Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: John Wall's stats since March

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
    Not only this, but If you followed him from the start of his NBA career his jump improved a ton. Them roids.

I don't know about Roids but I wouldn't doubt that many NBA players take the HGH cream for faster recovery times.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Yet he is the most explosive in game dunker at PG.

Some people run and jump better when the adrenaline is pumping and don't measure well in a combine setting.

Or it could be that your perception differs from reality. I think that is the more likely scenario.

If Westbrook can get up as high as Wall why is Wall getting over twice as many blocks?

John Wall and LaMarcus Aldridge have been named the NBA's Players of the Week.

Wall averaged 24.0 points, 11.0 assists, 5.0 rebounds and 2.5 steals per game while shooting .617 from the field, .800 from three-point range and .857 from the free-throw line in leading the Wizards to a 3-1 record during the week. Wall became the first NBA player since the three-point era began (1979-80) to average at least 24 points, 11 assists, five rebounds, two steals, shoot at least .600 from the field, .800 from three-point range and .850 from the free-throw line in a four game span.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    Or it could be that your perception differs from reality. I think that is the more likely scenario.

If Westbrook can get up as high as Wall why is Wall getting over twice as many blocks?

For real? John Wall is a more explosive leaper than RW?

Idk what to say so I'll just respect your right to have an opinion but when I look at games; (and I've played against NBA, NFL, and Div. I Big 10 players) when administering the "eye test" RW explodes with more ferocity than any other guard in the league.

As for your second question, Wall is taller with longer arms and better anticipation. That has nothing to do with the original talking point though.
    Last edited by Go Getter; 03-18-2013 at 03:24 PM.

80% from three....wow .....wait....is that marked improvement or a statistical anomaly?

80% from three....wow .....wait....is that marked improvement or a statistical anomaly?

Small sample size. He only attempted 5 treys in those 4 games, making 4.

I think he had made only 3 or 4 3s on the season coming into those 4 games.

Small sample size. He only attempted 5 treys in those 4 games, making 4.

I think he had made only 3 or 4 3s on the season coming into those 4 games.
    I was being sarcastic. I know....it kills me how these stat guys come up with the most arbitrary numbers to justify slurping a player.

I mean with Wall I guess it's okay but no one needs to hype Lebron up with stats that mean nothing everyone who knows ball knows he will be an all-time great when he retires.

Local High School Star

Wall has shown flashes of a franchise player but, as of now, he is absolutely not a franchise player.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    Everyone has a 40 inch vert. Not all 40 inch verts are equal. And being fast won't help you in conference Finals and Finals play; I'd take James Harden's deceptive quickness over Wall's end to end "speed" any day.

didn't bother reading the rest.....

Yet he is the most explosive in game dunker at PG.

Some people run and jump better when the adrenaline is pumping and don't measure well in a combine setting.
    Not only this, but If you followed him from the start of his NBA career his jump improved a ton. Them roids.
    it's called going to the gym getting stronger.... doing deadlifts, squats, plyometrics...etc