Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Complete the Lakers Roster for Next Season

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalD24
    Pass. Reason being: For one he's a midget.. and the other being he's too much of a clown. There's a reason why he was shipped from the Celtics. In LA, he'd be far worse with all the distractions and media. The Lakers already have a headcase in Artest, why compound the problem?
    Well, he was shipped from Boston to help facilitate the Kendrick Perkins trade for Jeff Green.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    I'd like to see us ship out Gasol or Bynum. Those two don't click together, in part because of Kobe, so I'd rather us spread the floor with shooters. I wouldn't mind trading Artest either... I sense a crazy moment next year.
    At this point we're not getting back any value for Gasol so might as well keep him and hope Nash can motivate him back to 20/10 calibur. Houston already gave up Lowry. Minnesota doesn't have Beasley anymore and still trying to dangle Derrick Williams who's looking like a bust. Atlanta already rejected Josh Smith offer for Gasol.

I can see Bynum still getting traded for Dwight though, would definitely be an upgrade as long as its the trade I mentioned in the OP or something similar.

Here's another: Hell no
    Why not? You seriously think Nate is a better 6th man than Barbosa?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    Well, he was shipped from Boston to help facilitate the Kendrick Perkins trade for Jeff Green.
    I remember Shaq hinting that Nate Robinson's personality and goofy antics was a detriment to the Celtics on TNT not too long ago. I think there's some truth to that.

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Why not? You seriously think Nate is a better 6th man than Barbosa?
    I've watched post-Suns Barbosa a whole lot, and the truth is.. he's just not that good. He's just too predictable. All the defense needs to do is cut off his straightline drives to the basket and he's rendered useless. He can't shoot, create for others and has a really low basketball IQ. His defense isn't good also. If he can't shoot, pass and defend.. there's absolutely no reason why the Lakers would be interested in him. And he's also getting up there in age also (29).
    Last edited by ImmortalD24; 07-05-2012 at 03:12 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    I'd like to see us ship out Gasol or Bynum. Those two don't click together, in part because of Kobe, so I'd rather us spread the floor with shooters. I wouldn't mind trading Artest either... I sense a crazy moment next year.
    Reports indicate they're letting it ride with the current front court. It seems worth trying one more season with a guy like Nash facilitating. While I'm not sure how effective Bynum will be in the sort of pick and roll offense Nash is prone to (I'm conjuring up images of Shaq and Nash in Phoenix), I think Nash will have a huge impact on Gasol's resurgence this season.

It makes sense when you look at the bigger picture. If Dwight winds up as a one year rental somewhere, Lakers can just deal Bynum to whatever team that is in a sign-and-trade for Dwight. The outgoing team is happy they've got a permanent replacement in a top 3 center, Lakers are happy because they get the best center in the league who has changed his mind about extending with them (that is if he actually does change his mind, of course).

Banned

I remember Shaq hinting that Nate Robinson's personality and goofy antics was a detriment to the Celtics on TNT not too long ago. I think there's some truth to that.
    Possibly... but, in the end, I think it had more to do with the financials. Nate seemed to be a bit more grounded in Golden State this year. Despite the antics, he's a great locker room guy. He's like a pint-sized Scalabrine, waving towels and cheerleading from the sidelines. Not to mention when he catches fire he's nearly unstoppable from deep.

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    Realistic Lakers roster next season:

PG: Steve Nash/Steve Blake/Darius Morris
    SG: Kobe Bryant/Nate Robinson/Christian Eyenga/Andrew Goudelock
    SF: Ron Artest/Josh Howard/Devin Ebanks
    PF: Pau Gasol/Josh McRoberts
    C: Andrew Bynum/Jordan Hill/Kyrylo Fesenko
    i like those additions.

nate would be great for the lakers. good energy player + somewhat a decent backup for nash.

I've watched post-Suns Barbosa a whole lot, and the truth is.. he's just not that good. He's just too predictable. All the defense needs to do is cut off his straightline drives to the basket and he's rendered useless. He can't shoot, create for others and has a really low basketball IQ. His defense isn't good also. If he can't shoot, pass and defend.. there's absolutely no reason why the Lakers would be interested in him. And he's also getting up there in age also (29).
    Dude, Barbosa averaged 11pts, 1.5asts, 2rbs on 43% fg, 38% 3pt in 21.6 minutes of play on Indiana/Toronto last season off the bench

Don't tell me he can't shoot. He's a career 39% 3pt shooter. He's a better defender than 5'9 Nate. You're probably a Nate fan. Between the two, Barbosa is easily the better 6th man.

Banned

Dude, Barbosa averaged 11pts, 1.5asts, 2rbs on 43% fg, 38% 3pt in 21.6 minutes of play on Indiana/Toronto last season off the bench

Don't tell me he can't shoot. He's a career 39% 3pt shooter. He's a better defender than 5'9 Nate.
    Yet he was 3 for 20 in this years playoffs. Ramon Sessions averaged high 40's in 3pt % the last 3+ seasons. Watch the game kid. You can put those pointless stats up your ****.

Btw.. 43% FG , 1.5 assists and 2 rebounds isn't something to brag about. Edit: Not sure where you got 38% 3pt.. it's actually .358.
    Last edited by ImmortalD24; 07-05-2012 at 03:32 PM.

Yet he was 3 for 20 in this years playoffs. Ramon Sessions averaged high 40's in 3pt % the last 3+ seasons. Watch the game kid. You can put those pointless stats up your ****.

Btw.. 43% FG , 1.5 assists and 2 rebounds isn't something to brag about.
    I do watch the game. Barbosa tore up the Heat in a few of the playoff games. You can't justify saying Nate Robinson > Leandro Barbosa no matter how you put it. I've seen both players and got the stats to back it up. It's obvious you have a thing for Nate, because he sucks.

Don't compare Ramon's last 3 seasons to Barbosa. Barbosa average high 3pt % his entire career.

Get Dwight.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Get Dwight.
    Nah, let him go to Brooklyn and obliterate Miami.

Banned

I do watch the game. Barbosa tore up the Heat in a few of the playoff games. You can't justify saying Nate Robinson > Leandro Barbosa no matter how you put it. I've seen both players and got the stats to back it up. It's obvious you have a thing for Nate, because he sucks.

Don't compare Ramon's last 3 seasons to Barbosa. Barbosa average high 3pt % his entire career.
    Where the **** did I state that Nate> Barbosa? Are you high on acid or something brah? I don't care for either one.

You want to talk about the Heat series? How many 3's did Barbosa make during that series. Here, let me help you with that: http://www.basketball-reference.com/...basic_playoffs

And yeah, a series high of 9 freaking points is sure tearing it up.

Where the **** did I state that Nate> Barbosa? Are you high on acid or something brah? I don't care for either one.

You want to talk about the Heat series? How many 3's did Barbosa make during that series. Here, let me help you with that: http://www.basketball-reference.com/...basic_playoffs
    I still want Leandro Barbosa and Grant Hill at the veteran's minimum or through a trade with Indiana. They're a perfect fit with Nash.

raep tiem

Quote Originally Posted by scm5
    I posted this somewhere else but...

Bynum for Duncan and Ginobili

Pau and MWP for KG and Paul Pierce

Kobe to talk to Shaq to come out of retirement for the vet's min.

Sign Allen Iverson for the vet's min.

Sign Ray Allen for the Mini MLE.

Sign Grant Hill to the vet's min.

Sign Jermaine O'neal for the vet's min.

Sign Kidd for the vet's min.

Amnesty Steve Blake

Nash/Iverson/Kidd
    Kobe/Allen/Ginobili
    Pierce/Hill
    KG/O'Neal
    Duncan/Shaq