Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Seeing what's happening really makes me appreciate how MJ 3-peated TWICE

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    Fuck no.

Kobe was a damn sidekick.

SO we include Pippen too?

Sidekicks 01' title run was better then Wade's 06' title run...

no wonder he kicked Shaq to the curb and replaced him with a soft Euro....

because it was Snaq who left...not Kobe!!

Lakers had 2 so so years then it was right back to where we left off.

National High School Star b0bab0i's Avatar

Default Re: Seeing what's happening really makes me appreciate how MJ 3-peated TWICE

You are giving MJ too much damn credit. Without Pippen, he would have maybe 1 or 2 rings.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Derivative
    And MJ was able to do it TWICE, the second time was when he was out of his prime. Wow.
    He really was on a whole other planet...I'd love to see his face when he's sitting in his house alone watching ESPN and he hears these ridiculous commentators comparing LBJ to him. It's comical.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    Sidekicks 01' title run was better then Wade's 06' title run...

no wonder he kicked Shaq to the curb and replaced him with a soft Euro....

because it was Snaq who left...not Kobe!!

Lakers had 2 so so years then it was right back to where we left off.
    '01 Kobe had his only case for being better than Shaq in the playoffs throughout. Wasn't better in the Finals though.
    Last edited by Rocketswin2013; 06-13-2014 at 07:04 PM.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    I've got MJ and Russell 1 and 2. Anybody who disregards that era is doing themselves and basketball history a great disservice.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    Pippen averaged 19/8/6/2/1 in the Finals along with great defense, leadership and other intangibles.

AlphaWolf, you know the deal: avoid a clear, consistent criteria and engage in various contortions to inflate MJ. The real record is 8 straight but ignore Russell because he had a stacked team ( ) to give MJ another manufactured record (many people think the record for rings is 6 and the record for MVP's is 5).

that's right..."weak era"...only 8 teams...maybe even 14 teams....Russell's teams were stacked.

Totally needed more teams...because that means better games....like in the 90's with all the Washington Bullets and the Rony Seikley led Heat...ooohhhhh.....Not sure how Russell would have stopped Rony seikley!!! and Sherman Douglas!

Pippen averaged 19/8/6/2/1 in the Finals along with great defense, leadership and other intangibles.

AlphaWolf, you know the deal: avoid a clear, consistent criteria and engage in various contortions to inflate MJ. The real record is 8 straight but ignore Russell because he had a stacked team ( ) to give MJ another manufactured record (many people think the record for rings is 6 and the record for MVP's is 5).
    Jumped off the Bran bandwagon so quick, huh? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    01' Kobe had his only case for being better than Shaq in the playoffs throughout. Wasn't better in the Finals though.

Kobe was better in crunchtime...Kobe gaurded AI.....Kobe ran the offense...Shaq dominated Mutumbo 3' from the hoop...

Kobe was the best player against the Spurs....and frankly that's all that mattered.

Kobe's 01 run was great Shaq and Phil both said he was the best player in the NBA that year.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    I've got MJ and Russell 1 and 2. Anybody who disregards that era is doing themselves and basketball history a great disservice.
    I don't disregard the 60s entirely, but lets look at some facts here

- The NBA was NINE TEAM league in the 60s.

- There were like four to five 7 footers in the league *total* for many of those years. Guys who were 6'5 and 6'6 were routinely averaging over 10 rpg.

- Russell was sometimes as low as the 4TH scoring option on some of those Celtic teams. His Celtic teams were also far more stacked than the other 8 teams.

- Basketball development was at a laughable state back then, the NBA was pretty much a bush league in those days. The civil rights movement hadn't even come and gone yet, meaning most NCAA Div I colleges weren't even integrated. There's probably tons of good players that never got to the NBA because the opportunities back then for black males were harshly limited and mired in extreme poverty.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 06-13-2014 at 03:09 PM.

Very good NBA starter

People ignore Russell cause he was offensive ly inept and played in a era with 8 teams. They didn't even have a 3 pt line. Russell isn't winning 11 chips in the modern era. Name another Goat candidate with 6 chips has the best player.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    People ignore Russell cause he was offensive ly inept and played in a era with 8 teams. They didn't even have a 3 pt line. Russell isn't winning 11 chips in the modern era. Name another Goat candidate with 6 chips has the best player.
    He wasn't offensively inept. He consciously made a decision to focus on being the defensive anchor, seeing as his team already had offensive players.

Quote Originally Posted by Derivative
    3 peat is considered the ultimate sign for domination and dynasty, yet it's also one of the hardest to achieve.

Magic couldn't do it
    Kareem couldn't do it
    Bird couldn't do it
    Duncan couldn't do it
    Wilt couldn't do it
    Hakeem couldn't do it
    Kobe couldn't do it as the best player
    Russell did it but in a weak era with 8 teams while he had the most stacked team
    Lebron looks like he's gonna fall short

The only players that carried their teams to a 3-peat are MJ and Shaq. And Shaq only did it because he had the refs to rig 2002 playoffs for him.

And MJ was able to do it TWICE, the second time was when he was out of his prime. Wow.
    No, the 8-peat is.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    Russell's offensive production was pretty mediocre to be honest.

He never averaged over 19 ppg in season and routinely shot under 45% from the field which for a big man in that era is pretty nuts. 15 ppg was a pretty standard year for him ... this is on a Celtics team that often average over 110 ppg.

He would be a 8-10 ppg/10-12 rpg in the 90s IMO.

Wilt was always better he was just stuck on crappier teams.

Facts Are Misleading

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    Russell's offensive production was pretty mediocre to be honest.

He never averaged over 19 ppg in season and routinely shot under 45% from the field which for a big man in that era is pretty nuts. 15 ppg was a pretty standard year for him ... this is on a Celtics team that often average over 110 ppg.

He would be a 8-10 ppg/10-12 rpg in the 90s IMO.

Wilt was always better he was just stuck on crappier teams.
    This makes me sad that someone would think this.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by played0ut
    He wasn't offensively inept. He consciously made a decision to focus on being the defensive anchor, seeing as his team already had offensive players.
    So he missed shots n purpose