Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star Dr Seuss's Avatar

Default Rumor: Embiids physical w/ Cavs did not go well. Team potentially passing on him?

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...medium=twitter

ESPN Cleveland ‏@ESPNCleveland

.@TheRealTRizzo: Sources tell me Joel Embiid's physical w/ the #Cavs did not go well. Enough red flags that they won't take him #1 overall.
    dont know how reliable this source may or may not be. but this is extremely interesting, nonetheless.

Default Re: Rumor: Embiids physical w/ Cavs did not go well. Team potentially passing on him?

F[COLOR="Black"]uc[/COLOR]k, that probably means we pass on him as well. He's definitely going to be evaluated by us, but if there was anything serious, it's almost assuredly gonna show up when we look at him.

He seriously might drop to Orlando. Philly would probably take Exum, assuming Wiggins/Jabari are split between Cle/Mil.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Default Re: Rumor: Embiids physical w/ Cavs did not go well. Team potentially passing on him?

If he drops to Boston

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

That could be huge. No reason for the Cavs to play mindtricks with the 1st overall pick.

I mean kind of a dick move, they could have just passed on him & not ruin his draft stock. If he didn't go 1st people would have already been like maybe his health is a bigger risk than we thought. If it was there camp that released that anyway. Is he doing medicals with the every team in the top 3? I thought he declined and agreed for Cleveland? Or am I off.

If true that's a game changer.

I'd like to hear more first. IDK about that source...

good. enough with picking tall duds just cause. knew this dude was shit when he ****ed up his back an didnt wana work out

future 2ppg 3rpg journey man. will be ijured for 85% of his career

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Chris Sheridan with a contradicting report today

https://twitter.com/sheridanhoops/st...29003117780992

Chris SheridanVerified account ‏@sheridanhoops

Joel Embiid's back checked out just fine when #Cavs looked closely. He is No. 1 in latest Mock Draft, just published: http://www.
    however, im taking both reports with a grain of salt. this can drastically change the draft, though, which will drown us with even more wild mock drafts.
    Last edited by Levity; 06-13-2014 at 05:06 PM.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Tony Rizzo is not a valid source for information. Everything else that has been reported contradicts this, including by people who are known to have sources within the franchise.

It has already been discussed at length in the other Cavs/Embiid thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    That could be huge. No reason for the Cavs to play mindtricks with the 1st overall pick.

I mean kind of a dick move, they could have just passed on him & not ruin his draft stock. If he didn't go 1st people would have already been like maybe his health is a bigger risk than we thought. If it was there camp that released that anyway. Is he doing medicals with the every team in the top 3? I thought he declined and agreed for Cleveland? Or am I off.

If true that's a game changer.
    It's not true.

Sam Amico and Chris Sheridan say other wise anyways:
    https://twitter.com/SamAmicoFSO/stat...25160094752768

sounds like bullshit to me.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Sam Amico and Chris Sheridan say other wise anyways:
    https://twitter.com/SamAmicoFSO/stat...25160094752768

sounds like bullshit to me.
    I don't know if Sheridan has solid sources, but Amico is now in the know.

Yes, it's bullsh!t. What you have here is a Cleveland radio guy trying to stir the pot. He's just a loudmouth idiot, tbh.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

It's not true.
    Guess the dude was just trying to grab some headlines. Stupid way to do it, shoulda known people were going to be quick to respond. Was there anybody else pushing this or just one guy?

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Guess the dude was just trying to grab some headlines. Stupid way to do it, shoulda known people were going to be quick to respond. Was there anybody else pushing this or just one guy?
    Message being perpetuated by Cleveland's Oligarchs.

Need a smokescreen so they can get the guy they want at number 1

Glad rumours are wrong.

Its because the Cavs will take Zach Bustvine and trade Kyrie for Love.