Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Default Re: NBA 2k15: MyCareer Thread

Same here. Kept benching McDermott for Middleton and some other guy I can't remember. Also Butler (which I prefered), but they put him back on the bench. McDermott can't shoot for shit in this game. Not as your teammate.

The NBA season is too long. I hit a wall right after the allstar weekend in my second season and been messing around in MyPark lately. Had a nice 16 win streak with some guys before my ass fell asleep and I had to piss earlier today.

Think I'm going to start simming a lot of games. Already got all the major endorsements except for one and my dude is almost maxed out. Or maybe I'll start over. Tall C or midget PG. Probably the latter just to mess around with. The taller you are, the more OP you become over time.

Also switched to 77 release and I'm loving it. It's what 2k set for Iverson's jumper. Nearly identical to Rose's (which is what I was previously using) in terms of timing, except it feels maybe very slightly quicker and the animation just looks better.

This mode has a short shelf life, tho. I'd like to see them get real writers and make into some legit basketball RPG with playable storylines and impactful decisions. Outsource Bioware or Bethesda, or just don't half ass it. But I doubt that will happen. Too bad because there's so much potential here.

Banned

First game with the Thunder, we got blown out by 20 points by the Rockets. It wasn't even that we weren't scoring (I was shooting like shit because of volume shooter though), but the Rockets were literally unstoppable. They hit everything, whether it was Harden, Ariza or f*cking Isaiah Canaan.

It's also pretty annoying that I'm getting the most minutes on the team over KD and Westbrook, who only got to play 32 and 27 minutes each that game. It pissed me off, because Westbrook was beasting and KD was scoring pretty well too. I got a triple-double in my first game, but I was still expecting it to be much closer. On to the next one...

Banned

Got picked up by the Suns on my 2nd 10-day contract. We're like 17-33 but I don't care. As long as I keep getting to hear Markieff Morris' voice acting I'm good

Banned

Just picked this game up on friday. Pretty fun so far, I'm a 6'3 pg and went to the kings my first year, I could hardly understand what cousins was saying through the cut scenes tho he was so monotone and quiet. I went to the Lakers in the offseason, and now only played a few games for them. A couple questions, when can I fire my annoying ass agent, and when do I get a shoe deal?! They showed Jackson Ellis as the rep for jordan and nike during my first year, but havent heard anything else since. I am sick of wearing these dumb 2k shoes lol

Banned

In my 2nd season and signed with the Bulls. We're like 35-18 right now heading into the All-Star break. I made the All-Star team doing 18/6/5 on 45/35/83 lol. Weak era for SGs in the East.

Sunshine State

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    In my 2nd season and signed with the Bulls. We're like 35-18 right now heading into the All-Star break. I made the All-Star team doing 18/6/5 on 45/35/83 lol. Weak era for SGs in the East.
    Bulls are perfect team for an SG.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
    Bulls are perfect team for an SG.
    Yup that's why I went there. I've been using the same SG on the Bulls since 2K11. I love playing with Rose.

The only thing I don't like is the rotations. I'm playing more minutes than anyone and Jimmy Butler and Gasol don't get many minutes. McDermott is starting over Butler

Anyone get the dead eye badge yet?

Love Live Life

Been working on deadeye and posterizer for my SG. Best way to get badges is to play it on rookie/pro casual. I got like 5 badges within 3 games.

I heard in order to get deadeye you gotta make a lot of contested shots with green/perfect releases over a certain amount of games.

Anybody know the reason why I can't make jumpers in the park and rec center? My j his at 91 and I'm 91 overall with limitless range, volume shooter, and microwave. I'm using Love's release on normal.

Got inserted into the starting line up at C for the Bucks

1st game: 14 points 20 rebounds 1 block
    2nd game: 27 points 15 rebounds 3 assists 1 block
    3rd game: 22 points 25 rebounds (10 offensive) 3 assists 3 blocks

The illegal screen calls are killing me too, I get called for at least 2 a game. Omer Asik caught 4 in a game. I'm 50/50 on leaving, what would you recommend?

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    Been working on deadeye and posterizer for my SG. Best way to get badges is to play it on rookie/pro casual. I got like 5 badges within 3 games.

I heard in order to get deadeye you gotta make a lot of contested shots with green/perfect releases over a certain amount of games.

Anybody know the reason why I can't make jumpers in the park and rec center? My j his at 91 and I'm 91 overall with limitless range, volume shooter, and microwave. I'm using Love's release on normal.
    Some releases I can't miss in SP games but when I go Park I can't make shit. One I couldn't make in SP and I could make online... Took me testing out at least 10 different shots before finding one that I can make in both SP and Park. I use 70 or 71. I forget. The one PJ Hairston has as his default.

People say you have to adjust for the likely input lag. But, imo, just find the right release that you can shoot normally in a laggy game and it will still go in. Obviously takes a lot of time to find the release, tho it's worth it. I shoot the same in season games, Park, and Jordan rec regardless of lag with similar efficiency.

With the screens the guy has to be set. This game is going by the book, not how it's called irl. I set screens feet before the ball handler even makes his move. I wait for the screener to be standing still for at least half a second before I try to lure the defender into him. Pain in the ass, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    Got inserted into the starting line up at C for the Bucks

1st game: 14 points 20 rebounds 1 block
    2nd game: 27 points 15 rebounds 3 assists 1 block
    3rd game: 22 points 25 rebounds (10 offensive) 3 assists 3 blocks

The illegal screen calls are killing me too, I get called for at least 2 a game. Omer Asik caught 4 in a game. I'm 50/50 on leaving, what would you recommend?
    gotta set it before the ball handler's guy is even about to run into you. The AI for the running the pick and roll isn't too bad so you can trust the ball handler will use your screen if you set it right.

I dunno if its just me but its so easy to get rebounds in this game now. I've been averaging 15+ rebounds since I've gotten significant minutes as a C at 7'2. Last 3 games I've had 24, 35, 26 rebounds. It does have something to do with the guards not trying to get rebounds now and it seems that your teams CPU will let you get the rebound if you jump first.

Quote Originally Posted by eriX
    gotta set it before the ball handler's guy is even about to run into you. The AI for the running the pick and roll isn't too bad so you can trust the ball handler will use your screen if you set it right.

I dunno if its just me but its so easy to get rebounds in this game now. I've been averaging 15+ rebounds since I've gotten significant minutes as a C at 7'2. Last 3 games I've had 24, 35, 26 rebounds. It does have something to do with the guards not trying to get rebounds now and it seems that your teams CPU will let you get the rebound if you jump first.
    Theres a play where I have to set a screen behind the three point line but Brandon Knight runs up the court and dribbles where the screen would be before I can cross half court. I'm getting better with the screens though.

And tell me about it. I'm averaging 21 rebounds a game so far. I'll be the GOAT rebounder with pace taken into account.

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    Theres a play where I have to set a screen behind the three point line but Brandon Knight runs up the court and dribbles where the screen would be before I can cross half court. I'm getting better with the screens though.

And tell me about it. I'm averaging 21 rebounds a game so far. I'll be the GOAT rebounder with pace taken into account.
    screens are just weirder this year cause it takes a while to actually set and the rolling doesn't seem as quick.

You can check your numbers per 36 in the player stats and then just convert it to per 48 and you will be wilt.

Quote Originally Posted by eriX
    screens are just weirder this year cause it takes a while to actually set and the rolling doesn't seem as quick.

You can check your numbers per 36 in the player stats and then just convert it to per 48 and you will be wilt.
    Signed with the Lakers in the offseason. I'm averaging 18/17/1.5/2.5 on .577 in two games. Per 48 thats 27.5/25.9/2.3/3.9 to Wilt's 31.5/24/4.7 on .540. Of course, blocks weren't recorded in Wilt's day.