rank sentamentalist

Default the rockets are going nowhere without a change at point guard

patrick beverley isn't good enough and isaiah canaan is too young. this is their weakest position by far. the league is loaded with quality point guards. houston has solid young disposable talent they can deal. canaan and beverley themselves, the two euro shooting forwards, terrence jones, tarik black. future picks.

black stinks and can be replaced pretty easily imo. canaan has definitely been impressive for stretches but isn't anything special in this pg loaded league. the real value comes from one of the three power forwards...

could they net an upgrade at point guard from anywhere in the league? burke, dragic, vasquez.... shaun livingston would have been awesome

even if they could get mario chalmers from miami, i think they'd be in better shape. wouldn't have to give up that much either.

Default Re: the rockets are going nowhere without a change at point guard

They aren't going anywhere even if they do get a change at point guard. They are the epitome of a great regular season team.

Raymond felton for jason terry do it dallas

Beverley is killing it.

He had an offensive rebound, a shot, and a tie up, after stealing the ball.

He does everything

Oh and his man is 1/4 with 3 points.

15 points and 4 boards on 5/11 shooting. 3-6 from deep.

"Its all about Patrick Beverley right now"

When you make a thread about how bad a player he is, then the play by play guys do nothing but talk about how good he is...

The Rockets are going nowhere because James Harden and Dwight Howard are their centerpieces, not because of Patrick Beverly.

rank sentamentalist

he's a backup. a good backup but nothing better than lindsay hunter, a career backup. he's a terrific energy guy who can knock down shots but he's no starter.

and when he has to match up against steph curry and chris paul and damian lillard? he'll get crushed and they'll be laughing on defense cuz they won't have to do anything.

houston could be a real darkhorse with the right change. i'm not calling them contenders but they can certainly play spoiler and have a hailmary's chance at the finals. unfortunately the change that would put them over the top is at the coaching position and i don't think that's happening any time soon.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    "Its all about Patrick Beverley right now"

When you make a thread about how bad a player he is, then the play by play guys do nothing but talk about how good he is...
    lol i know i've got the game on in the background. bad timing. nevertheless...

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    he's a backup. a good backup but nothing better than lindsay hunter, a career backup. he's a terrific energy guy who can knock down shots but he's no starter.

and when he has to match up against steph curry and chris paul and damian lillard? he'll get crushed and they'll be laughing on defense cuz they won't have to do anything.

houston could be a real darkhorse with the right change. i'm not calling them contenders but they can certainly play spoiler and have a hailmary's chance at the finals. unfortunately the change that would put them over the top is at the coaching position and i don't think that's happening any time soon.
    Actually Beverley has shut down or at the very least contained those players nearly every time they play. Obviously Lillard played well in the playoffs last season, but Beverley was coming off a 10 day leg injury and spent several nights in the hospital during the series due to the flu.

Go back and look at the Bev vs Steph matchups. Steph is not himself when he's being hounded by Bev.

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    patrick beverley isn't good enough and isaiah canaan is too young. this is their weakest position by far. the league is loaded with quality point guards. houston has solid young disposable talent they can deal. canaan and beverley themselves, the two euro shooting forwards, terrence jones, tarik black. future picks.

black stinks and can be replaced pretty easily imo. canaan has definitely been impressive for stretches but isn't anything special in this pg loaded league. the real value comes from one of the three power forwards...

could they net an upgrade at point guard from anywhere in the league? burke, dragic, vasquez.... shaun livingston would have been awesome

even if they could get mario chalmers from miami, i think they'd be in better shape. wouldn't have to give up that much either.
    Ehh isn't Harden's ball dominance makes it unnecessary for a true point guard? I mean, Patrick Beverley is the best defender at his position in the league and he's good at shooting 3s. Can handle the ball decently...what more do you want? I'd say he's the perfect PG as the starter in the Houston team.

rank sentamentalist

Go back and look at the Bev vs Steph matchups. Steph is not himself when he's being hounded by Bev.
    i just did and either you're seeing something i'm not or you're full of shit

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=beverpa01

a 5-14 game
    a 5-12 game

only time the two faced up and steph didn't score 20 points, bev only played 7 minutes

don't get me wrong, as i said beverley is a great defensive player. and its not his instincts or his physical ability or his craftiness or smarts... i mean he's got a little of all that. but mostly he just works his ass off and is constantly fired up and tenacious. that leaves a mark on the game.

but he's still not starter material. in fact he's among the worst starters in the league at his position. not his fault but true.

Not starter material...

Another fine example of how you don't know what you're talking about.

You're right, hes just not made for the NBA
    Last edited by UK2K; 11-22-2014 at 10:31 PM.