Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Default Re: Why isn't Paul George > Tracy Mcgrady yet according to some posters?

Quote Originally Posted by wakencdukest
    George has more heart than Mcgrady, but that's about it.
    There were definitely moments when he threw in the towel, but I think T-Mac's heart is one of his most underrated qualities. The problem was he turned switch OFF too often.

But, when it was ON you get 13 in 35, the numerous playoff game explosions and him breaking down in tears on the bench and in a post-game press conference.

George's heart may beat McGrady's in terms of consistent reliability but not singular intensity.

Banned

Default Re: Why isn't Paul George > Tracy Mcgrady yet according to some posters?

LeBron only passed T-Mac a year or two ago. PGeorge might end up better, but Prime T-Mac>>>>>>>>>>Current Paul George.

+OP is a fakkit.

Tracy McGrady is 1 win away from the NBA finals

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
    LeBron only passed T-Mac a year or two ago. PGeorge might end up better, but Prime T-Mac>>>>>>>>>>Current Paul George.

+OP is a fakkit.
    LeBron passed T-Mac in 2008.

His 2nd 1st Team All-NBA, 1st Team All-Defensive, 1 scoring title, and high statistical production with 46 playoff games under his belt (27.5 PPG on 43.4 FG%, 8.0 RPG and 7.3 APG)

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    George is slightly overrated right now.

Prime TMac is an all-time great. Bump this thread when Goerge can touch these playoff averages.

PPG/RPG/APG
    33.8/6.5/8.3
    30.8/6.3/5.5
    31.7/6.7/4.7
    30.7/7.4/6.7
    25.3/5.9/7.3
    27.0/8.2/6.8
    Would you want a player to score 30 ++ points but lose or score 17 ++ points, play hard on defense and go deep in the playoffs?

Compare this to Mcgrady who never got pass the first round?

Also Paul George is still young, He could easily avg 20++ points in his prime with his superb defense something Mcgrady doesn't have.

didn't you see the dunk on Birdman? That was mcgrady-esque. Like Mcgrady's dunk on bradley

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Noob Saibot
    maybe because George is playing for a quality team, while TMac played with much less talent. even in Houston, TMac only had what, Yao Ming, old Dikembe Mutombo? George is not Orlando McGrady, but I can tell he's more than willing to share the limelight with his teammates.
    LMAO. i dont understand ISHers . Iverson also averaged those Mcgrady-like numbers and actually lead a team of scrubs to the NBA finals vs Prime Shaq and Kobe but his heavily criticized as a bad player.

vs Mcgrady who had never got pass the first round (On his own) and is treated like a god (Someone said he was better than Kobe)

Learning to shoot layups

Prime tmac would be the second best player in the L. Only durant would be close/arguable. I think that would be enough to make the pacers favored over the heat. Would be awesome to see bron/tmac go head to head. Bron would have the edge in consistency, but tmac's hot streaks were incredible.

i'm not really the biggest Tmac fan but i can see this Pacers team winning the championship with 2003 Tmac playing Paul George's role if Wade continues to stuggle with his knee.

It didn't help that when McGrady had his best team, he was in a ridiculously tough Western Conference, and the Rockets team matched up very badly with the Jazz. In fact, that Jazz team with Deron, Boozer, Okur, AK47 (back when those two were pretty good) and Sloan probably would've nabbed the 2nd seed in the Eastern Conference today. Oh and Yao couldn't guard Okur or Boozer to save his life, so that ruined it pretty well too.

Quote Originally Posted by tgan3
    LMAO. i dont understand ISHers . Iverson also averaged those Mcgrady-like numbers and actually lead a team of scrubs to the NBA finals vs Prime Shaq and Kobe but his heavily criticized as a bad player.

vs Mcgrady who had never got pass the first round (On his own) and is treated like a god (Someone said he was better than Kobe)
    Why do you think Iverson was able to make the Finals averaging those kinds of numbers? Was it he himself doing anything differently or the team around him?

One set of scrubs could be better than another. AI's scrub cast buckled down and played tough D.

Local High School Star

BSPN segment today "paul george vs Lebron"... outrageous , nba at it again trying to manufacture superstars.

NBA sixth man of the year

I hate threads like this..PG is already getting a ton of hate from many on this board and he actually hasn't done anything to deserve it other than play great defense, be a pretty good all around player and dedicate himself to getting better every year, something you cannot say for a lot of players. He has a good attitude, is a great teammate, and is good in the community. He hasn't disrespected anybody on a court and doesn't act like an asshole but because he only shot 41%, people ignore everything else he does and hate on him, thats how I see it. But he's nowhere near T-Mac at this point so this thread will just cause him to receive more hate...

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
    LeBron only passed T-Mac a year or two ago.
    LeBron is a wet pusse, but are you serious? Guy is mentally a beast in comparison to McGrady.

LeBron firmly surpassed McGrady by his 4th season in the league, 2008. By 2009 regular season it's literally no contest.

This is well before the multiple MVPs, Conference Finals, or even cowardly tag-team w/ Wade Championships.

C'mon Dirty Harry. Use your brains.

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    I hate threads like this..PG is already getting a ton of hate from many on this board and he actually hasn't done anything to deserve it other than play great defense, be a pretty good all around player and dedicate himself to getting better every year, something you cannot say for a lot of players. He has a good attitude, is a great teammate, and is good in the community. He hasn't disrespected anybody on a court and doesn't act like an asshole but because he only shot 41%, people ignore everything else he does and hate on him, thats how I see it. But he's nowhere near T-Mac at this point so this thread will just cause him to receive more hate...
    Hey remember last season when I said he wasn't getting too much hate and that you and I are just more sensitive to it? I take it all back and you were 100% correct my man. Good lord you were right.

College superstar

Tracy McGrady led the NBA in PER.

Paul George 3rd on his team in his best ever season.

GTFO. NOW.

TMac should have been teamed up with one of the best 10 players in the NBA. The only problem was that Grant Hill's injuries decimated the team. You just can't remove a max player from a team and expect them to go deep into the playoffs.