Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Reggie Miller VS Ray Allen

I dont understand why people are laughing at me. Allen is one of the clutchest players in NBA History. When it comes to last shots, he's just as scary as anyone who has ever played.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos
    I dont understand why people are laughing at me. Allen is one of the clutchest players in NBA History. When it comes to last shots, he's just as scary as anyone who has ever played.
    Ray Allen is clutch but Reggie is almost on Jordan/Bird level of clutchness...he's like right below them...Is Ray on that level of clutchness?

5-time NBA All-Star

Reggie had a team greatly constructed around getting him off. There is nobody in the history of the game, that has had more screens set for him than Reggie. Given that advantage, I think its too hard to clearly say who is better. I would definitely say if a team used as much resources in getting Ray Allen off as the Pacers did for Reggie Miller it wouldn't be close.

Reggie was among the best clutch shooters ever. Ray Allen was very clutch and given his blazen close out game in the finals has a spot among the elite. Reggie wins here because of his uncanny ability to make it happen all the time.

Defense wise... Ray Allen in '08 is among the best defensive efforts ever by a shooting guard in the finals. Some of it was that he had KG behind him, but Reggie Miller played on a team that was consistently great in frontcourt help defense. Ray Allen has to be given the defensive edge.

To me Reggie held down a greater team offensive responsiblity to score as the primary option. The only argument to be made here would be that Pacers would frequently use all of their players to help get Reggie off or one could argue that the team truely eased the burden. Neither should have been primary options but pure shooters can and should be the key cog in secondary options and opening up the floor.

Creativity belongs to Ray Allen. He is the greater penetrator and could create his own shot. I remember when Bowen went on a two year humiliation tour of wing players. Ray Allen was the only player to light him up - amazingly he did it without picks. It was the most amazing jump shooting performance I ever seen. By contrast, I truly believe Bowen could have totally shut Reggie Miller down if screens weren't allowed. Ray was also a much better at putting the ball on the floor.

Ray Allen has had the more impressive career but Reggie had more star moments. I think Ray Allen would also be the better player to match-up with a great front court player (say Shaq). I think Ray Allen would have been one of the greatest support players for a great deep post player ever. Conceptually, I like a Ray Allen/Shaq combo as much as I like any other offensive combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Ray Allen is clutch but Reggie is almost on Jordan/Bird level of clutchness...he's like right below them...Is Ray on that level of clutchness?
    Ray and Reggie are both on that level of clutchness. In terms of last shots, you dont want any of those 4 getting anywhere NEAR the ball.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Possibly only Kobe today is a more skilled and multi dimensional scorer.
    So Reggie Miller is arguably a more well rounded/skilled scorer than Paul Pierce, Melo, and Durant? Reggie is more skilled than Steve Nash passing aside?

That what im being told?

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    So Reggie Miller is arguably a more well rounded/skilled scorer than Paul Pierce, Melo, and Durant? Reggie is more skilled than Steve Nash passing aside?

That what im being told?
    you're too old to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Your'e funny. Pierce is way more clutch than Miller was.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Just watch Ray Ray 50pts game against the Bulls in second round 2009 .Better yet, watch the whole series he had like 10 OMG clutch shots in one series alone.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
    Just watch Ray Ray 50pts game against the Bulls in second round 2009 .Better yet, watch the whole series he had like 10 OMG clutch shots in one series alone.
    Thanks, I forgot about that.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
    Idiots are gonna laugh at you.

http://youtu.be/poVuS0PAuu8
    Last edited by RaininTwos; 05-15-2012 at 01:39 PM.

Ray Allen

easy choice

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Ray wasn't that good or capable in those two aspects of the game but he was certainly better than Reggie at it.

You clearly didn't watch Ray as a Buck or his first few years in Seattle. He was more than capable of defending. Definitely better than most gave him credit for.

Ray Allen EASY. The only people picking Reggie are those trying to hold onto their childhood and be 100% bias.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D.J.
    You clearly didn't watch Ray as a Buck or his first few years in Seattle. He was more than capable of defending. Definitely better than most gave him credit for.
    Totally, it sickens me how people underrate Ray's defense.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by D.J.
    I would call him an above average defender but not a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Well, Ray's Bucks were pretty talented from '00-'02 when they had the big 3, plus another talented scorer in Tim Thomas coming off the bench, and they added Anthony Mason in '02, while Michael Redd was also becoming a scoring threat off the bench.
    That is only 2-3 years and those teams probably still weren't as good as Reggie's Pacers. Reggie just had the flat out better team when they were in their primes and that can't be disputed.