Nice try, lol.

Banned

Default Re: I still believe russell westbrook > Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Nice try, lol.
    Deal with facts bro.

Quote Originally Posted by KG5MVP
    you're a kobe homer so i wouldn't be surprised if you still believe that the sun revolves aruond the earth.
    Makes no sense. The sun DOES revolve around the earth. Just go outside once in a while and watch the sun, it moves through the sky, the earth doesn't move through the sun's sky.

/Sarcasm.

Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeronMillsap
    Not until other teams start game-planning against Westbrook the same way they do for Rose then you can't go just their numbers. Along with Westbrook having to carry his team without another superstar caliber player.

Teams do try to double and triple team Russell, especially off pick and rolls. He's too damn fast. He just splits it and dunks on somebody or commits a charge. What do you think, Westbrook just makes open jumpshots off KD kickouts? He's not even that type of player.

ANd statistically, Rose and Westbrook are as close as ever so people trying to make it a runaway like Rose is so dominantly better are hilarious. Head to head, Russell also got the better of the matchup just slightly.

Russ's scoring average are higher (put up 43 on NJ, went INTO Boston no KD no JG and won that game) without Durant as well so that argument holds little water.

Team record is next, not a bad factor to use, but still 1 plays in the East and the other in the West skews that as well. The Thunder have only 7 losses against the East, to ~ 21 wins so that'd make their winning percentage ~ .750

Athleticism is fairly subjective, but if you want to call getting to the ft line a function of that then Russ wins as well, getting 8fta per to ROse's 6fta per.

Or if you want to say well who dunks more, then Westbrook wins that having dunked 22 more times than Rose this season (48 to 26)

The Rose with no help argument is laughable too since the same Rose homers where the ones bitching that Deng didn't make the all star team and what is Boozer, spring chicken?

Hell, the matchup between OKC-CHI that the Bulls won, it was Boozer with his 29 and Deng with his 18 that carried the team. Rose had like 11

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

4:09 Derrick Rose makes free throw 1 of 2 80-83
    4:09 Derrick Rose makes free throw 2 of 2 81-83
    3:36 Carlos Boozer makes layup (Derrick Rose assists) 83-83
    2:50 83-87 Brandon Jennings shooting foul (Derrick Rose draws the foul)
    2:50 Derrick Rose makes free throw 1 of 2 84-87
    2:50 Derrick Rose makes free throw 2 of 2 85-87
    2:28 Joakim Noah makes dunk (Derrick Rose assists) 87-87
    1:53 Derrick Rose makes layup 89-87
    1:07 Derrick Rose makes 13-foot jumper 91-87
    0:42 Derrick Rose makes 14-foot jumper 93-87
    0:29 Ronnie Brewer makes layup (Derrick Rose assists) 95-87
    0:00 End of the 4th Quarter
    0:00 End Game
    When Westbrook (and I like him as a player) can do this and close out a come from behind victory like on the road, then talk to me.

Until then Westbrook = second option, Rose = MVP

Banned

Nope, Rose is better. Westbrook might be a better defender but he is also the king of turnovers. Rose is a better scorer, 3pt shooter, and FT shooter and just a better leader.

It seems like the only ones who think Westbrook is better are Rose haters or Thunder fans =/

You can be mad all you want man but RW is the second best player on the team, Durant is better than anyone Rose has ever played with, and if you switched the two I reckon the Bulls wouldn't be #1 in the east and the Thunder would be better than they are now.

Not to mention Rose won the starting PG job over RW this summer and is having an MVP season.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    You can be mad all you want man but RW is the second best player on the team, Durant is better than anyone Rose has ever played with, and if you switched the two I reckon the Bulls wouldn't be #1 in the east and the Thunder would be better than they are now.

Not to mention Rose won the starting PG job over RW this summer and is having an MVP season.
    And over that scrub Rondo too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba
    better fg%, more steals, more rebounds, less points, more assists, more athletic, and because he's in a low market team like oklahoma he doesn't get the recognition he definitely deserves. westbrook > rose

[COLOR="White"]can't wait to see madd bulls fans haha[/COLOR]
    I still believe you are a dumbass and this forum would be more bearable if you would just go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Glide2keva
    When Westbrook (and I like him as a player) can do this and close out a come from behind victory like on the road, then talk to me.

Until then Westbrook = second option, Rose = MVP
    He has, but agian you homers don't even watch other teams.

And anyways, here's this season's clutch stats. Formatting is going to get all ****ed up because ISH still operates on a 19th century msg board platform

Sortable NBA Player "Clutch" Stats
    For these stats "Clutch" is defined as:
    4th quarter or overtime, less than 5 minutes left, neither team ahead by more than 5 points

2010-2011 NBA Season Stats
    Last update: 04/16/2010

Click on a column header to sort by that stat

CHI Rose 32 123 23 +9 37.3 .375 4.7 .250 15.9 87% 43.2 13% 11.3 9.7 5.8 0.4 1.9

OKC Westbrook 37 187 72 +18 30.2 .398 3.3 .308 20.0 80% 41.2 14% 11.0 6.4 3.3 0.8 1.0

Again, a marginal difference of 2pts when extrapolated over 48 minutes, yet with Westbrook having a higher 3pt%, grabbing more rebounds, more assists, less turnovers in "clutch" situations.

http://www.82games.com/1011/CSORT11.HTM

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by 50inchvertical

And anyways, here's this season's clutch stats. Formatting is going to get all ****ed up because ISH still operates on a 19th century msg board platform

4th quarter or overtime, less than 5 minutes left, neither team ahead by more than 5 points

OKC Westbrook 37 187 72 +18 30.2 .398 3.3 .308 20.0 80% 41.2 14% 11.0 6.4 3.3 0.8 1.0

Again, a marginal difference of 2pts when extrapolated over 48 minutes, yet with Westbrook having a higher 3pt%, grabbing more rebounds, more assists, less turnovers in "clutch" situations.

Listen...It's obvious that you are delusional....Russy is a damn good PG...And the fact that he has raised his standing so high among the elite PG's should be applauded...He will be a top 3 PG in another year...

But surely you realize that the Thunder is not "his" team, right? You do realize that most of the time Durant is taking the big shots at the end of games....Of course Westbrook has a lot to do with the success of his team...But you can't compare him to a kid (Rose) who is the main option for his team...That's just the way it is...No hate...Because really, Westbrook is scary as f*ck when he's on that court...But his responsibilities are not as mammoth as Rose's....There's no refuting this..Unless people just like to argue...

Quote Originally Posted by 50inchvertical

Thank you Based Presti OKCThunderUP's Avatar

They're the same players. Equal stats, same ridiculous athleticism. Arguing which is better when neither have won anything noteworthy is stupid.

Saw a basketball once

They are damn close IMO.