Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Good college starter Nash-tastic's Avatar

Default Re: Jashaun Agosto- 7th grade star vs 10, 11 and 12th graders

Quote Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
    He is the real deal no question. It would be a tragedy if he doesn't grow and or get more athletic. Skill he has it and a lot of it.

However, he playing against no black kids. Where is the competition? Why isn't he going up against Tony Wroten? LeBryan Nash? Marquis Teague?

Man, it really makes me respect OJ Mayo more than I already do. He as a 7th grader was playing against the best 18 year old senior in the country. He lead his team to the sweet 16 in the state tournament as a 7th while averaging 23 ppg. He was only 6'0 feet tall, but already dunking and already had an NBA jumper.

Even Lance Stephenson as an 8th grader was 6'4 and he was invited to ABCD camp and took on Brandon Jennings, Derrick Rose, OJ Mayo, Eric Gordon all those guys.

That being said this kid is the real deal and maybe the next Isiah Thomas.

Future D1 Dad

it's pretty cool he's playing against HS varsity competition already at his age but he's still young. i bet he has yet to drive the lane and get nailed by someone. if i were playing against him, i'd bodycheck his ass back to 7th grade. i wouldn't be having some midget making me look dumb on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    What's the name of this chick?

Banned

I didn't see anything special at all. All i saw was another midget with some handles looking good against a bunch of rednecks. Big deal. There are probably thousands of 7th graders who are better then he is.
    I should focus on running. He's a very talented endurance runner without a doubt. But basketball? Well he'll never be a NBA top level player.
    Last edited by beermonsteroo; 10-25-2010 at 09:25 AM.

This is HS Varsity? Man, those kids SUCKED. I know a few kids around my neighbourhood that would beast this competition.

Jashaun is talented, but he doesn't seem to have grown any since I first heard of him in a few years ago.

Banned

Derrick Carracter was 1000 times better than both kids shown in this thread and he was a second round pick...jus saying

Carracter was dominating top seniors at age 13. He just got bored and actually regressed for a long time.

Cuba

Local High School Star

All I see is a bunch of white kids.

Very good NBA starter

half those ill-advised and slow lob passes would end up in steals against black kids.

just saying.

Saw a basketball once

A. I saw quite a few black kids in the video.
    B. He lives in Seattle, Washington. And plays AAU basketball, which is the highest level you can play. The same leagues that produced Jamal Crawford, Nate Robinson, Jason Terry, Luke Ridnoir, Rodney Stuckey, Brandon Roy, Martel Webster, Aaron Brooks, etc....I live in Seattle and the hype surrounding this kid is much bigger than those forementioned when they were coming up.
    C. He is 5 feet tall, the high school kids in the video all looked to be 6 feet tall and much taller. A few kids in the video looked to be over 6 foot 6. How in the world is a 5 foot pre-puberty kid dominating them? Regardless if you think the talent he is playing vs is top notch?
    D. I've followed this kid for a couple years and he definately is the real deal. At age 10 he recieved letters from Division I colleges including UCLA. But it's not all hype. He has competed at Division I AAU Nationals for 5 years in a row and looked at as a top player from all the scouts that attend those Championships. At those championships Jashaun always plays up one grade and he dominates the top kids from all 50 states. Not impressive at his age & size?
    E. I agree that at age 12 it's way to early to predict if someone can make the nba. But he certainly looks to be a lock for college regardless of his height based on his skills.
    F. From what I have read, he is the youngest of 5 brothers and they are all over 6 feet tall and his father is 6ft 2. I assume he'll be at least get to 5ft 9 and from the video, his verticle is insane on his jumpers and floaters.
    G. We can all say we shouldn't compare him to nba players. But what's crazy is he was mentioned in an article about Michael Jordan on FoxSports. Wow...His name recognition alone will get him nba & college looks.
    H. Can we all agree that the kid works his tail off. When you mention a 7th grader playing varsity...you think of physical freaks like Kobe, OJ Mayo, etc...This kid is pre puberty and he is playing at a very high level. When he grows, if he continue to work, he will be very very scary.

Here is the link to the article on Michael Jordan mentioning Jashaun Agosto.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/T...sn%2527t-exist

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by abuC

How old is the kid is the question? Many parents hold their kids back just so they can dominate vs younger kids. That's been going on for years now. Has anyone ever seen LeBron or Oden's birth certificates? LOL..they look older than some nba veterans. And OJ Mayo while yes he was dominating in the 7th grade. I read that he was held back 2 times. Not so impressive when the kid should have been a 9th grader anyways. And all I saw was a 6 foot 6 kid dunking on fast breaks. I didn't see nba basketball skills. If you are 6 foot 6 you better be able to dunk.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Nice Video. It's nice to see a young kid dominating a bunch of older kids.
    Usually the other way around, no homo

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
    Jaylin Fleming and Jashuan Agosto are the real things. They already have NBA mentors, they train 24/7. They are truely the next great rivalry. Derrick Rose even said they were better than him at the age of 10.

and that's scary.
    yea you know the kid is special when Jashaun has Isaiah Thomas (University of Washington 5ft 9 star point guard), Jamal Crawford, and Brandon Roy all working with him every summer. It's great to see nba players putting him under their wing.

What does skin color have to do with anything? They are simply scrubs.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Euroball5
    And then there's this kid who's the same age as him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ-JD...eature=related
    Andrew Wiggins ain't 13 yrs old. Yes he is in the 8th grade but he is 16 yrs old. Once again, when you are 6 foot 6 regardless of your age, you better be able to dunk.