Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Default Why did the NBA stop putting the Larry O'Brien Trophy sticker on the court?

During the NBA Finals. I have always loved the way it looked. Reminds the players what they're fighting for essentially.

Default Re: Why did the NBA stop putting the Larry O'Brien Trophy sticker on the court?

No clue. I liked it a lot. Hopefully Silver can bring it back

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Default Re: Why did the NBA stop putting the Larry O'Brien Trophy sticker on the court?

It was too big. Looked like shit, imo. Also don't those stickers get more slippery compared to not having a giant, ugly ass, sticker?

Don't know the reason tho.

Dunking on everybody in the park

nope this was ugly as hell

wayyyyy too contemporary for me

im cool with the simple Nba finals sticker they threw on in the 90's

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

I'm reading it maybe due to players complaining about the logo obscuring the halfcourt line...but I'm not buying it.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

I liked the big model of the trophy, and the players stood on it during the lineup announcements

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

I like the 16 trophies/numbers or whatever along the announcer's table which teams cross out one after each victory. Do we still have that?