Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Sunshine State

Default Re: Tipping in America (Restaurants, Taxi, Bars, etc) - For or Against?

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    i'm full of criticisms, not solutions
    At least you're honest

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    I'm surprised your barber still cuts your hair. 2$ tip is brutal.
    Really? I've been doing it like forever. Cut's $13 and I usually give $15.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

The only barber I never tipped in my life was at the old barbershop I used to go to. Guy didn't do a great job and it was a busy day so he kind of rushed it. The place has been hiking up the prices of their haircuts nearly every year while I was in college. This made no sense to me since they were a hotspot for haircut for the decade or so of me going there and was often jampacked early afternoon on Saturdays alone. They used to be very high quality but the barbers aren't that friendly and some of them aren't too qualified (people try to ignore them if they can). Got so fed up the place and paid $17 with no tip. I think I went back there once that day cause I felt guilty and gave the guy and gave him a $2 or $3 tip (like 5 minutes after I left).