Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2487
    I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

Default Re: Lakers give Mike Beasley a workout

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    He did great with Lamar Odom.
    did you mean riley with this?

Quote Originally Posted by magic chiongson
    did you mean riley (motivating Odom) with this?
    Yes, that i hope Byron has somehow learn from Riley on how to handle questionable characters. Just like Phil before.

Default Re: NBA Trade/FA Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I brought up Beasley a long time ago in this thread. I'm all for signing him. I'm sure it would be a minimum contract or close to it so there's not much risk involved. Worst case scenario he sits the bench. Best case he's a guy that could potentially drop 20 ppg. If he played up to his potential, Randle was solid, and Kobe stayed healthy it would be a decent team to watch.
    Yes, you did a long time ago, but I would be concerned getting Beasley if the Lakers chose to hire a rookie coach. A personality like that could also be a huge distraction for a young (newly reconstructed not average age of players) team. That is why I preferred a more stable guy like Danny Granger

Yes, that i hope Byron has somehow learn from Riley on how to handle questionable characters. Just like Phil before.
    These types of traits are hard to find in coaches. Not even Poppovich is especially known for that. a lot of coaches put an emphasis on integrity, some put it on respect for others. Others just show up for the X's and O's. The rest, which may leave about one or two per era, have abilities to connect with all players.

I like Scott because he's young enough to be cool, but he also demands professionalism from each and every player.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Yes, you did a long time ago, but I would be concerned getting Beasley if the Lakers chose to hire a rookie coach. A personality like that could also be a huge distraction for a young (newly reconstructed not average age of players) team. That is why I preferred a more stable guy like Danny Granger
    beasley has the chance to be next nick young. low risk with min but high reward.

granger is who he is right now in his career. pure trash. u pay vet and get trash

Byron Scott is expected to keep Mark Madsen on the team and add an assistant coach, Eyen, to the staff.

Reported on nba.com

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    Byron Scott is expected to keep Mark Madsen on the team and add an assistant coach, Eyen, to the staff.

Reported on nba.com
    Eyen is a smart man and a good addition to any bench

Reported on nba.com
    i just hope this is not end of it. he is suppose to have 4 guys. so Eyen + Madsen.

we have 2 from last yr: Davis + Lewis. I hope both of these go otherwise its a pretty mediocre staff

need GP to teach defense to Lin, Clarkson, X, Young, Wes, Randle

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    i just hope this is not end of it. he is suppose to have 4 guys. so Eyen + Madsen.

we have 2 from last yr: Davis + Lewis. I hope both of these go otherwise its a pretty mediocre staff

need GP to teach defense to Lin, Clarkson, X, Young, Wes, Randle
    I remember Rudy T having about 5 assistant coaches. Not sure those guys had any impact bec. it turned out to be one of the toughest times before MDA.
    This is where I strongly feel that they should'nt be cheap on cuz it doesn't count on the salary cap. Im at a loss on why didn't go after Larry Drew who was decent at Atlanta.
    I remember Gary Payton's name was creditted on how Kobe vastly improved on his individual defense, the summer of 2001. Lakers also badly need a shooting guru esp for Wesley Johnson IMO.

I rule the local playground

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/8987...-on-the-table/

The restricted free agent reportedly rejected the Suns offer of four years and $48 million.

Rant Sports notes that the most popular rumored landing spot is with the Lakers, with some indicating that the Suns want Randle and a first-round pick for Bledsoe.
    i am not sure he is worth the max he is trying to get.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mgamer20o0

Hell no not for Randle and the only pick they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgamer20o0

I am not totally sure he wants the max to be honest. I think he just wants out of phoenix personally. The easiest way to get out of a city you don't like is to demand a large secure contract. Shaq did it with Orlando before coming to sign with LA for less, Ben Wallace did it with Detroit before going to Chicago and signing the same exact contract offer that the pistons had offered him....

It could be his way to leave.

Honestly, I like Bledsoe, but I am worried about what happens to Lin's role as the point guard if Bledsoe comes through.

I sensed there was some motive to signing 3 other bigs after drafting Randle.

We'll just have to wait and see.

I am not totally sure he wants the max to be honest. I think he just wants out of phoenix personally. The easiest way to get out of a city you don't like is to demand a large secure contract. Shaq did it with Orlando before coming to sign with LA for less, Ben Wallace did it with Detroit before going to Chicago and signing the same exact contract offer that the pistons had offered him....

It could be his way to leave.

Honestly, I like Bledsoe, but I am worried about what happens to Lin's role as the point guard if Bledsoe comes through.

I sensed there was some motive to signing 3 other bigs after drafting Randle.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Bledsoe can guard SG's while kobe can play 3

I would love to have him and would do it without givingul randle/lin

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    Bledsoe can guard SG's while kobe can play 3

I would love to have him and would do it without givingul randle/lin
    Why would you want to have him at 2?

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Why would you want to have him at 2?
    I think the idea was to maximize the playing time of both Bledsoe and Lin=playing them both at the same time.
    I am Asian and one of my proudest moments was when Yao proved his doubters wrong esp Barkley. I also love the movie Linsanity...but Im not a huge fan of Jeremy. Ofcourse Im rooting for him to prove me and all his doubters wrong. I am not saying he I a bad player but I just don't think he will elevate this team that much.
    Lastly, I don't know how this rumor started about Lakers trading assets just to get Bledsoe when they had enough $ to offer him in the first place, without giving up anybody. But I don't think he is a max player, ill pay him 13.5 mil/yr but only for 2 yrs max.
    Last edited by tamaraw08; 08-26-2014 at 07:22 PM.