Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: i'l admit it right now. if era's all counted the same way. Jordans 4th all time

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend
    Agree with OP. Great thread.
    They all have great cases for GOAT, but the media only promotes Jordan because he brings more money.
    People who know the game and have watched the game for over 20 years don't need the media to tell them how great Jordan was.

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: i'l admit it right now. if era's all counted the same way. Jordans 4th all time

Kobe stans still salty their boy won't be able to crack the top 5 I see

Enjoy the season, it's gonna be fugly and humbling for you guys.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Last edited by 3ball; 07-28-2014 at 03:37 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    People assume "Magic" was "Magic" from out the gate. If the implication is KAJ had a better team than MJ or Russell, compared to the other teams in the league at the time, that probably is not true.
    Lol dude. Magic was essentially Magic right out the gate.

Game 6 Finals.

>HIS ROOKIE YEAR.
    >Kareem out with an injury.
    >Magic starts at center.
    >Plays ALL positions throughout the game.
    >WINS.

42 points, 15 rebounds, 7 assists

He's one of the only NBA people who entered the league essentially complete, alongside Larry Bird.

Yeah, people unfairly diminish Kareem due to Magic. People assume "Magic" was "Magic" from out the gate. If the implication is KAJ had a better team than MJ or Russell, compared to the other teams in the league at the time, that probably is not true.
    Nothing wrong with needing Magic. Magic needed him, Bird needed McHale/Parish, Jordan needed Pippen, Bill needed Cousy.

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

Yeah. That is what has led to some of the backlash against MJ. He is presented as >>>>>KAJ, Russell, Wilt when all of them have equally legitimate cases for GOAT. They would be viewed as one tier but MJ is presented as being in a tier by himself.

KAJ's resume in most sports would have him as the GOAT. Basketball fans don't seem to value longevity much, though.
    Yes all those guys you named have a case(KAJ only imo)....but when u start taking everything into account Jordan seperated himself.....its comical, really it is. According to you and others on here, 95% of the basketball world is wrong.....that many mfers saw it but are just sheep and dont know anything...even guys like Cousy, Magic and West. Yet you and the other 20 trolls on here, have cracked the conspiracy and are right. Congrats.

Jordan 4th best...lmao this coming from a Kobe dickrider

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

He was always great. What I meant was he was not a MVP-caliber out the gate. He put up 18/7/7 as a rookie. Excellent numbers but not the huge numbers he would put up later in his career. KAJ clearly was the best player on the 1980 team--it was KAJ who was league MVP.

Nothing wrong with needing Magic. Magic needed him, Bird needed McHale/Parish, Jordan needed Pippen, Bill needed Cousy.
    Exactly. KAJ is singled out in this regard. Yeah, his teams were stacked in the 80's but it also was the golden decade in terms of stacked teams. You had several great teams in the Lakers, Celtics, Sixers and Pistons as well as several more good teams like Dallas and Milwaukee.

He was always great. What I meant was he was not a MVP-caliber out the gate. He put up 18/7/7 as a rookie. Excellent numbers but not the huge numbers he would put up later in his career. KAJ clearly was the best player on the 1980 team--it was KAJ who was league MVP.

Exactly. KAJ is singled out in this regard. Yeah, his teams were stacked in the 80's but it also was the golden decade in terms of stacked teams. You had several great teams in the Lakers, Celtics, Sixers and Pistons as well as several more good teams like Dallas and Milwaukee.
    Hold on! Yesterday u posted Pips lesser stats and acted like they were all star worthy...oh wait it was because it fit ur diminish Jordan agenda......Magic now not huge because KAJ needs to ne proped up. KAJ was the clearly the best player The irony when Jordan was it didnt matter it was because of Pippen success happened. I am keeping this shit right here.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

As I have said many times--and as is widely acknowledged--Magic was the key in taking the Lakers to the next level (from a good team to a great team)--but he was not the best player on the team initially. These two things are not contradictory. Gasol joining the Lakers in 08' is another example of a player being the piece that took a team to the next level despite not being the team's best player.
    Last edited by Roundball_Rock; 07-28-2014 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by played0ut

Game 6 Finals.

>HIS ROOKIE YEAR.
    >Kareem out with an injury.
    >Magic starts at center.
    >Plays ALL positions throughout the game.
    >WINS.

42 points, 15 rebounds, 7 assists

He's one of the only NBA people who entered the league essentially complete, alongside Larry Bird.

Yeah its mind boggling Jordan played with a top 25 player all time to win chips and he is overrated.

KAJ played with a top 5 and in some cases a top 10 player all time to win chips but that was less help than Jordan.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    lets take it one step further.

now imagine jordans career totals came in the 60's or 70s
    It doesn't work like that, dipshit. Jordan would have had several prime seasons of like 42-46 pts/9+ reb/7+ ast if he played in the 60's.