Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Exclamation [STRIKE] The Wilt Chamberlain Archive is gone until Google restores Youtube.

Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 07-05-2015 at 08:12 PM.

Default Re: [STRIKE] The Wilt Chamberlain Archive is gone until Google restores Youtube.

you really grabbed google by the balls with this! they'll have to comply with your demands! what will youtube do without minutes upon minutes of grainy black and white wilt chamberlain footage?! what will all the people watch in their spare time?! the downfall of youtube has finally come, and it's all because of you. you go, cavaliersftw. show them who's boss.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Default Re: [STRIKE] The Wilt Chamberlain Archive is gone until Google restores Youtube.

For real, tho, how do I get Google/YouTube to stop asking me if I want to use my username or email as my handle every single time I login to YouTube?

So ****ing annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    For real, tho, how do I get Google/YouTube to stop asking me if I want to use my username or email as my handle every single time I login to YouTube?

So ****ing annoying.
    You can't, you HAVE to do it otherwise you will never be able to comment again - if you don't eventually your youtube channel/account will be deleted and so will any comments/videos/etc you ever made.

Good college starter

I don't really care about your videos but Google's pissing me off with all the recent changes trying to be hipster like removing the black bar from their home page and adding the stupid app drawer instead. Now it's this shit.

This is kind of pointless, at least in my opinion. TONS of people are already complaining about this. To the point that I doubt any people you persuade to sign will make any noticeable contribution to the amount of people signing these types of petitions....With the type of backlash youtube has gotten for making changes in the past and never going back, I have a feeling this is permanent....Unfortunately. Not telling you what to do, but I'd recommend putting the videos back up for people to watch but move on to other uploading sites for future projects.

Haven't they ever heard of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    This is kind of pointless, at least in my opinion. TONS of people are already complaining about this. To the point that I doubt any people you persuade to sign will make any noticeable contribution to the amount of people signing these types of petitions....With the type of backlash youtube has gotten for making changes in the past and never going back, I have a feeling this is permanent....Unfortunately. Not telling you what to do, but I'd recommend putting the videos back up for people to watch but move on to other uploading sites for future projects.

Haven't they ever heard of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
    It may be pointless in your opinion - but I'm not going to make my videos available to watch unless I'm able to be notified when people comment / share / etc about my uploads. If that function never returns, my videos will never return to Youtube. I made a Vimeo account today and will begin uploading videos to it over the next few days. If Youtube changes back so that channel creators have control over comments and comment feed activity again than I will restore my videos if not - I'm literally never reactivating my videos. I'm fully prepared for the fact that Google is likely not going to listen to the public vitriol.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

wait what happened?

Good college starter

Actually, I can see the point of forcing people to use their names. It vastly reduces the amount of troll comments, and that's why ESPN went the facebook route as well. My problem is that the layout just flat out sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    wait what happened?
    See the video link I provided in the OP

with that MPC swing. Brokenbeat's Avatar

I have no idea what's going on, but people in the comments section are losing their sht, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    It may be pointless in your opinion - but I'm not going to make my videos available to watch unless I'm able to be notified when people comment / share / etc about my uploads. If that function never returns, my videos will never return to Youtube. I made a Vimeo account today and will begin uploading videos to it over the next few days. If Youtube changes back so that channel creators have control over comments and comment feed activity again than I will restore my videos if not - I'm literally never reactivating my videos. I'm fully prepared for the fact that Google is likely not going to listen to the public vitriol.
    That's a shame, they need to stop making changes like this.... I was going to say it will kinda suck when you get about 1/5 the views you get now but seeing the direction google is going with youtube I doubt they'll be the top video uploading site for long lol

Google has now started banning accounts spreading the petition. We're witnessing big brother in action.

Good college starter

Wow. How relevant is this video especially considering it was made in 2007.

Also, this.
    Last edited by HoopsFanNumero1; 11-07-2013 at 10:25 PM.