Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA Legend

Default Re: 2001 Kobe maybe most underrated season ever

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    nearly every non biased fan understood Kobe was the leagues most explosive player and possibly the best all around.

even after the WCFinals.....Both Snaq and Phil called Kobe the leagues best player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj_CuS2KCz4#t=368

Jesus Kobe Haters are a sad lot.

So if he was the league's BEST player, how come he achieved so little in the prime of his career without having the league's BEST big man?

The list of guys who at least won a series without another HOFer in their prime includes Howard, Bran, CP3, Dirk, Wade, Duncan, Durant etc...

How come Kobe could never chuck his team through to the second round without a dominant HOF big man in his prime?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    Was with you until there

Kobe, even at his height in 2006-2008, was never feared more than 2000-2002 Shaq, let alone pre-peak Kobe in 2001, 2002.

You either didn't watch much basketball back then, or are a less confrontational Kobe stan. Either way, it's revisionist history.

But yeah. 2001 Kobe, both offensively and defensively, was really ****ing good. He brought an overall impact to the game that was profound. If only he sustained that commitment to defensive superiority over his entire career....
    WTF are U smoking.....pass it over here.

Snaq was feared more then player ever ( including MJ) if he raised his hand 3 feet from the hoop....

but Kobe was dangerous everywhere!!....he could attack anywhere.

He was the one dropping into Snaq and playing elite defense ( hello record for all NBA defensive teams)

Kobe and Shaq made a deadly duo.....Kobe was feared everywhere...

"He shoots his threes, he takes it to the hole, he likes the baseline jumpers. But what he does best is he takes what’s given. It’s the sign of a very intelligent basketball player. You see him read games and see how it’s going, see where he’s needed. Sometimes he’ll just defer to everyone else for a while until he sees what’s the weakness in the other team, or what’s available to him, or how people are guarding him or how his team is playing. He factors all these things in and then comes and tries to kick your ass." - Coach Greg Popovich

Popovich, head coach of the San Antonio Spurs, coached against Kobe Bryant in the postseason five times in this decade.

National High School Star allball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    Was with you until there

Kobe, even at his height in 2006-2008, was never feared more than 2000-2002 Shaq, let alone pre-peak Kobe in 2001, 2002.

You either didn't watch much basketball back then, or are a less confrontational Kobe stan. Either way, it's revisionist history.

But yeah. 2001 Kobe, both offensively and defensively, was really ****ing good. He brought an overall impact to the game that was profound. If only he sustained that commitment to defensive superiority over his entire career....
    Dude I was a Kings fan. I remember how hard Kobe was to deal with. as far as being a stan or whatever that shit is yall use today, I hated him because my team couldn't beat him but I respected and loved his talent and game. Shaq said Kobe was the best in the world at that time. not me.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    So if he was the league's BEST player, how come he achieved so little in the prime of his career without having the league's BEST big man?

The list of guys who at least won a series without another HOFer in their prime includes Howard, Bran, CP3, Dirk, Wade, Duncan, Durant etc...

How come Kobe could never chuck his team through to the second round without a dominant HOF big man in his prime?
    Pau was never the league's best big man.. hes 0-16 without kobe in the playoffs. While Kobe couldnt win a series.. Pau couldnt win a single GAME.

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

And now we come to the part of the show where Pau Gasol is overrated to absurd lengths.

I bet you were one of the geniuses who said "Gasol > Dirk" back in those days. Then the 2011 playoffs happened. I wonder whatever happened to Pau's remains?

And some idiots here thinks that if you replace Kobe with any elite guard like Tmac, AI, Ray Allen, etc, the Lakers would still won those championships but in reality, you replace Shaq with any average center and the Lakers would still 3peat without problem.. This was already proven when Kobe had an injured no knee Bynum as his starting center and they still won back to back.. Should have been 3peat if not for this garbage center making Perkins looks like prime Shaq..

Very good NBA starter

Another thread ruined...

WTF?....2 years ( 1 year he was injured and missed what was it 7 - 10 games late in the season and LA missed the playoff's)

Kobe made those Big Men great.....look at Snaq's career without Kobe.....his post season is laughable at best.

I won't even mention Pau...he never won 1 playoff game without Kobe.

Bynum hasn't even played in the NBA without Kobe......Kobe turns water into wine...

take the wax outta yo ears and recognize game when it's in yo face.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Pau the best big man...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143
    And some idiots here thinks that if you replace Kobe with any elite guard like Tmac, AI, Ray Allen, etc, the Lakers would still won those championships but in reality, you replace Shaq with any average center and the Lakers would still 3peat without problem.. This was already proven when Kobe had an injured no knee Bynum as his starting center and they still won back to back.. Should have been 3peat if not for this garbage center making Perkins looks like prime Shaq..

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143

This....

Snaq played with Penny, Lebron , Wade ( snaq was hella skinny and in great shape), Nash and PP, Rondo, KG.....

He was nothing without Kobe doing everything and feeding the rock 3' from the hoop so he could turn and dunk...( young Snaq could get his from 5' out or putbacks)

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep
    And now we come to the part of the show where Pau Gasol is overrated to absurd lengths.

I bet you were one of the geniuses who said "Gasol > Dirk" back in those days. Then the 2011 playoffs happened. I wonder whatever happened to Pau's remains?

You don't understand, and I'm not surprised.

Pau was doing for the Lakers at that time what the Spurs big men are doing for them right now. Running them with high precision, like a well oiled machine. Look at where the Spurs are right now, without anyone on their team being a chucker like Kobe.

If you go back and watch both the ESPN and TNT crews during those final runs, every game they were saying "I don't know why the Lakers don't just throw the ball inside more, nobody can match up with their twin towers (pau and bynum) and their interior passing is great with Pau and Odom."

Kobe was trying to hog all the credit, take the iso, hog all the shots, be selfish... basically just doin Kobe. The reason they were WINNING is because of how smoothly Pau was working the offense from the paint, not to mention their bench was far better than stans like to pretend it was.

Imagine if you put Kobe on this Spurs team. Would they be "twice as good" as they are now? No, they'd probably be worse. Because he's a chucker who doens't play good basketball. You probably don't think anyone on the Spurs is any good because they aren't scoring 30 points a game. That's your understanding of basketball. Pau was playing at a higher level than anyone on the Spurs currently and it wasn't about SCORING the ball it was about team offense. He was legitimately making other guys better while Kobe was trying to show off against terrible defensive teams like the suns and jazz, then getting exposed against good ones like the Celtics.

Kobrick the most overrated player in league history

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    This....

Snaq played with Penny, Lebron , Wade ( snaq was hella skinny and in great shape), Nash and PP, Rondo, KG.....

He was nothing without Kobe doing everything and feeding the rock 3' from the hoop so he could turn and dunk...( young Snaq could get his from 5' out or putbacks)
    Are you seriously blaming him for those years?

..pst...next (fvck does that even mean? Like do you do that in real life?)

You don't understand, and I'm not surprised.

Pau was doing for the Lakers at that time what the Spurs big men are doing for them right now. Running them with high precision, like a well oiled machine. Look at where the Spurs are right now, without anyone on their team being a chucker like Kobe.

If you go back and watch both the ESPN and TNT crews during those final runs, every game they were saying "I don't know why the Lakers don't just throw the ball inside more, nobody can match up with their twin towers (pau and bynum) and their interior passing is great with Pau and Odom."

Kobe was trying to hog all the credit, take the iso, hog all the shots, be selfish... basically just doin Kobe. The reason they were WINNING is because of how smoothly Pau was working the offense from the paint, not to mention their bench was far better than stans like to pretend it was.

Imagine if you put Kobe on this Spurs team. Would they be "twice as good" as they are now? No, they'd probably be worse. Because he's a chucker who doens't play good basketball. You probably don't think anyone on the Spurs is any good because they aren't scoring 30 points a game. That's your understanding of basketball. Pau was playing at a higher level than anyone on the Spurs currently and it wasn't about SCORING the ball it was about team offense. He was legitimately making other guys better while Kobe was trying to show off against terrible defensive teams like the suns and jazz, then getting exposed against good ones like the Celtics.

Kobrick the most overrated player in league history
    I thought you said you were leaving ISH forever?

Stupid attention whore.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    I thought you said you were leaving ISH forever?

Stupid attention whore.

I'm spittin truth son, better take your claritin.