Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Today's "Era of Dribble-Penetrators" would bring out the most spectacular MJ

Dribble-penetration occurs more today than any point in history - it's become a built-in, automatic component of the game due to spacing-inspired wider lanes and also the hand-check ban designed to make penetration easier.

The spacing-inspired wider lanes are a bonus, because a simple high screen or isolation play is all that's needed to take advantage of the new rules banning perimeter physicality and get in the lane.. Wings like Harden, Kobe and Lebron live off these plays, along with all point guards.. Previous era wings like Dr. J or MJ would be no different.

Of course, MJ was an off-ball player and didn't rely on dribble-penetration to get in the lane anyway.. Fans and media mistakenly think Jordan is your typical ball-dominant player - the type of ball-dominant player that has been encouraged and facilitated by the current set of rules for the last 10 years.

The only question is whether MJ would turn into a ball-dominant player like everyone else in today's game.. I doubt it, because the spacing and rule changes have encouraged easier ball movement, which benefits an off-ball player the most.

Default Re: Today's "Era of Dribble-Penetrators" would bring out the most spectacular MJ

I pray to the almighty Allah that your parents finally stop you from using their own pc, and internet.

Default Re: Today's "Era of Dribble-Penetrators" would bring out the most spectacular MJ

Go dribble-penetrate your mother

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    I pray to the almighty Allah that your parents finally stop you from using their own pc, and internet.
    but i'm... rent free

get it?

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    but i'm... rent free

get it?

You just played into his joke

So, dude, why do you hate Jordan?

3ball you are a disgrace to all jordan fans.

Just shut up already....

Today's lack of big men would bring out the most spectacular Shaq. Am I doing this right?

I know it's hard to swallow sometimes, but Michael Jordan is retired. He will never play in the NBA again. Live out your fantasies in a video game and spare us the monotony please.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime_Shaq

Today's lack of big men would bring out the most spectacular Shaq.

Am I doing this right?
    It's done wonders for Marc Gasol, who is considered a top 3 big man in today's game.

But look how many people Gasol would be behind in say, 1996:

Shaq
    David Robinson
    Hakeem
    Patrick Ewing
    Alonzo Mourning
    Dikembe Mutombo
    Arvydas Sabonis
    Karl Malone
    Barkley
    Webber
    Kemp

Gasol wouldn't be in this top tier.. Instead, Gasol is in the Rik Smits, Vlade Divac, Tom Gugliotta, Dino Radja, Vin Baker tier... Fits in perfectly there actually.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    It's done wonders for Marc Gasol, who is considered a top 3 big man in today's game.

But look how many people Gasol would be behind in say, 1996:

Shaq
    David Robinson
    Hakeem
    Patrick Ewing
    Alonzo Mourning
    Dikembe Mutombo
    Arvydas Sabonis
    Karl Malone
    Barkley
    Webber
    Kemp

Gasol wouldn't be in this top tier.. Instead, Gasol is in the Rik Smits, Vlade Divac, Tom Gugliotta, Dino Radja, Vin Baker tier... Fits in perfectly there actually.
    Gasol is better than Dikembe or Sabonis and way better than any of the guys you mentioned in your last paragraph. And Malone, Barkley, Webber and Kemp aren't even Cs.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    I know it's hard to swallow sometimes, but Michael Jordan is retired. He will never play in the NBA again. Live out your fantasies in a video game and spare us the monotony please.
    Translation: "it hurts to know that the players i like benefit from an easier game"

Enjoying the game of basketball doesn't mean it has to be TODAY'S game - fans are entitled to like any era they want..

And there's nothing wrong with pointing out that dribble penetration occurs more today than ever before.. Sure, the "dribble penetration era" means today's wing player has it much easier, but that's just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe

Gasol is better than Dikembe or Sabonis and way better than any of the guys you mentioned in your last paragraph. And Malone, Barkley, Webber and Kemp aren't even Cs.
    It's splitting hairs - regardless, the bigs were better in previous eras - there isn't much debate about that.

And for today's non-bigs, dribble-penetration is easier than ever before and occurs more than ever before.

So the notion that previous era wings would somehow be stifled in the golden age of dribble penetration is pure delusion, ignorance and wishful thinking.

So you've got to be one of these:

A. A super troll who actually hates Mj and is doing this to bring a negative view to him in this forum and many others (trainwreck).

Or

B. A seriously deranged weirdo that spends every waking moment in worship to the mighty Michael Jeffrey Jordan. The very definition of stan. I actually fear for Goat with people like you around.

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    So you've got to be one of these:

A. A super troll who actually hates Mj and is doing this to bring a negative view to him in this forum and many others (trainwreck).

Or

B. A seriously deranged weirdo that spends every waking moment in worship to the mighty Michael Jeffrey Jordan. The very definition of stan. I actually fear for Goat with people like you around.
    Or... he's both