Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Two reasons why the series is not over because of Kyrie being out

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    Let me translate the reasons for everyone that didn't understand the OP:

1. Delusion

2. Denial

More like Laker fans bout their future

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    A byproduct of going 10 deep against a team who goes 7 deep (6 deep now). To be fair, we outrebounded them for four quarters. They got a ton of defensive rebounds in OT due to the fact that the Cavs didn't score until the last 30 seconds.

I'm not too worried about our ability to control the glass when it is our starters vs. their starters. But, their depth and our lack of depth will impact every facet of the game.
    I know, which why in my OP... the 2 counter points should be more than enough for GS. Another thing is even when they get off to bad starts they are never rattled and keep fighting back.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    The Warriors also won the rebounding battle. The most impressive stat of the night was all 10 Warriors played grabbed at least 3 rebounds.
    The Warriors second unit has sneaky length and have the which gives them the ability to rebound at every position.

Others have mentioned this, but a lot of the Warriors fast break points come from live ball turnovers and blocked shots, which I believe they led the league in this year.

it take five 2-pointers to beat three 3-pointers, so why not shoot 3's? People get so caught up in them shooting three's and forget they are the best defensive team in the league. The offense is more flashy and exciting to talk about, but their defense dictates games and is their calling card to an NBA title.

Cavs basically got shut out when the game was on the line in game one, because the Dubs CLAMPED DOWN.

as i said before, best defensive team in the league.

Lebron or not

#1 ranked defense in the NBA.

number one. best defense. defense wins championships.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWB15
    The fact that Lebron, Mozgov, and Thompson is still playing I don't know why so many think the rest of the series will be a cake walk
    There's no doubt that we still have some very good players on the court. The problem is that the Warriors are constantly rotating in and out fresh bodies and the Cavs essentially have these guys to play all 48 minutes (god forbid another OT):

LBJ
    TT
    Mozgov
    Smith
    Shumpert
    Delly
    Jones

Those are really the only guys left on the roster that have gotten any burn in this postseason. I expect that we'll see one (or both) of Miller and Marion tonight, and probably Perk at some point. But, that isn't necessarily good news.

Quote Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
    The Warriors second unit has sneaky length and have the which gives them the ability to rebound at every position.

Others have mentioned this, but a lot of the Warriors fast break points come from live ball turnovers and blocked shots, which I believe they led the league in this year.

it take five 2-pointers to beat three 3-pointers, so why not shoot 3's? People get so caught up in them shooting three's and forget they are the best defensive team in the league. The offense is more flashy and exciting to talk about, but their defense dictates games and is their calling card to an NBA title.

Cavs basically got shut out when the game was on the line in game one, because the Dubs CLAMPED DOWN.

as i said before, best defensive team in the league.

Lebron or not

#1 ranked defense in the NBA.

number one. best defense. defense wins championships.
    You know what else might have been a factor?

This...

Minutes Played:
    Tristan Thompson - 47
    LeBron James - 46
    Kyrie Irving - 44

Meanwhile, only one Warriors player went over 40 minutes. A little easier to clamp down defensively at the end of the game when you've spent 10-20+ minutes sitting on the bench.

You know what else might have been a factor?

This...

Minutes Played:
    Tristan Thompson - 47
    LeBron James - 46
    Kyrie Irving - 44

Meanwhile, only one Warriors player went over 40 minutes. A little easier to clamp down defensively at the end of the game when you've spent 10-20+ minutes sitting on the bench.
    exactly!! huge factor, the Dubs depth has played a huge factor in their success all season long.

David Lee could probably start on a number of teams in this league and he gets virtually no playing time and ironically is the highest paid player on the roster this season.

exactly!! huge factor, the Dubs depth has played a huge factor in their success all season long.

David Lee could probably start on a number of teams in this league and he gets virtually no playing time and ironically is the highest paid player on the roster this season.
    It might be the biggest factor in this series right now. The Cavs were around average when it came to depth heading into the playoffs. Not great, but not terrible. All of the injuries to key pieces has crushed any and all depth, though, and now we're essentially going to have to play 5 guys 40+ minutes to have any chance.

The Warriors have stayed remarkably healthy. Most teams at least suffer one or two and even if it hits a couple of reserves, it can have an impact on team depth. They're 100-percent healthy right now.

It's too bad things have gone the way they have, because this had the potential to be an awesome series.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlakFrankWhite
    More like Laker fans bout their future
    You are crazy if you think this series isn't over.

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot
    That's what they do well, very well, but they don't depend on them at all. They are just as good in the half court and lead the league or at least are top 3 in PIP.
    they werent even top15 in halfcourt ortg in the RS their halfcourt offense is ass b/c steph isnt great there their D bails em out alot
    Last edited by Hamtaro CP3KDKG; 06-07-2015 at 05:10 PM.

It might be the biggest factor in this series right now. The Cavs were around average when it came to depth heading into the playoffs. Not great, but not terrible. All of the injuries to key pieces has crushed any and all depth, though, and now we're essentially going to have to play 5 guys 40+ minutes to have any chance.

The Warriors have stayed remarkably healthy. Most teams at least suffer one or two and even if it hits a couple of reserves, it can have an impact on team depth. They're 100-percent healthy right now.

It's too bad, because this had the potential to be an awesome series.
    its super frustrating limping into a playoff series, which the Warriors have done the past few seasons.

But you gotta give it up to the front office and coaching staff for managing minutes so well this season and keeping everyone on point.

I believe Curry played the fewest minutes per game by any MVP winner.

Its a team game, and the Warriors have one helluva team.

and in all honesty, I don't care how people will look at this series or what they will say if the Warriors win, I just want to see that banner hang in Oracle. And I know Cavs fans would say the same thing if the circumstances were different.

Wow. That's called respecting your opponent, folks.

"If we happen to lose a game, it's the refs fault."

I said the series, not a game. I'm just being realistic. Cavs are playing great ball, but on paper, they are thoroughly outmatched.

The only way I see the Cavs winning this series, barring some major Warriors injury, is if the Warriors face serious foul trouble over the course of multiple games.

Agreed. People underestimate how stacked this Cavs team still is.

its super frustrating limping into a playoff series, which the Warriors have done the past few seasons.

But you gotta give it up to the front office and coaching staff for managing minutes so well this season and keeping everyone on point.

I believe Curry played the fewest minutes per game by any MVP winner.

Its a team game, and the Warriors have one helluva team.

and in all honesty, I don't care how people will look at this series or what they will say if the Warriors win, I just want to see that banner hang in Oracle. And I know Cavs fans would say the same thing if the circumstances were different.
    They've been very smart in limiting player minutes all year which undoubtedly has been a factor in keeping them so healthy.

Unfortunately, the Cavs didn't really have that option. Because we got off to such a slow start and had to completely revamp the lineup mid-season, we had to scrap for a decent playoff seed right up to the last handful of games in the season.

Kyrie Irving was 4th in the league in minutes played per game and LeBron was 7th. Curry was the highest ranked Warrior in minutes played and he was 48th. That is an incredible contrast and it helps illustrate how we got to this point.

People might blame Cavs coaching for over-playing guys, but they actually had to play all those minutes to climb up to the 2nd seed.

I've said from the very start that the issues happening with the Cavs are not the fault of the Warriors. They're playing the hand being dealt to them and playing it well. And, I also wouldn't care in terms of celebrating the championship.

But, I also can't help but to think about what this series could have looked like if we had Kyrie, Love and Varejao.

Maybe next year.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I said the series, not a game. I'm just being realistic. Cavs are playing great ball, but on paper, they are thoroughly outmatched.

The only way I see the Cavs winning this series, barring some major Warriors injury, is if the Warriors face serious foul trouble over the course of multiple games.
    Saying that foul problems is a factor is a little different from saying that officiating bias will be the only route the Cavs have of winning.

We are now outmatched on paper, no doubt. But, we still have the guy I believe is the best player in the world and he still has some nice pieces around him. Would it take some herculean effort the likes of which we haven't seen in the last decade? More than likely, yes. Is it impossible without biased officials? No.

A lot would have to go right for the Cavs and a lot would have to go wrong for the Warriors... but that's why we play the games.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by G0ATbe
    Agreed. People underestimate how stacked this Cavs team still is.

That was evident when they made the Finals without Kyrie