Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: New Orleans starting to look dangerous?

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Davis has apparently grown an inch and put on about 15 pounds of muscle, he's at around 6'11" 240. He should be much stronger...he should be the one bullying people in the post now. I think he'll be fine. I don't expect Eric Gordon to be healthy, he's always been hurt one way or another. But the problems with Jrue and Ryan Anderson weren't normal for those guys. Even if Gordon is hurt, the core of Holiday-Tyreke-Davis-Asik should be healthy.
    Who you think they should be target in free agency?

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Who you think they should be target in free agency?
    I'm not fully aware of their cap situation, but I don't think they have much flexibility after this. I've actually wondered how they were able to pull in Asik in the first place. I think this is the only significant pickup they make in the offseason, anything else would probably be 8-12 spot guys that won't see the floor much.

Decent college freshman

I'm not fully aware of their cap situation, but I don't think they have much flexibility after this. I've actually wondered how they were able to pull in Asik in the first place. I think this is the only significant pickup they make in the offseason, anything else would probably be 8-12 spot guys that won't see the floor much.
    I think including all cap holds, they are still set to have ~$6M or so in cap space (maybe a couple hundred thousand dollars less). If they decline some options and don't extend QOs/renoucne rights, they bump that number up a couple million, I believe.

I think they can only do this trade by moving somebody according to their beat writer.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Injury prone, but looks good on paper.

Health is the key.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    I didn't see a single NO game last season. Was Tyreke still pulling up for side-fade-away J's for no reason? If not, then I'd love this NO team w/ Asik to make some noise.

Yeah, West is stacked, but NO had injuries last season and no Asik. If that lineup is healthy and kicking full potential, they can vie for something as high as #5 seed, imo...but could also still miss the playoffs.
    Evans actually played really well. The injuries to Gordon and Holliday helped him, he was really the only guard/wing who could score so he got to have the ball in his hands a lot. As a 3rd-4th option I don't know that he will be able to duplicate that success. Definitely needs to be brought off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Evans actually played really well. The injuries to Gordon and Holliday helped him, he was really the only guard/wing who could score so he got to have the ball in his hands a lot. As a 3rd-4th option I don't know that he will be able to duplicate that success. Definitely needs to be brought off the bench.
    False. Move Gordon to the bench (OR TO ANOTHER TEAM)

Decent playground baller Lord Bean's Avatar

They'll still suck.

Very good NBA starter

shoulda thrown in eric gordon for daniels and jones

They're still an 8th seed at best out West.