Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: LeBron and KD head to head

Quote Originally Posted by KyleKong
    You're acting like LeBron's "worst" season is anything short of amazing though.
    LeBrons not playing on the same level we are accustomed to seeing, some say it's because of coasting and I tend to agree. He plays with no energy on defense or the boards. I can't say someone is having an amazing season when he isn't playing up to his potential.. Not when someone like KD plays with tenacity on defense every single night and continues to drop 30+ on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
    KD has been playing out of his mind for a while, carrying the Westbrook-less Thunder to big wins over GSW and Portland. But LeBron is obviously coming off a championship season and is having a good season of his own.

So when they go head to head, if Durant loses to LeBron multiple times how much will it affect his case for MVP? On the other hand if Durant beats him he's a shoe in to win it this year.
    none

with Westbrook out, Miami Should beat them. Would be less impressive on Lebron

Quote Originally Posted by Joyner82reload
    If he loses the 1st game, it doesn't effect him whatsoever. No Westbrook, in Miami. It's all about his numbers.

But good god, with the way he is playing he might drop 50 on LeBron
    KD better hope Mario 25 pts and Norris Lock down Cole aren't playing

KD might get his numbers but they won't be good percentages for sure

NO WB,MIA can focus all their attention on KD
    and well KP and Serge won't have an easy time with Bosh,Birdman,Battier,Oden,Beasley

No wb means Wade can conserve his energy

With WB gone,Lamb and Reggie are either going to expect to create for team and KD or will get overwhelmed

With the addition of Beasley and Oden,and no WB OKC is a one man show
    and theyre up against a team who specializes in shutting down one man teams especially with no inside presence and no big men threats

All Through Your Body Illuminati's Avatar

If LeBron beats KD in both games while putting up better stats. The MVP race gon' be good.

[QUOTE=All Net]none

with Westbrook out, Miami Should beat them. Would be less impressive on Lebron

Quote Originally Posted by Flash31
    Though it really depends on Miami's mindset
    Competitive game,statement game or Not showing all your cards,resting players

Played Por with no LeBron,Bosh played games by himself,
    Wade sat out as well as LeBron several high profile games

Depends
    with the way MVP talk is heating up though and the KD-LJ mvp best player rivalry and OKC,MIA

they just might turn it up,

Miami has been playing lazy on defense this whole month,coasting games,playing without effort and haven't had a good month in JAN

They'll either turn it up or conserve energy and not expend until playoffs

As seen they're doing the SA,200S LAL type reg season so far
    Miami have looked very unimpressive this season at times. Which is dangerous if they are just coasting. It can tend to backfire just going easy just because you are the champions. Certainly didn

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

I would say even if Durant gets outplayed head to head, it doesn't take away his MVP.

BTW, when are the OKC vs. Heat games? How is that not the Christmas day game?

with that MPC swing. Brokenbeat's Avatar

I wasted a #2 pick on LeBron in fantasy basketball this season. Dude is ranked #5 on the season, and his FT% is killing me (he said he was going to work on that before the season started too). I can't give LeBron the MVP since he's barely top 5 in fantasy basketball. FBB > real life, and that's a scientifical fact.

Durant is #1, but that was expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenbeat
    I wasted a #2 pick on LeBron in fantasy basketball this season. Dude is ranked #5 on the season, and his FT% is killing me (he said he was going to work on that before the season started too). I can't give LeBron the MVP since he's barely top 5 in fantasy basketball. FBB > real life, and that's a scientifical fact.

Durant is #1, but that was expected.

He's still 2nd in the league in scoring with almost 26.2. Let's see in the playoffs who's gonna win an NBA title this season. Lebron had plenty of memorable regular season and playoffs stats in Cleveland. Just check his stats.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Miami have looked very unimpressive this season at times. Which is dangerous if they are just coasting. It can tend to backfire just going easy just because you are the champions. Certainly didn’t work in 2011.

it DID WORK in 2011

Just well LeBron and 2011 Finals happened

started 9-8 then finished
    49-16

Beat the Bulls in 5,took care of Celtics

Wade was killing in Dallas series,Dallas couldn't stop Wade yet again
    and Dirk was being contained again

yet LeBron was getting 1b touches and was 2nd option playing like a 6th man

And if you're talking about Lakers then well

LAL got old HARD
    Gasol somehow lost it,Artest became a shell of himself,Bynum well bynum played on/off,
    Odom just crapped out,
    and Dallas exposed the biggest weakness of LAL,perimeter defense

Dallas went on a barrage of threes and JJ Barea tore them up

Miami can't afford to go hard anymore with trying to make a 4th finals straight,their players are aging,having minor to major injuries and
    especially with the way teams played MIA last year especially during the STREAK

Teams were playing like it was game 7 in Finals against MIAMI EVERY GAME
    Every team's season was basically BEAT Miami

and in the playoffs it nearly cost them with an injured Wade,a hobbled Bosh,a worn out Battier,Haslem

Mia is following the SA method
    better players be healthy,welll rested and role players get their minutes,times sop when it's time to step up or needed they can go and can take stars load off,less stress and wear and tear on players

The BIG 3 are playing some of their lowest minutes ever and have lowest usage rates since rookie season,
    They're utilizing cole,chalmer,allen more and keeping the ball less in LJ and DW hands,

MIA WOULD RATHER GET A GOOD SEED AND BE WELL RESTED THEN STRIVE FOR 1ST AND BE WORN OUT(

Hell look at Chi every year they went for best rec)They were done come playoff time,players were worn out,gassed,and it became a one man team,either Rose or Nate or Deng rather than collective unit like a SA

Quote Originally Posted by JebronLames
    Lebron can only win if KD gets hurt.
    KD is no Stephen Curry lol LeBron is going to guard his ass.

NBA Superstar

Flash31 having a meltdown

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    I would say even if Durant gets outplayed head to head, it doesn't take away his MVP.

BTW, when are the OKC vs. Heat games? How is that not the Christmas day game?
    january 29th and feburary 20th.

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminati
    If LeBron beats KD in both games while putting up better stats. The MVP race gon' be good.
    All I remember was LeBron DEMOLISHING him on X-Mas, and Valetines Day last year.

Even if Lebron Dominated KD (Which usually happens), KD still wins this year's mvp, but it will be bitter tasted by him.

But if he beat Lebron badly in both meetings, Man...A finals matchup will be seeked by all bball fans and the league should fix it for sure.