Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man entropy35's Avatar

Default Re: I still believe russell westbrook > Rose

I would actually say they are about equal. Rose is overrated a little bit while Westbrook is underrated. Westbrook is definitely the better defender while rose is the better scorer. Pretty equal in my opinion.

I have Rose as slightly better, but only by so much. Its true as some are saying Westbrook is 2nd option and Rose as first, but dont you think Westbrook would score more if he would shoot more? Granted his FG% would be even lower than Rose due to increased defensive attention, its a double edged sword.

Bottom line - both players surprised me this year, and both have huge potential. You can make a case either one of them will end up as a better player, but injuries might struck anytime. Remember GHill, Tmac, or recently BRoy? If perfectly healthy, IMO their teams success would weight heavily who is perceived as better.

I love Westbrook, but I don't think he could carry a team like Rose can.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat
    I love Westbrook, but I don't think he could carry a team like Rose can.
    lol, rose carries the team while going 6-20 most nights.

Now a Cavs fan again

More steals?

Rose is better than Westbrook. 10 times more clutch (i.e go to guy of his team and he delivers), better scorer, much better defender, gets way more defensive attention etc.

Quote Originally Posted by asdf1990
    lol, rose carries the team while going 6-20 most nights.
    considering rose has a 43.9% shooting percentage and westbrook is shooting at 44.4% there goes that theory

Rose a career 46% avg and westbrook a career 44.4%.

Also consider Rose is double teamed most nights, Durant leaves Westbrook open for his picking.

at Westbrook being more athletic

Made that high school varsity squad pmj's Avatar

Rose is better offensively right now, and they are about equal in everything else.

I think they could have the same ceiling eventually, but I'm not sure right now how Westbrook would do as the main guy, and we know how Rose is doing as the main guy (#1 seed).

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba
    better fg%, more steals, more rebounds, less points, more assists, more athletic, and because he's in a low market team like oklahoma he doesn't get the recognition he definitely deserves. westbrook > rose

[COLOR="White"]can't wait to see madd bulls fans haha[/COLOR]
    saying a PG is better because he has more rebounds per game

maybe its because there arent too many rebounders on the Thunder in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    saying a PG is better because he has more rebounds per game

maybe its because there arent too many rebounders on the Thunder in the first place.
    this Westbrook and Durant are very overrated as rebounder's

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat
    considering rose has a 43.9% shooting percentage and westbrook is shooting at 44.4% there goes that theory

Rose a career 46% avg and westbrook a career 44.4%.

Also consider Rose is double teamed most nights, Durant leaves Westbrook open for his picking.
    thats right.

we should be comparing Kevin Durant to Derrick Rose and the answer is Rose to that comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    Rose double and triple teamed all game.
    Retarded. It's basketball. Teams double outside the post almost never. Rose gets trapped off the pick-n-roll. That's it.

The closest you'll see to a true double on a perimeter player is Florida vs BYU where they literally doubled Jimmer a few times in the first half the other night.

Read this:
    http://archive.chicagobreakingsports...s-defense.html

If Rose (or any pg) is outside and a teammate comes over to set a pick, there's now 2 defenders there and against Rose sometimes teams decide to play it where both defenders trap Rose leaving the player setting the pick open.

Here's a quote from Rose from that same game:
    "We were just out of sync," Rose said. "The way they double-team is kind of weird. They had three people on one side making sure when I come off the pick two people were on me. If I made the little slip pass, someone was sticking Carlos. It was a tough night.

"I couldn't get a feel for the game because they wouldn't let me. I couldn't split the double-team. When I dragged it out, they came out with me. Every pick-and-roll they trapped."
    So the only thing that's real about it is the double team on the trap off a pick-n-roll. WOW!

But don't act like he's just sitting there outside and two defenders come over to him. It's the NBA, that does not happen. Teams like to trap him off the pick-n-roll and he's far from the only PG to get that treatment though he probably sees that on a regular basis.

This 1st option/second option business is just crap. The amount of shots you get to take effects your scoring. The focus of the other team's D? Not so much since teams are very limited in what they can do. Think back to all the games with Lebron him Cleveland where the other team guarded him with 2 guys? Remember Jordan shooting over Ehlo and Mark Price? Rose is guarded by one person all game. Off the pick-n-roll he gets trapped. That's it.

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba
    better fg%, more steals, more rebounds, less points, more assists, more athletic, and because he's in a low market team like oklahoma he doesn't get the recognition he definitely deserves. westbrook > rose

[COLOR="White"]can't wait to see madd bulls fans haha[/COLOR]
    No he's not
    Last edited by Calabis; 03-27-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Banned

Westbrook > Rose.

Banned

Not until other teams start game-planning against Westbrook the same way they do for Rose then you can't go just their numbers. Along with Westbrook having to carry his team without another superstar caliber player.