Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-27-2011, 12:48 PM   #31
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Default Re: Jared Sullinger Not Declaring for NBA Draft This Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
He had like three dunks last game, two of them from a standstill.

Plus dude still has baby fat, he doesn't have a "man's" body.

If he can commit to weights and nutrition he can be a solid starter.

He has good hands and feet, and if he gets rid of his negative weight he'll beast.

OSU was the best team pre tourney in large part because of him.

I like Jared, don't get me wrong. His touch and feel is superb, I'm just questioning his ability to transition to the NBA where guys are faster, taller, and longer. Guys that make the B10's best bigs: JaJuan Johnson, Trevor Mbakwe, Mike Davis, Draymond Green etc. look like children.

I'm rooting for him cause I think he's got an old school game feel to him, but I think we're seeing a guy who is a smaller Al Jefferson. Still pretty damn good though.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:52 PM   #32
Notorious D.M.C
It was all a dream

I wouldn't pay attention to anything these college players say until its past the deadline. They get people in their ear all the time telling them to make money so we'll see
Notorious D.M.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:41 PM   #33
Tide
Bulls and Mavs

Don't put anything into post game press conference stuff. Last year Elliot Williams, Greg Monroe, Favors, and I think Wes Johnson all said they'd be back in lockeroom/postgame interviews, but later declared.
Tide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 02:24 PM   #34
sixer6ad
Local High School Star

Many people on here have mentioned Sullinger's old school game; I agree. He just gets the ball and does his thing.

The best comparison I have heard this year isn't anyone that's been mentioned on this thread, and that is Mark Aguire. Aguire used to sit his undersized big butt on the block, call for the ball, and find some way to score. Jared does the same thing. Please note...for those of you trolling to hate - I am only saying the way that that score is a pretty good comparison. I see the similarity.

I do legitimately think he stays, though. They have Craft back for sure and two McDonald All-Americans on their way. In addition, two studs hardly played this year because of the seniors. If Buford returns, which I believe he will, they will be pre-season #1.
sixer6ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 02:33 PM   #35
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
His dunks came on unchallenged attempts. He got blocked on at least one other attempt, and blocked by the rim on another.

He couldn't consistently face up and score against a lumbering defender.

He does have good hands and feet, but his lack of size and explosiveness will negate a lot of that at the next level.

A very, very good college player. But he needs to develop his outside game substantially to be Donyell Marshall at the next level. A nice player. Nothing more.
One of his dunks was and AND 1 right over the defender, they played it over and over, he screamed like a banshee.

He will never be a Donyell Marshall, but he can be a slightly more talented Paul Milsap. He was one of the best players in the nation as a freshman and he is very out of shape.

He rebounds like a beast and has a very quick second jump.

**** a long distance jumpshot lol, guys that rebound and putback are valuable as well.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 02:38 PM   #36
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
I like Jared, don't get me wrong. His touch and feel is superb, I'm just questioning his ability to transition to the NBA where guys are faster, taller, and longer. Guys that make the B10's best bigs: JaJuan Johnson, Trevor Mbakwe, Mike Davis, Draymond Green etc. look like children.

I'm rooting for him cause I think he's got an old school game feel to him, but I think we're seeing a guy who is a smaller Al Jefferson. Still pretty damn good though.
That's why he needs to shed weight and add muscle. If he does that he'll be cool.

The whole 'undersized PF' thing is becoming cliche as guys like Boozer, Milsap, Hayes, Landry, Hansbrough, etc, etc are all 6'9" and under and doing relatively well.

I'm not calling him a sure shot, he needs work, but the hands, and rebounding will translate in the NBA as well as the standing dunk ability.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:45 PM   #37
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick

I've not seen him play, but most people seem to be describing Big Baby

If I was a prospect, unless someone says "you're going top 3 this year, but if you stay in college you're a low teens pick" I'd absolutely stay in college this year. I'd say it's like 70% likely that theres going to be a lockout.
BlackWhiteGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 03:54 PM   #38
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

Somebody needs to draft that Rodriguez kid from VCU. He can dish the hell out of the ball. He reminds me of JJ Barea.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 04:03 PM   #39
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
Somebody needs to draft that Rodriguez kid from VCU. He can dish the hell out of the ball. He reminds me of JJ Barea.
Dude is not a pro player Cmon now.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:03 PM   #40
jaydacris
Banned

does sullinger have a good wingspan?
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 04:04 PM   #41
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
I've not seen him play, but most people seem to be describing Big Baby

If I was a prospect, unless someone says "you're going top 3 this year, but if you stay in college you're a low teens pick" I'd absolutely stay in college this year. I'd say it's like 70% likely that theres going to be a lockout.
Big Baby could never dunk standing still like this kid.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:08 PM   #42
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
That's why he needs to shed weight and add muscle. If he does that he'll be cool.

The whole 'undersized PF' thing is becoming cliche as guys like Boozer, Milsap, Hayes, Landry, Hansbrough, etc, etc are all 6'9" and under and doing relatively well.

I'm not calling him a sure shot, he needs work, but the hands, and rebounding will translate in the NBA as well as the standing dunk ability.

I didn't say he was going to be a bad player, just not sure if he's top 5 pick worthy. Are you going to argue to me that guys like Hayes, Landry, and Hansbrough are top 5 pick worthy? Boozer and Millsap you possibly could make an argument for, but Boozer has an outside game/more athleticism than Jared and Millsap has a longer wingspan.

I AM NOT SAYING SULLINGER CANNOT MAKE IT IN THE NBA. REPEAT, I AM NOT SAYING THAT. I am only questioning his legitimacy at being a top level PF in the league given where he will go in the draft.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 04:12 PM   #43
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
I didn't say he was going to be a bad player, just not sure if he's top 5 pick worthy. Are you going to argue to me that guys like Hayes, Landry, and Hansbrough are top 5 pick worthy? Boozer and Millsap you possibly could make an argument for, but Boozer has an outside game/more athleticism than Jared and Millsap has a longer wingspan.

I AM NOT SAYING SULLINGER CANNOT MAKE IT IN THE NBA. REPEAT, I AM NOT SAYING THAT. I am only questioning his legitimacy at being a top level PF in the league given where he will go in the draft.
The lottery for me means starter or better. Top three means a potential star.

I think if he hits the weights and eats right he could be good.

Not at his current weight and build though.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:18 PM   #44
lpublic_enemyl
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixer6ad
Can't imagine we would get him anyways. The only way we would is if we would get 2 picks in Top 5 or 6. I am 100% convinced we go Kyrie Irving if he declares and if we get #1 pick.

I think Sullinger would be Top 5, but can't believe the balls would bounce our way that much.

Although I do think 2003 lottery was rigged. That good fortune simply does not find its way up here.
why did u think that it was rigged??
lpublic_enemyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 04:18 PM   #45
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

Quote:
Dude is not a pro player Cmon now.

Maybe not but I've seen bigger stiffs get drafted in the second round. Hell we drafted Pape Sy.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: