Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Default Re: The best euro bball player just arrived in Philly to play for Sixers

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Lol @ Jokic as second best rookie. He wasn't even top 3.
    Dominated every advanced statistic outside of KAT. Just won the MVP in the qualifying tournament for the Olympics. Was much better defensively than a guy like Okafor and better per minute/more efficient than Kristaps. Not really his fault he was on a deeper roster and only got 55 starts/21 minutes a game. His passing ability for a big man is crazy.

I was being biased declaring him the 2nd best rookie behind KAT. There's a few players that all have an argument. It's not "lol" worthy tho. He has his case like any of the other 3-4 players.

Default Re: The best euro bball player just arrived in Philly to play for Sixers

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Lol @ Jokic as second best rookie. He wasn't even top 3.
    Nugget fans are the dumbest by far. Jokic is a nobody. Zubac already looks better than him and this kid is 18

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    Nugget fans are the dumbest by far. Jokic is a nobody. Zubac already looks better than him and this kid is 18
    He finished 3rd in ROY voting on a team that nobody gives a shit about playing 21 minutes and only starting 55 games He averaged 16/11/4 with 1.6 steals, 1 blk per 36. 10/7/2 on 58% TS in 21.7 minutes per game. Solid defense. Passed the eye test.

Zubac is nothing compared to Jokic. Jokic is 21 winning MVP's in qualifying tourny's for the Olympics. Look at some of those nasty statlines. By this time next year I won't even need to be a homer.

I realize you just troll and never back up anything you say but I appreciate it. You give Nugget fans a chance to discuss our team

Welcome #9!

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Saric is or was in philly to sign. He's playing next season.

This was a clear bait thread for No Links Yo aka EuroLeague to come in and tell me how bad Saric sucks and will be complete shit. And that some Greek guy whose name uses 75% of the alphabet is 10 times better.

Personally I don't know much about Saric besides highlights and what you guys post. Expectations aren't high at all. I'm expecting a glue guy. And given what this roster has had in terms of forwards. This is cool. Plus I've always wanted this franchise to start tappin into the euro talent pool. This is probably the best prospect the sixers have ever added.
    You don't even know how to troll. Pathetic attempt for many reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    The best player in Europe from a year ago arrived in Minny last year, severely underwhelmed his first year here.
    Literally no one except Fenerbache fans (the team he played on) thought Bjelica was the best player in Europe.

Seriopusly, just STOP. Even more people would think Saric was the best player over someone like Bjelica, and like fiba said, Saric is at best just top 5 at his position (I don't think he's even that good either).

Saying Bjelica was the best player in Europe is just completely asinine and totally ridiculous.

He's a very good player (and I have no doubt he can do fine in the NBA if he is used properly - Wolves did not use him properly), but he's not even in the same galaxy of player as guys like Teodosic or Spanoulis.

Some of you NBA only fans are incredibly retarded, you in particular.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 07-17-2016 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Dominated every advanced statistic outside of KAT. Just won the MVP in the qualifying tournament for the Olympics. Was much better defensively than a guy like Okafor and better per minute/more efficient than Kristaps. Not really his fault he was on a deeper roster and only got 55 starts/21 minutes a game. His passing ability for a big man is crazy.

I was being biased declaring him the 2nd best rookie behind KAT. There's a few players that all have an argument. It's not "lol" worthy tho. He has his case like any of the other 3-4 players.
    That's nice and everything, but also a completely meaningless award. Why are you bragging about that?

4 games against total scrub teams (only one opponent that's even at EuroBasket level)..........come the **** on.

Jokic is good, but there is no reason to brag about a completely meaningless award that literally no one in the world (not even Jokic) gives a damn about.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    That's nice and everything, but also a completely meaningless award. Why are you bragging about that?

4 games against total scrub teams (only one opponent that's even at EuroBasket level)..........come the **** on.

Jokic is good, but there is no reason to brag about a completely meaningless award that literally no one in the world (not even Jokic) gives a damn about.
    Media seemed to care about it. He's a 21 year old rookie. Far more meaningful than something like SL. Shitty teams or not, still pro teams and grown men. The fact that he had his best game in the championship putting up 23/8/6 is nice to know. Pretty much did what he was suppose too, help carry his team to the Olympics and beat the shitty competition

Media seemed to care about it. He's a 21 year old rookie. Far more meaningful than something like SL. Shitty teams or not, still pro teams and grown men. The fact that he had his best game in the championship putting up 23/8/6 is nice to know. Pretty much did what he was suppose too, help carry his team to the Olympics and beat the shitty competition
    That's literally the most meaningless FIBA award there is.

Jokic is good, and I like him, but you are bragging about something no one gives a damn about (that award).

In fact, I am pretty sure those awards are not even official.

Also, teams like Puerto Rico and Angola are borderline pro level. Most of their players play in pro leagues (they get paid enough just as players so it is pro), but they are amateur level in quality, not even being as good as D-League, and not even as good as the number 15 to 20 best leagues in Europe.

Teams like Angola and Puerto Rico could not win a single game if they were in EuroBasket. I don't think Puerto Rico would have won a game in the last 8 years or so if they played in EuroBasket.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 07-17-2016 at 03:44 PM.

That's literally the most meaningless FIBA award there is.

Jokic is good, and I like him, but you are bragging about something no one gives a damn about (that award).

In fact, I am pretty sure those awards are not even official.

Also, teams like Puerto Rico and Angola are borderline pro level. Most of their players play in pro leagues (they get paid enough just as players so it is pro), but they are amateur level in quality, not even being as good as D-League, and not even as good as the number 15 to 20 best leagues in Europe.

Teams like Angola and Puerto Rico could not win a single game if they were in EuroBasket. I don't think Puerto Rico would have won a game in the last 8 years or so if they played in EuroBasket.
    "Bragging" is just mentioning it in a post in comparison to other young players who are playing SL currently. I just watched SL and the play was awful. I'd rather Jokic's "meaningless" MVP than Murray dropping 29 in a borderline pickup game. Pretty sure it was the first time Jokic has ever participated in the tournament as well. It's a positive to see players beat guys there suppose to beat. It's a positive to see a player elevate his game and have his best outing on the biggest stage, even if the championship game was filled with scrubs.

All I'm saying. It's better than nothing. I realize they led by like 30 after 8 minutes. Jokic could have played timid and not been the best player. Within the realm of possibility for a 21 year old to take a backseat in a tournament filled with veterans regardless of talent level. He didn't. Does it mean anything in the grand scheme of things? No. Does it mean something compared to what other 21 year olds are currently doing like Nurkic on the Nuggets? I'd say so. To each his own. Seems to be pretty official according to the media, including a picture of somebody presenting an award to him

"Bragging" is just mentioning it in a post in comparison to other young players who are playing SL currently. I just watched SL and the play was awful. I'd rather Jokic's "meaningless" MVP than Murray dropping 29 in a borderline pickup game. Pretty sure it was the first time Jokic has ever participated in the tournament as well. It's a positive to see players beat guys there suppose to beat. It's a positive to see a player elevate his game and have his best outing on the biggest stage, even if the championship game was filled with scrubs.

All I'm saying. It's better than nothing. I realize they led by like 30 after 8 minutes. Jokic could have played timid and not been the best player. Within the realm of possibility for a 21 year old to take a backseat in a tournament filled with veterans regardless of talent level. He didn't. Does it mean anything in the grand scheme of things? No. Does it mean something compared to what other 21 year olds are currently doing like Nurkic on the Nuggets? I'd say so. To each his own. Seems to be pretty official according to the media, including a picture of somebody presenting an award to him
    Every single FIBA tournament in the world gives an MVP award, gives some kind of trophy, and the guy gets his picture taken. Those are not official awards though. Only official ones are in main tournaments like under-16, under-17, under-18, under-19, under-20, world cup, EuroBasket, etc.

In fact, even the actual Olympics tournament has no MVP award, but sometimes they do that same thing, where some guy has a trophy and his picture is getting taken. Yet there is no MVP award even in existence. You should know that, as Team USA players never got any MVP award.

It's just something the organizers of those events do, it's not an official award. Not that it matters once way or another.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 07-17-2016 at 04:03 PM.

Every single FIBA tournament in the world gives an MVP award, gives some kind of trophy, and they guy gets his picture taken. Those are not official awards though. Only official ones are in main tournaments like under-16, under-17, under-18, under-19, under-20, world cup, EuroBasket, etc.

In fact, even the actual Olympics tournament has no MVP award, but sometimes they do that same thing, where some guy has a trophy and his picture is getting taken. Yet there is no MVP award even in existence. You should know that, as Team USA players never got any MVP award.

It's just something the organizers of those events do, it's not an official award. Not that it matters once way or another.
    I wasn't aware. I was always under the assumption that picture/giving someone some type of an award, media publishing more or less made it official. I don't know much about Euro basketball. I know the teams he faced are all scrubs tho. Was more about Jokic than the actual teams he was facing. He stepped up in the Championship game, regardless who it was against more so than earlier in the tourny. Like I said better than nothing and better than a glorified pickup game.

I wasn't aware. I was always under the assumption that picture/giving someone some type of an award, media publishing more or less made it official. I don't know much about Euro basketball. I know the teams he faced are all scrubs tho. Was more about Jokic than the actual teams he was facing. He stepped up in the Championship game, regardless who it was against more so than earlier in the tourny. Like I said better than nothing and better than a glorified pickup game.
    Well, in FIBA tournaments, there are many unofficial awards that are not real.

Unless it is main tournament event. Qualification games MVP awards are not official, it was not actually a championship game, but a qualifying round.

As far as the quality of the teams, Czech Republic isn't a bad team and they did play one game against them. Czech Republic is a mid level European team. They would be good enough to win FIBA Americas last year.

But even that team, which is way better than Puerto Rico and Angola, is much worse than the best 10 European teams.

But yes, compared to summer league, it's better. It's real competition and it's organized, and something important is on the line from a team standpoint of winning or losing (not just a bunch of individuals trying to get a contract). Puerto Rico's national team would likely destroy every summer league team.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 07-17-2016 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac

You don't even know how to troll. Pathetic attempt for many reasons.
    It's a success look a you go in this thread. Hilarious