Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Why in the world did Bron win the ROY award over Melo?

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    What exactly did I say that was wrong? There is nothing here that suggests LeBron should have won it, end of story.
    Look at the rosters each player had to work with. That Denver team was actually pretty decent. Andre Miller, Birdman, Jon Barry, Marcus Camby, NeNe....

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    Bron was just a kid, while Melo was a fully developed man. When taken into context what Lebron did was more impressive.
    Melo spent one year in college. He's barely older than Bron (Melo born in May 1984, Bron born in December 1984).

GTFO with that, my dude.

Decent playground baller crawdaddy4ou's Avatar

Bran is an Espn manufactured superstar. Nothing else. Anyone that has watched ball the last twenty years knows it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    Because it's rookie of the year, not the best player only. To many voters, they're judging not only based on pure performance, but impressiveness. It's more impressive if you're playing just as well as the other guy, but you;re doing it straight out of high school while the other guy is coming off a championship season at the collegiate level.

The last few high school players were Amar'e, Kwame Brown, Jonathan Bender, as well as Kobe/Garnett/Tmac. The expectation for a good high school player in the NBA was like 8-10 ppg. The fact that LeBron doubled that was ridiculous for the time, and in the meantime Melo didn't do anything dramatic enough to separate himself from James.
    Sure if you are looking at it from that perspective then you could make a case, don't get me wrong, LeBron has turned out the much better player, but in terms of ROY we just look at that year alone and their production for that year. See my point?

I guess we are looking at it from two different perspectives, but I don't think where they come from should matter.

Sure if you are looking at it from that perspective then you could make a case, don't get me wrong, LeBron has turned out the much better player, but in terms of ROY we just look at that year alone and their production for that year. See my point?

I guess we are looking at it from two different perspectives, but I don't think where they come from should matter.
    Here, lemme pull your hypocrite card really quick.

You keep going on about strictly production. Ok. Tell me this. Who should have won the MVP in 2011?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Here, lemme pull your hypocrite card really quick.

You keep going on about strictly production. Ok. Tell me this. Who should have won the MVP in 2011?
    LeBron James, I don't get how that makes me a hypocrite?

Except their production for that year was identical if not slightly advantaged towards LeBron. You're talking as if Melo clearly out produced him when he actually didn't. LeBron had the slight advantage in stats, the bigger advantage in importance to team and versatility, and the disadvantage of not making the playoffs (albeit with a worse and more dysfunctional cast). Even assuming both came out of the exact same scenario it's pretty even.

The fact that where they were coming from was so different was what probably put LeBron over the top.

LeBron James, I don't get how that makes me a hypocrite?
    Now, you're sure that I won't find older posts of you claiming that "Rose deserved it"?

Banned

Except their production for that year was identical if not slightly advantaged towards LeBron. You're talking as if Melo clearly out produced him when he actually didn't. LeBron had the slight advantage in stats, the bigger advantage in importance to team and versatility, and the disadvantage of not making the playoffs (albeit with a worse and more dysfunctional cast). Even assuming both came out of the exact same scenario it's pretty even.

The fact that where they were coming from was so different was what probably put LeBron over the top.
    Or maybe hype played a factor? I'm just speculating there, Melo had the slight advantage in stats (more ppg, more rpg, better efficiency)

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Melo - 21, 6.1, 2.8, 42.6, 32.2, 77.7.

Bron - 20.9, 5.5, 5.9, 41.7, 29.0, 75.4.

Edge - Carmelo.

Team Comparison
    02-03 Nuggets: 17-65 (.207 W%)
    03-04 Nuggets: 43-39 (.524 W%)
    Win Difference: +26 Wins (.317 W%)

02-03 Cavaliers: 17-65 (.207 W%)
    03-04 Cavaliers: 35-47 (.427 W%)
    Win Difference: +18 Wins (.220 W%)

Edge: Carmelo.

WTF?
    I've wondered this for years.

Banned

Now, you're sure that I won't find older posts of you claiming that "Rose deserved it"?
    I don't remember saying that? I have debated with NathanJizzle before as to why Rose won it.

If I said it then I was trolling Heat fans.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Melo - 21, 6.1, 2.8, 42.6, 32.2, 77.7.

Bron - 20.9, 5.5, 5.9, 41.7, 29.0, 75.4.

Edge - Carmelo.
    Soooooooo.... This idiot is basically saying melo's extra half a rebound had greater impact than LeBron 3 extra assists?

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Soooooooo.... This idiot is basically saying melo's extra half a rebound had greater impact than LeBron 3 extra assists?
    Better shooting numbers across the board?

Or maybe hype played a factor? I'm just speculating there, Melo had the slight advantage in stats (more ppg, more rpg, better efficiency)
    Melo definitely didn't have the slight advantage in stats...Wtf dude? you're counting a 0.1 ppg difference as an advantage and ignoring a 3 apg difference? Could you be anymore biased?

Head to head the points were even, rebounds, TOs and shooting percentage were a slight advantage to Melo, assists was a significant advantage to LeBron, and steals/block were a slight advantage to LeBron.

If you consider them all together, LeBron had the slightly higher PER. Again, the stats/production are very clearly even if not slightly for LeBron. I don't know why you keep repeating Melo had the advantage...

As for the hype, I never denied it played a part. I'm just not going to claim that it was the only factor like you guys seem to think so. It's not like a 16/4/4 player won it over a 20/6/6 player. This is a 21/6/6 player winning it over a 21/6/3 player.