Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Default Re: John Wall's stats since March

Imagine Wall in OKC tho

Over the last 5 Wall is averaging 22/10 shooting 60%.

He was really struggling in Feb so this is a welcome sight. I think the max extension talk is a bit premature though.

John Wall is finally healthy and in a nice rhythm..... with that said if he keeps this up he not only deserves max but should be considered a top pg

With John Wall this team has been + .500

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Wall is so overrated it is sickening.

He isnt really a vertical athlete although he has blinding speed he can't jump like Shannon Brown or Derrick Rose.

He commits a lot of turnovers

His body language and attitude is questionable in my book....too much fruity boy dancing (just my opinion)

And despite the Wiz putting some good pieces around him ppl still blame his teammates for their sub par showing and not him....actually they are doing well considering so I retract that point.

Nene, Okafor, Beal, Webster, and Booker is a decent supporting cast in the East for a "superstar pg" though.

huh, GoGetter shitting on a young up and coming point guard.

didnt see that coming

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    huh, GoGetter shitting on a young up and coming point guard.

didnt see that coming
    I saw the butt hurt Stan boys that would get offended by my personal preference a mile away though.

BTW, I'm pretty high on Lillard and Irving.

Quote Originally Posted by steve
    The line-up of Nene, Okafor, Webster, Beal, and Wall is one of the most productive line-ups in the NBA season as they outscore their opponents by nearly 28 points per 100 possessions (Booker really hasn't been healthy this season). When Wall's on the floor the Wizards at nearly 7 points better on offense and nearly 4 points better on defense. The only player on the roster with better on/off numbers than that is Nene. This on top of the fact that the Wizards are 17-14 since Wall's return and he's finally playing excellent ball since getting his conditioning back up to snuff.
    Okay, but if you can't get your team into the playoffs in the East are you really doing something?

I see stats and potential but I don't see the "it" factor. The aspect of willing your team to victories that every great player has.

In other words, I wouldn't give Wall a max deal.

*for the stans: I could be wrong, Wall is definitely a player that could become great, but personally I don't think he will be as good as ppl have been saying since he was in HS.

I saw the butt hurt Stan boys that would get offended by my personal preference a mile away though.

BTW, I'm pretty high on Lillard and Irving.
    you personal preference against any pg not named derrick rose

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    you personal preference against any pg not named derrick rose
    Again, I think Lillard and Irving are great young guards who I would pick over Wall. YOU mentioned Rose in a thread I did not even plan on discussing him in.

I think the crux of the situation is that yoy don't like my criticism of your boyfriend Wall.

If you feel that my assertions are inaccurate or biased then feel free to refrain from replying to my posts or ignore me.

Good day to you sir.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease plUto or bUst's Avatar

I really like John Wall's game. He is much more impactful then someone like Irving, who puts up empty stats on a bad team.

I list Wall along with Mike Conley, George Hill, Jeremy Lin, and Ricky Rubio as really great two way point guards (plays defense and offense), that for various reasons get underrated far too often.

Quote Originally Posted by plUto or bUst
    I really like John Wall's game. He is much more impactful then someone like Irving, who puts up empty stats on a bad team.

I list Wall along with Mike Conley, George Hill, Jeremy Lin, and Ricky Rubio as really great two way point guards (plays defense and offense), that for various reasons get underrated far too often.
    Irving puts up empty stats on a bad team? That's how you differentiate him from Wall?

Idk about that one broham.

Irving, to me, has shown a far more advanced grasp of the game than Wall has.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease plUto or bUst's Avatar

Irving puts up empty stats on a bad team? That's how you differentiate him from Wall?

Idk about that one broham.

Irving, to me, has shown a far more advanced grasp of the game than Wall has.
    Wizards have been playing around .500 ball with Wall playing. They are better than their record shows.

I disagree that Irving has a far more advanced grasp of the game. Wall is a much better passer / floor general. He also has a much better grasp of defense than Irving. Irving is the better scorer... that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by plUto or bUst
    Wizards have been playing around .500 ball with Wall playing. They are better than their record shows.

I disagree that Irving has a far more advanced grasp of the game. Wall is a much better passer / floor general. He also has a much better grasp of defense than Irving. Irving is the better scorer... that's about it.
    It's pretty evident when you watch them. Irving is more calculating and methodical while Wall is most effective at break neck speeds. He often is ineffective in halfcourt settings.

We aren't talking about defense or scoring, just feel for the game, which Irving demonstrates and Wall struggles with....

When Wall gets the Wiz into the playoffs I will give him props and upgrade my assessment of him. Irving needs to make the playoffs as well before I take him seriously as one of the best at his position.

It's pretty evident when you watch them. Irving is more calculating and methodical while Wall is most effective at break neck speeds. He often is ineffective in halfcourt settings.

We aren't talking about defense or scoring, just feel for the game, which Irving demonstrates and Wall struggles with....

When Wall gets the Wiz into the playoffs I will give him props and upgrade my assessment of him. Irving needs to make the playoffs as well before I take him seriously as one of the best at his position.
    Wouldn't a "better feel for the game" equate to playing better defense or being a better passer? Really, also this is is a vague explanation for why you feel Irving is better when you don't really have anything to back it up with. It's fine if you value Irving's scoring and shooting more than you do Wall's attributes, but at least be up front about it.

And it really isn't Wall's fault the team went 5-28 before he was even able to make it on the court. Right now the Wizards are 18-14 with Wall in the line-up, extrapolate that over the 65 games the Wizards have played so far this season, and that would put them 5th in the Eastern Conference.

Okay, but if you can't get your team into the playoffs in the East are you really doing something?

I see stats and potential but I don't see the "it" factor. The aspect of willing your team to victories that every great player has.

In other words, I wouldn't give Wall a max deal.

*for the stans: I could be wrong, Wall is definitely a player that could become great, but personally I don't think he will be as good as ppl have been saying since he was in HS.

you stick rose on a team that started 5-28 without him and they aren't making the playoffs. nobody is coming back from that deficit

Wall vs Irving is such a headache to discuss because they're pretty much good for opposite reasons. Both have great handles but even in that category they use their dribble so differently

Irving
    -shooting
    -scoring
    -poise

Wall
    -Athleticism
    -court vision
    -defense

They play the same position but it's apples and oranges

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
    Imagine Wall in OKC tho
    **** that imagine Durant coming home to DC to play with Wall and Beal
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 03-17-2013 at 04:59 PM.

<3 LeBron <3 Heat <3 The Choken One's Avatar

Wall will get the max.