're just arguing with no basis.

And LOL @ talking about Durant's assists. Seriously how many assists should he average when he plays off the ball almost the entire game.
    Get off Durant's sack gee. He ain't that good. Wow his 1% higher FG% really makes him better offensively than Rose. Guaranteed at the end of the year Rose will shoot a higher % than Kevin "The Chucka" Durant.

"eFG%"??? What is that?

Sorry son but scoring is only one aspect of the game, and happens to be the only one Durant is good at.

Still lmao at "eFG%".

I would build around a scoring SF more so than a PG imo especially when you are considering he is a 6'10+ SF.

Few months ago he was compared to James and was top 3 on the majority of lists and now he isnt better than Rose?
    I dont think he has changed that much, he started bad but from December 1 he is putting big numbers with 50% fg

Good High School Starter kabalcage's Avatar

How about Kevin Durant being the more unique and rare talent?

There are so many good PGs in the league; even OKC has a guy that's nearly as good as Rose. By that same token; there aren't that many comparable SFs. You're looking at Carmelo, LeBron and Durant; after that, it's a significant drop off.

In a basketball sense, Durant offers off-ball scoring and incredible length for team defensive purposes. Conversely, Rose offers a ball-dominant drive and kick game and overwhelming athleticism at the PG position. Both are very good offensive players that have considerable defensive potential.

What Durant has on Rose is that he has already carried his team to a 50 win season and has more accolades.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    Few months ago he was compared to James and was top 3 on the majority of lists and now he isnt better than Rose?
    I dont think he has changed that much, he started bad but from December 1 he is putting big numbers with 50% fg
    That talk was fueled by the hate lebron was getting . The first tier of players are still Kobe wade lebron and maybe Dwight . Durant is a second tier player. I was lol'ing so hard when I read that 59% of the gm said they would start a franchise with Durant vs 15% choosing lebron. Lol MVP lock too coming into the season. Durant doesn't impress me. I hate Kobe but when I watch him play i am impressed.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by asdf1990
    That talk was fueled by the hate lebron was getting . The first tier of players are still Kobe wade lebron and maybe Dwight . Durant is a second tier player. I was lol'ing so hard when I read that 59% of the gm said they would start a franchise with Durant vs 15% choosing lebron. Lol MVP lock too coming into the season. Durant doesn't impress me. I hate Kobe but when I watch him play i am impressed.
    You do realize that Durant is shooting 52% on 2 point fg's, right? That is actually higher than LeBron who is shooting 51%

Kobe has always been around 48 FG% on 2 pointers and Rose is currently at 47%

This isn't even a discussion and the only people arguing otherwise are Rose homers/Durant haters.

If OKC offered Durant+Westbrook for Rose+Deng+Gibson tomorrow the Bulls would make that trade and not even think twice. Conversely there is literally no package the Bulls could make that would lead to OKC trading Durant, well aside from prime Jordan coming back.

There is literally nothing Rose does better than Durant given position standards.

But you're a LeBron stan so you naturally hate Durant

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Comparing a point guard's assists to a small forward's assists is idiotic to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    He does that anyway

Rose averages less points per game and the same amount of shots. So really you have no point.
    I agree with both of these.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    I agree with both of these.
    Rose I wanna see that Durant thread of yours, go clown joyner plox!

Quote Originally Posted by YouCallILose

This isn't even a discussion and the only people arguing otherwise are Rose homers/Durant haters.

If OKC offered Durant+Westbrook for Rose+Deng+Gibson tomorrow the Bulls would make that trade and not even think twice. Conversely there is literally no package the Bulls could make that would lead to OKC trading Durant, well aside from prime Jordan coming back.

There is literally nothing Rose does better than Durant given position standards.

But you're a LeBron stan so you naturally hate Durant
    That's not even CLOSE to a fair trade, since deng has absolutely no trade value.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleChuck
    Rose I wanna see that Durant thread of yours, go clown joyner plox!
    Actually I already gave everyone a sneak peek inside the Rudy Gay thread, and I'm not ready yet, although 2010splash, did point out a HUUUUUGE thing about Durant already.