Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Lets be real: Only one team has the fortitude to beat the Miami Heat this year

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    It is not that they are WAY more stacked than anyone
    But they are.

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Lets be real: Only one team has the fortitude to beat the Miami Heat this year

Quote Originally Posted by unbreakable

I called it in 2011 with the Mavs and Im calling it again
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=223699

With Harden gone and the arrival of D'Antoni over Phil, barring injuries, the Spurs have this title locked.

Wouldve happened last year but Harden got in the way.

Timmy getting #5 and cementing himself top 3 with MJ and KAJ

I am not the biggest Duncan fan but no other player playing today could win like he does with so little talent around him. Not even bron..

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Yea and they'll only have to play one of all the teams you listed when Le they all have to go through each other AND the heat.
    Yeah the Eastern side of the playoffs is just gonna be a waste of time. Complete garbage.

The West, however, is up for the grabs. Every playoff team in the the west will be competitive and capable of making some noise.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    But they are.

Have you looked at the Lakers squad? They look super stacked and possibly more than Miami but they have had injuries.

National High School Star funnystuff's Avatar

With Harden gone and the arrival of D'Antoni over Phil, barring injuries, the Spurs have this title locked.

You forget that since their last chip, they have been playoff choke artists.

I rule the local playground Rondo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    As a Heat hater, I'm in the acceptance stage. Nobody is beating them. They're simply too stacked. The only way they'll lose is if Lebron chokes his ass off, and that just isn't going to happen.
    This. It's pissing me off now. I'll be stunned if they don't better the Lakers' streak.

It's not that they're too stacked. It's that they have the 2nd best player of all time (yeah, I said it!). Take him out and they're a good at best team. He demands so much attention that you need to double him and then he just passes it to wide open guys for 3. Don't double him and he's still scoring. Not to discredit the team but he's the difference maker. Without him teams like the Thunder, Spurs, Clippers would deal with them easily (if they even reached the finals which would be debatable)

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Yea and they'll only have to play one of all the teams you listed when Le they all have to go through each other AND the heat.
    Benefit of being in the east

You can laugh at me, but I still firmly believe the Knicks can and will defeat the Miami Heat.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DatAsh
    Benefit of being in the east
    Yup.. And the main reason they'll end up winning.

Say heat play Lakers(8 seed), Clippers, Spurs to make the finals in the west. I wouldn't say it was all that certain anymore.

Not to take away from Bron or wade or the heat.. They just have a stupid easy path to the finals where they'll only have one test instead of having 3 tests in the west.
    Last edited by tpols; 03-23-2013 at 12:04 AM.

Only team that can give the Heat an actual run in the Finals, and that's if absolutely everything goes right for us.

NBA Fan

Miami would run the Spurs into the ground.

I would agree

Spurs are the only team who can beat them..but even thats very unlikely.

RETIRED, ISH 2008-2013 willds09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iDunk
    You can laugh at me, but I still firmly believe the Knicks can and will defeat the Miami Heat.
    Preach to them

Very good NBA starter

Spurs are built to beat the Heat but they're also notorious chokers themselves