Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Default Re: Has Jordan become overrated?

the one who got swept in the finals is overrated

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    it is not like jordan made up for that rebounding number by being a great 3 point shooter.
    all he is trying to point out is that Jordan is not a God. Some players are very close to him although i consider him the GOAT. Everyone knows that kobe/lebron stans overrate them but no one is ready to accept that posters like "the man" or "dondadda" overrate jordan too.
    I'm not calling him a God but the title of the thread is "Has Jordan become overrated". I don't see how people view him as overrated, his personal and team accomplishments are incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by step_back
    I'm not calling him a God but the title of the thread is "Has Jordan become overrated". I don't see how people view him as overrated, his personal and team accomplishments are incredible.
    Because far too often, Jordan supporters try to credit Jordan with all the accomplishments his teams have made solely.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    That's not true. There is a huge difference in watching a game on YouTube, or especially watching a player's highlight video on YouTube than actually going through a season and all the pressures involved, not knowing the outcome. It's the reason why I don't judge players that came before my time.

If you're thinking that you know anything about a player just because you watched their highlight videos, which pretty much makes all superstars look equal, or because you watched some random game on YouTube, in a casual manner, with none of the emotions and drama of the unknown, then I wouldn't trust your opinion about anything.

Yes, a reasonable person following the NBA in the 80s, watching Jordan and actually being familiar with the teams and competition, and the daily games, season after season if going to know a lot more about him than you watching YouTube videos.

I mean it's the most ridiculous thing I've read in this thread.

Not only that, but the decades of watching basketball will just expose a person to so many more situations. That alone is so much more than a kid who's been watching for 5 years and acts as if the latest game winner is one the greatest moments in the NBA because it's so fresh and new to them.
    Exactly. This is precisely why he is overrated. These guys the topic refer to have at best youtube knowledge of those who came before Mj. How can anyone be so certain that it's "Mj and it's not even close"?

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    Exactly. This is precisely why he is overrated. These guys the topic refer to have at best youtube knowledge of those who came before Mj. How can anyone be so certain that it's "Mj and it's not even close"?

how old are you kid? how can it be close if MJ didnt lose in the finals and your boy lost how many times already? I dont care if he did take the cavs to the finals with scrubs allen iverson did that too and he won 2 games... but your boy got swept... guess what the same guy who is way past his prime ...

michael jordan also elevated his game when it counts the most .. just because lebron's shooting FG is ridiculous means he is doing a great job. when you all claim he makes his team better how come he had better assists numbers when he was in cleveland because dwade and bosh allen and chalmers are scrubs?

in all honesty people say that jordan had rodman and cartwright ...

please tell me if a rodman led team can get to the playoffs with what bosh had when he was with the raptors...

and people here actually put dwade over pippen...

Quote Originally Posted by veilside23
    how old are you kid? how can it be close if MJ didnt lose in the finals and your boy lost how many times already? I dont care if he did take the cavs to the finals with scrubs allen iverson did that too and he won 2 games... but your boy got swept... guess what the same guy who is way past his prime ...

michael jordan also elevated his game when it counts the most .. just because lebron's shooting FG is ridiculous means he is doing a great job. when you all claim he makes his team better how come he had better assists numbers when he was in cleveland because dwade and bosh allen and chalmers are scrubs?

in all honesty people say that jordan had rodman and cartwright ...

please tell me if a rodman led team can get to the playoffs with what bosh had when he was with the raptors...

and people here actually put dwade over pippen...
    Assumptions assumptions all around. Slow your roll man, take that bass out your voice. Nowhere near a kid just using common sense. I grew up watching Mj, HE is my boy. I'm not so blinded by nostalgia to say he's untouchable because it's idiotic.

Assumptions assumptions all around. Slow your roll man, take that bass out your voice. Nowhere near a kid just using common sense. I grew up watching Mj, HE is my boy. I'm not so blinded by nostalgia to say he's untouchable because it's idiotic.

am not even shouting ... Goat is goat... he can be the basis of comparison but to say someone is actually better that's idiotic .. have at least a valid reason aside from Fg%

Quote Originally Posted by veilside23
    am not even shouting ... Goat is goat... he can be the basis of comparison but to say someone is actually better that's idiotic .. have at least a valid reason aside from Fg%
    I haven't typed the word lebron once, Mj is my goat if you must know. You reek of insecurity, if your going to speak with me address my point or keep it moving buddy. I'm not debating goat in this thread. I'm on the topic, you need to get there. I'll wait.....

I haven't typed the word lebron once, Mj is my goat if you must know. You reek of insecurity, if your going to speak with me address my point or keep it moving buddy. I'm not debating goat in this thread. I'm on the topic, you need to get there. I'll wait.....

ok fine MJ is not overrated... happy now ?