Default Did Bird made a mistake?

Letting go of a good coach like Vogel.
    Acquiring players like YOung, Al Jeff and Jeff Teague while retaining the core and promoting a long time assistant coach and you would think that it will be a smooth transistion and up and coming young center and still having Paul George to lead.
    28th in defensive rating, 21st in SRS(simple rating system)
    what the hell is going on?

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Did Bird made a mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Letting go of a good coach like Vogel.
    Acquiring players like YOung, Al Jeff and Jeff Teague while retaining the core and promoting a long time assistant coach and you would think that it will be a smooth transistion and up and coming young center and still having Paul George to lead.
    28th in defensive rating, 21st in SRS(simple rating system)
    what the hell is going on?
    No defense. Vogel is a grinding out defensive team.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

All Bird has done is make mistakes since they traded for Evan Turner, signed Andrew Bynum and traded away Danny Granger in the 13/14 season. Completely ruined their chemistry. Firing Vogel was a huge mistake.

I dunno.

Has a Chicago for Hoiberg feeling to me.
    It's to soon to judge either decisions.

Initially Hoiberg seemed like a poor choice, but they thought that Thibs already peaked in his bulls tenture in an ECF level team, and they wanted to be better than that.

Poor performances from Rose made last season not very reflective of Hoiberg, though he did seem to have some troubles with the locker room.

So once more, I have no idea about the new coach, Mcmillan? Was it?
    Hopefully it will turn for the best. Either way, Vogel was solid but he didn't achive anything extraordinary in the last two seasons (One he was with an injured PG, so still.) I wouldn't fire him but I'd like to think GM's know what they are doing.

Too early to tell.

That said, the team should be built around PG13 and Myles Turner. Which means they should operate at a moderate pace and be defense oriented. It feels like their current system is built around Teague, Ellis, and Young.