Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: WOW isiah acting classy

Quote Originally Posted by Kovach
    1. Stockton didn't cockblock himself from being voted into any of the popularity contests by making stupid, racist comments about Larry Bird.
    2. Stockton wasn't the leader of the team that was pretty much a thorn in the eye of the entire basketball community.

That he wasn't picked into all-NBA teams had zero to do with his qualities as a player, everyone who watched the Pistons play without bias knows that.

Nope, if there are a few blind people who do actually question that, it's an entirely new thing. At the time there was no doubt who the best player on that team was. I have never heard someone say "Dumars' team", or Laimbeer, Rodman, Aguirre, Dantley or whatever for that matter, did you?

Wrong. Dumars was 1st team All-NBA defense during their title years. He was the one who had to guard GOAT Jordan while Isiah had to guard Paxon. Tough assignment there.

Dumars was the guy making the All-NBA teams at that time, not Isiah. And i wasn't doing the voting.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    I've never heard stories about LeBron punching team mates in the face or publicly embarrassing people on the team bus.
    You're acting like fights don't breakout in basketball. Its grown men playing a physical, competitive game every single day, and in the case you're referring to, its with the same people he sees every single day. You think Jordan is the first person to hit someone in practice? Probably not. I wouldn't call that being a douchebag.

How is a team bus "public"?

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustinJDW
    I personally think Isiah gets way too much shit, and he should of been on the Dream Team. I think its a bit childish how they stonewalled him out. Everyone knows MJ was a huge dick back in the day, but it seems like Isiah is the one that gets the heat as the decades go past. Not cool.

Bad Boys should have three Championships too. Got ****ed over in 88.
    I threw both Zeke and Dominique Wilkins on my NBA2k12 Dream Team "on the strength". But like it was mentioned in that "Dream Team Special", what did Thomas in was the stigma of his "Badboy" team (cheapshot artists, purposefully trying to cause serious injuries, etc.), getting into fistfights, and encouraging players like Rodman to do dirty sh!t on purpose.

The final straw that did him in was walking out on the Bulls like he did, when the Bulls had no problem shaking hands just a year prior.

3-time NBA All-Star

Do Jordan and Isiah still beef? It doesn't seem like they do. In 2003, it was Isiah that actually coached Jordan's final all-star game and he made it a point that Jordan was showcased the most. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I believe he also pushed for Vince Carter to give up his starting spot for Jordan. He was also at his HOF ceremony despite there being no one else inducted that he was close with.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Do Jordan and Isiah still beef? It doesn't seem like they do. In 2003, it was Isiah that actually coached Jordan's final all-star game and he made it a point that Jordan was showcased the most. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I believe he also pushed for Vince Carter to give up his starting spot for Jordan. He was also at his HOF ceremony despite there being no one else inducted that he was close with.
    He also bigged up MJ a lot when he was doing announcing with Bob Costas during the 98 season (did a better job as an analyst than Magic IMO). I honestly believe that Zeke knows he screwed his chances to make that team himself, which is why he has no problem acknowledging the team on positive terms.

Local High School Star

Isiah was not included because:

- ECF incident (quiting before the final horn) with Bulls - "lack of sportmanship". The Dream selection was made shortly after.
    - The relationships with some of the other stars.
    - He was already in decline.

Had the Olympics be in 1990 - his absence will be more questionable for me at least.
    Someones can argue that he deserve to be in the place of Stockton - but this is not the case, the Jazz guard is a true legend and at his peak at the time averaging 17 points, 14 assists and 3 steals per game.
    Someones can argue why then Bird and Magic were on the team ? Ok, but a 35 years old Bird with back problems in his LAST season had a "prime" Grant Hill numbers of 20,2 ppg, 9,6 rpg and 6,8 apg !!! Magic was not at the end of his career and was still the best pg at the time, since he was 32 years old when HIV anounced.

Isiah has a terrible reputation, in general. Some of it is deserved.

However, on an individual basis he is known to be an extremely charismatic individual. During his playing days, though he was sometimes dirty, his big smile was also a trademark.

So, I'm not surprised that he responded this way to the re-hashing of the 92 Olympics snub.

Drew Sharp, columnist for the Detroit Free Press, actually wrote a piece saying that Isiah should be given a gold medal for that Olympics, because he should have been on the team. Talk about a bad idea....

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    You're acting like fights don't breakout in basketball. Its grown men playing a physical, competitive game every single day, and in the case you're referring to, its with the same people he sees every single day. You think Jordan is the first person to hit someone in practice? Probably not. I wouldn't call that being a douchebag.
    Most overblown "criticism" ever.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    Most overblown "criticism" ever.
    It's no wonder people call the league soft now. People act like sports should be treated like an office setting.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    As great as MJ was, he's a billion times more of a douche bag than LeBron could ever be.
    I know people that have met both. LeBron is not a bad guy. MJ is a tool that people hate to see walking their way.

College superstar