Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default So what's up with the Nets?

2-4 now. I haven't watched them other than when they played us, so I have a small sample size, so what's the holdup? They have lost to some bad teams too.

I am your soldier!

Default Re: So what's up with the Nets?

Jason Kidd
    Deron Williams

They look better with Livingston out there in my opinion.

All that matters is that they beat Miami.

They don't play as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    2-4 now. I haven't watched them other than when they played us, so I have a small sample size, so what's the holdup? They have lost to some bad teams too.
    Everyone was shooting their load when the Nets brought in 3 big pieces that the Knicks EMBARRASSED last year in the playoffs.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Deron Williams, Kevin Garnett and Andray Blatche have single handedly lost us three games. The Nets have been one less stupid turnover, one more made shot and one more defensive stop from being 5-1. They can't close games out, which is absurd given the talent we have. We are 1-3 in games decided by five points or less. Each of them ending in a tragic way via turnovers.

Growing pains, the good thing is Pacers are the only team in the East right now that doing good consistently. Every one else has at least 3 losses

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

There's nothing "wrong". The players are adjusting to playing with each other and are recovering from injuries and getting back into rhythm. They lost to the best team in the league right now in a game that they were in till the end, relax.

Quote Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
    There's nothing "wrong". The players are adjusting to playing with each other and are recovering from injuries and getting back into rhythm. They lost to the best team in the league right now in a game that they were in till the end, relax.
    i'm not worried, just curious.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The JKidd Kid
    We started out 11-4 last season with brand new players as well. We can cut the "adjusting crap" Each of our losses have been to reckless turnovers and sloppy possessions. We can't keep choking "the new team" excuse to freaking death any longer. We're at the bottom of the east right now and our third quarter woes have not been fixed WHATSOEVER despite being six games in with HoF players and veterans on our rosters. At this point Mikhail needs to take every Nets starters third quarter salary and donate it to charity, because third quarters being abysmal are beyond infuriating.

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    We started out 11-4 last season with brand new players as well. We can cut the "adjusting crap" Each of our losses have been to reckless turnovers and sloppy possessions. We can't keep choking "the new team" excuse to freaking death any longer. We're at the bottom of the east right now and our third quarter woes have not been fixed WHATSOEVER despite being six games in with HoF players and veterans on our rosters. At this point Mikhail needs to take every Nets starters third quarter salary and donate it to charity, because third quarters being abysmal are beyond infuriating.
    You said it yourself, sloppy posessions, the kind of thing that gets fixed as the team gets used to each other. Last seasons record is irrelevant and it's not a new team, it's the players getting used to each other. You react like this after every game. I'm honestly worried about your health man you should really calm down :\

They have a team built to win now... yet they hired a rookie Hc

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by Purch
    They have a team built to win now... yet they hired a rookie Hc
    Lol I know. The biggest mystery that I have with this team and its management.

D.Will is the biggest offender of the under performers
    Though KG hasn't hit anything, Blatche has been frustrating, AK dealing with injuries and PP sick for two games.

Overall, I like the offense, but either guys are not hitting their shots or turning it over. Its too new to them. Defensively, I've seen glimpses of what they can especially with the defense and shot blocking of AK, KG, Lopez and Plumlee but their perimeter defense, once again has size but no speed. D.Will again is a major offender here.

Best thing they can do is try to get a good return on him in trade.
    I would make pretty much everyone but Lopez, PP, KG, AK, Livingston, Plumlee, Anderson, Terry and JJ because of his insane contract. D.Will, Teletovic, Evans, Taylor, Toko should all be shopped. Blatche has veto power as does KG.

Deron needs to start playing like he's the best player on that team