Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Bryant Dunking on Kareem like he's a beetch *VIDEO*

that's pretty high aerial even by today's standards.

owwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    Find me ANY source that puts him over 230. Did you just go to his Wiki page? LMFAO. He's been thin all his career, and hasn't built a large amount of muscle mass. He's bulked up since coming into the league, but he's not over 250.
    http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kevin_garnett/
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/player...s?playerId=261
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/playerpage/6581

So you think two things:

1. that KG has put on 38 pounds of muscle since coming out of HS at 215ish.

and:

2. that KG has 40lbs on Moses Malone at any point in his career.

Am I correct in that's the opinion you have at this time?

Why is this so difficult to grasp? The same site that makes you believe Moses was 215 is the same site that says KG is 220. So, if KG isn't 220, and has put on weight to the point of 250+, then why do you think every other big man listed in the 70's stayed at their entry weight? There's no way Moses was 215 all his life, which means:

Either that weight of 253 isn't accurate (which I suspect isn't considering KG's frame),

or

Moses was over 215lbs, and many other bigs put on weight and didn't stay the same weight they were at when they were 19 or 20.

Both points hurt your argument.
    Last edited by Showtime; 05-19-2009 at 04:28 AM.

And don't sit there and tell me that guys like Artis Gilmore were rail thin post players who were abused by guys driving into the lane, because that just isn't true.

^ rail thin punk who was abused by scrubs.

^ DPOY beast who had 40 lbs on Moses.
    Last edited by Showtime; 05-19-2009 at 04:35 AM.

Why is...those things? TheGrassIsGreen's Avatar

If you look closely at his right knee, you'll see that he got a boost from Kareem's hip.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

I can easily see kg at 250+ plus all all the sources have him at it. I don't know what you are arguing that KG isn't 250+. Do you have some secret source that none of us know about?

College superstar

ESPN Classic had a Spurs-LA playoff game from the early '80s a couple days ago. Dwight is like a smaller Gilmore. Kinda scary how similar they are.

Kareem got the last laugh in that game. He scored the game-winning basket.

I am Chris Wilcox

KG at 250?

You're an idiot if you think that KG is at 250. I'd put him at 235 max.

Good High School Starter

Do you ever look at your Dad and say why couldn't you be a world class athlete!?!!?!

Quote Originally Posted by phelix2000
    I can easily see kg at 250+ plus all all the sources have him at it. I don't know what you are arguing that KG isn't 250+. Do you have some secret source that none of us know about?
    First off I was pointing out how the listed weights change because that idiot said Moses was 215.

Second, KG came into the league at 215. So, while he has bulked up, I don't believe he put on nearly 40lbs of pure muscle. He's built up lean muscle, and I would think his playing weight is around 235, based upon visual evidence and other players who are similar.
    Last edited by Showtime; 05-19-2009 at 11:35 AM.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    KG at 250?

You're an idiot if you think that KG is at 250. I'd put him at 235 max.
    i could see kg pushing 250.. he's tall (duh) but he has a big set of shoulders on him.. you're talking about a 15 pound difference and 15 pounds of muscle spread out over a person that height is not going to be visable... it's not like it's 15 pounds of fat tacked on as a beer gut

owwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    And don't sit there and tell me that guys like Artis Gilmore were rail thin post players who were abused by guys driving into the lane, because that just isn't true.

^ rail thin punk who was abused by scrubs.

^ DPOY beast who had 40 lbs on Moses.
    Moses was 260 lbs using nba.com (which I also used for KG). You do realize if the entry weights of NBA players in the 70s are listed then the entry weights of NBA players of the 00's are also listed (eg. Dwight Howard is only 240). Neither side has an advantage here. Also, I'm more inclined to believe official rankings from EVERY source than your gut feeling that KG is not 250.

You are trying make it seem like I am somehow questioning the abilities of players in the 70s when not a single one of my posts indicates that. I have said what I've noticed in comparison between the two eras. The centers are about 40-50 lbs lighter than the average center today. If you have functioning eyes, you should be able to see this (the stats confirm this view). This isn't a diss in anyway to those players because in todays world most of them would be 250+ lb. My only point is that it is much easier to squeeze through the lane when everyone on average is so much lighter and occupies less space. Watching/comparing the games has only confirmed this. Secondly, with the offensive rebounding point I made, you can check the stats to see that teams (and by extension guards) got offensive rebounds at a rate of about 20-30% more than today. This is because a) boxing out at 220 is not quite as effective as boxing out at 270 and b) the disparity between the strength of a SG and PF/C wasn't as great as it is now (you will notice them literally rip it out of the hands of the bigs, something which is a lot rarer now). Again, we are talking about the average center. Not everyone of them was as strong as Wilt, Gilmore or Dawkins.

So maybe you should stop using this played out tactic of posting pictures of one or two players which shows nothing. It would be the equivalent of me posting pics of Shaq, Dwight, Yao and saying the typical center looked like them.

wow i clicked on this thread thinking it was going to be kobe dunking on kareem during a practice or something, kinda like that one of him on shaq

i'd believe KG is 250+. he has bulked up considerably since his minnesota days.