Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Wiggins too stiff in hips to be elite?

I'm stiff just watching him.

"3 is greater than 2" CuterThanRubio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTbasketball92
    We'll see dude. I'm rooting for him, but he simply looks more like a forward than a guard. Looking back, kobe drastically improved as a shooter between 2001 and 2007, in 2006 he became an excellent midrange shooter percentage wise, so if wiggins can shoot 44% on those shots, he can definitely average 25 ppg on a good team. That's a rare sort of improvement, but he has the work ethic, and if he keeps getting better as a shooter, he'll be a top 10-15 player i think because he already finishes extremely well at the rim, and he'll only get stronger. I

That's because he is a small forward, not a guard!

Comparing him to SG's isn't fair or logical since that isn't his position

Wiggins has played 2 seasons, just chill, he's going to be around for a while!

I recommend streaming a few games next year, you could learn a thing or two

Made that high school varsity squad Goofsta Knicca's Avatar

I Rep the Thunder! Thunderfan86's Avatar

This nikka said he too stiff in the hips

I don't why, but that shit sounded funny as hell when I said it in my head

He weighs in the 190's.

Its not necessarily that his hips are stiff, it's that he has extremely narrow, rotationally weak hips/body, genetically. He is much more of a straight line athlete, a sprinter per se. So his body structure will limit him in a game like basketball, which requires constant angle adjustment and rotation per step with coordination while handling and shooting.

His body and pelvis and hips are all extremely small and with no lateral or rotational strength/grace. He is a very skinny SPRINTER. It doesn't matter that he has good muscle definition in his delts, the rest of him is weak and not fluid or coordinated, despite being very quick.

Plus, being knock kneed makes him an injury scare due to angle of pronation.
    Last edited by BarberSchool; 07-18-2016 at 11:11 AM.

Decent college freshman

Rudy Gay with elite D

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

He got some sweet moves but they look very robotic abd awkward at times

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool
    He weighs in the 190's.

Its not necessarily that his hips are stiff, it's that he has extremely narrow, rotationally weak hips/body, genetically. He is much more of a straight line athlete, a sprinter per se. So his body structure will limit him in a game like basketball, which requires constant angle adjustment and rotation per step with coordination while handling and shooting.

His body and pelvis and hips are all extremely small and with no lateral or rotational strength/grace. He is a very skinny SPRINTER. It doesn't matter that he has good muscle definition in his delts, the rest of him is weak and not fluid or coordinated, despite being very quick.

Plus, being knock kneed makes him an injury scare due to angle of pronation.
    Yeah I could see how this could be true, though I wouldn't say Wiggins is weak. He's really strong, defenders bounce off him a bit when he drives and he explodes through contact. He's not nearly the ballhandler that Paul George is and he's not as guardlike ... but he is a much better finisher. But yeah, I definitely see limitations in his athleticism applied to basketball.

"3 is greater than 2" CuterThanRubio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTbasketball92
    Yeah I could see how this could be true, though I wouldn't say Wiggins is weak. He's really strong, defenders bounce off him a bit when he drives and he explodes through contact. He's not nearly the ballhandler that Paul George is and he's not as guardlike ... but he is a much better finisher. But yeah, I definitely see limitations in his athleticism applied to basketball.

Lmao, what?

Give it a rest!

Paul George didn't average 20ppg until his third season and was atrocious from inside the arc last year, Wiggins is on track to be much better than him, you don't know what you are talking about, this thread is terrible!

Very good NBA starter

I agree. He's not as agile. He's a fast explosive guy but he can't stop on a dime and and take off again.

I think people think the OP is dissing Wiggings but it's valid.

James Harden is not as fast, but he slithers in the lane.