Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default What can we expect out of Goran Dragic in 2014-2015?

He's my favorite player in the NBA right now.

Incredible athleticism, quick, sneaky, great shooter, excellent man defender---how can he make a deep postseason run in this upcoming season?

Default Re: What can we expect out of Goran Dragic in 2014-2015?

Goran Dragic may not be the quickest or most athletic point guard, but he knows how to get the job done when he's steps foot on the court. I love how he finds a way to get the basket. He just slithers through the defense like a mouse trying to get away from a bunch of mouse traps to get to the block of cheese. The dude gets to the rim and always finds a way to score the basketball. He's just plays fancy basketball. And his shot is just so smooth. His step back jumpers are great.

Last season was obviously his best year in the NBA as he put up 20/6/3 on 50% shooting (Wow). I think next season you'll be seeing a slightly better Goran Dragic. I see him putting up 22/7 and I believe the Suns will finally make the Playoffs with him leading the way.

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

Like every other point guard, he need a big man. He's shown that he can pass, but he never really had a reliable option to pass it to. Last season his no.1 option was Gerald Green. The Suns have shooters, but lack that one big who can finish plays. Plumlee is ok, but not enough. Suns need to go after one this or next off season, someone of Monroe caliber. Dragic is an excellent point guard, he have a pretty good running mate in the backcourt, but he needs more weapons to operate at an even higher level

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Goran Dragic may not be the quickest or most athletic point guard, but he knows how to get the job done when he's steps foot on the court. I love how he finds a way to get the basket. He just slithers through the defense like a mouse trying to get away from a bunch of mouse traps to get to the block of cheese. The dude gets to the rim and always finds a way to score the basketball. He's just plays fancy basketball. And his shot is just so smooth. His step back jumpers are great.

Last season was obviously his best year in the NBA as he put up 20/6/3 on 50% shooting (Wow). I think next season you'll be seeing a slightly better Goran Dragic. I see him putting up 22/7 and I believe the Suns will finally make the Playoffs with him leading the way.
    Whats with the racist stereotyping?

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    Whats with the racist stereotyping?
    How the hell am I being racist?

I said he's not the quickest or most athletic. Which is true because that's Russell Westbrook. Goran is pretty quick and athletic though, so don't take it the wrong way.

Banned

How the hell am I being racist?

I said he's not the quickest or most athletic. Which is true because that's Russell Westbrook. Goran is pretty quick and athletic though, so don't take it the wrong way.
    Just seems like you were making it it out like he relies on old man moves and skill more than raw athleticism in addition to skill...a stereotype for white ballers.

Just seems like you were making it it out like he relies on old man moves and skill more than raw athleticism in addition to skill...a stereotype for white ballers.
    No im saying he's crafty....

Jesus Christ bro

Banned

No im saying he's crafty....

Jesus Christ bro
    All right man, cool.

Do you think Phoenix will be able to sneak up on teams this season like they did in 2013-2014 or is this book out on them at this point?

All right man, cool.

Do you think Phoenix will be able to sneak up on teams this season like they did in 2013-2014 or is this book out on them at this point?
    No I think they'll make the playoffs next year as a 7th or 8th seed.

if by incredible athleticism you mean average point guard athleticism then i agree

Dude plays his heart out and is as fearless and competitive as they come.
    You can't teach that.

He'll get the job done, the question is, how will the other dudes execute around him.

When some other guy on our team went off (Bledsoe, Frye, Green, Markieff, Plums etc...) Goran was there as well and teams just fell apart on D as they couldn't stop that aggressive relentless offense.

See our wins against the Pacers, Spurs, Thunder as an example...
    They couldn't do shit.

The Suns just made young player mistakes in that final stretch and fell short.
    The Bledsoe injury didn't help either, especially defensively.

NBA rookie of the year

I noticed Dragic is scary good at finishing at the rim. Anytime he was on a fastbreak, it was impossible to stop him without giving up an and-1.
    Last edited by JohnMax; 06-29-2014 at 04:18 AM.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by livingby3's
    Like every other point guard, he need a big man. He's shown that he can pass, but he never really had a reliable option to pass it to. Last season his no.1 option was Gerald Green. The Suns have shooters, but lack that one big who can finish plays. Plumlee is ok, but not enough. Suns need to go after one this or next off season, someone of Monroe caliber. Dragic is an excellent point guard, he have a pretty good running mate in the backcourt, but he needs more weapons to operate at an even higher level
    I think it was Frye.. their pick and roll numbers were pretty crazy high. Gerald played well too but I think he either iso'd or was in a catch and shoot situation. Dragic and Frye were the first weapon of choice to create havoc on the defenses.

The thing that pissed me off last year was in the beginning of the season Bledsoe got all the credit even though Dragic was playing equally as amazing. I fully believe if the roles were reversed and dragic went down instead of bledsoe and bledsoe went on to do the same exact thing as dragic he would get voted into the all star game. For some reason he had the media hype. I think thats changed now after Dragic went nuts last year but as always the media and coaches are one year too late when it comes to all star voting. If Bledsoe stays healthy I don't think Dragic will put up the same numbers.
    Last edited by blackification; 06-29-2014 at 09:08 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blackification
    I think it was Frye.. their pick and roll numbers were pretty crazy high. Gerald played well too but I think he either iso'd or was in a catch and shoot situation. Dragic and Frye were the first weapon of choice to create havoc on the defenses.

The thing that pissed me off last year was in the beginning of the season Bledsoe got all the credit even though Dragic was playing equally as amazing. I fully believe if the roles were reversed and dragic went down instead of bledsoe and bledsoe went on to do the same exact thing as dragic he would get voted into the all star game. For some reason he had the media hype. I think thats changed now after Dragic went nuts last year but as always the media and coaches are one year too late when it comes to all star voting. If Bledsoe stays healthy I don't think Dragic will put up the same numbers.
    Bledsoe got hyped for being American/Black i think...it was clear that he wasn't as productive without Dragic on the floor whereas Dragic's production was consistent throughout.

NBA All-star

I would have thought you guys were talking about Ricky Rubio and how he had developed if I didn't know any better.