Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Anthony Davis has some of the smallest hands ever measured... next Kwame Brown?

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-...rce=All&sort=9

9" long (normal) but only 8.5" wide (very narrow). Combined this is well below avg for a bigman, his hands are smaller than most point guards hands.
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 06-12-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Default Re: Anthony Davis has some of the smallest hands ever measured... next Kwame Brown?

Do the measurements go from tip of thumb to tip of pinky while the hand is spread?

Default Re: Anthony Davis has some of the smallest hands ever measured... next Kwame Brown?

Quote Originally Posted by K.Koscik
    Do the measurements go from tip of thumb to tip of pinky while the hand is spread?
    For hand width yah, they should change it to hand spread so as not to confuse but yes its thumb to pinky for width - and for length it is break of the wrist to the tip of the middle finger

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Kemp supposedly had small hands yet was still an effective player. The downfall of Kwame Brown was all about his weak mentality. If Davis has an aggressive mindset he can overcome that kind of minor detail.

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-...rce=All&sort=9

9" long (normal) but only 8" wide (very narrow). Combined this is well below avg for a bigman, his hands are smaller than most point guards hands.
    It's kinda cool to know that your hands are bigger than those of an elite NBA prospect.

Still, hand size isn't going to make or break a player's success in the NBA. As RMWG said, it's all about mentality. Davis has got good height and good athleticism. Small hands are something that can be easily overcome.

Rondo is thriving thanks to his hands though.

Davis hands only are 0.5 inches wider than mine if I measured mine correctly.

(His are 8.5inches by the way)
    Last edited by Punpun; 06-12-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Wow! I just measured my hands and they are 9 inches long and 9 inches wide. That's not very good for Davis considering I'm 6'1" and played guard in high school

Entity of Existence Living Being's Avatar

This must be part of his deformity.

I've never heard of a hand length being longer than hand spread.

I'm 5'11", have a hand length of 8" and a hand spread of 9". I don't consider my hands to be wide at all.

His hands don't seem THAT narrow.

Maybe your info is wrong?

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punpun
    Rondo is thriving thanks to his hands though.
    at you for thinking that Rondo's hand size is the reason for his success.

Quote Originally Posted by Living Being
    This must be part of his deformity.

I've never heard of a hand length being longer than hand spread.

I'm 5'11", have a hand length of 8" and a hand spread of 9". I don't consider my hands to be wide at all.

His hands don't seem THAT narrow.

Maybe your info is wrong?

looks like he has a tiny thumb and small fingers too me

Local High School Star franchise#3's Avatar

Kwame was mentally abused by MJ

Entity of Existence Living Being's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW

looks like he has a tiny thumb and small fingers too me
    Maybe it has to do with the palm length/finger length ratio. His palms are a big part of his hand length, so I guess that makes his spread much smaller.

Ya. It's small fingers. And you skewed his numbers by averaging them to the low (?).

Magic Johnson

That guy could have tentacles sprouting out of his ass and no one would notice because of that creepy shit on his face.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen
    at you for thinking that Rondo's hand size is the reason for his success.
    Obviously. Are you stupid or what ? The length of his arms and the size of his hands, mostly the size of the hands, are the main reason he is so good at rebounding.