Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Prime Kobe vs Prime T-mac vs Prime LeBron vs Prime Wade

lebron
    kobe
    wade
    tmac

These are the true rankings of impact at their primes.

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski

I doubt anyone in NBA history will ever drop 35-5-5 again...IMO.
    nor put up those number while blowing a 3-1 advantage against a team without their best scorer

Lebron last year to me was more amazing than Kobe shooting 30 shots a game just because Lebron so dominated at so many ways throughout the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    nor put up those number while blowing a 3-1 advantage against a team without their best scorer

Lebron last year to me was more amazing than Kobe shooting 30 shots a game just because Lebron so dominated at so many ways throughout the year.
    luckily we are not basing this on 1 series because lebron would probably be in 3rd place behind kobe and wade... he and t mac have no rings. Anyway i do agree that i would have lebron slightly ahead even though i dont think he is at his peak which is scary, i am not sure if we are talking athletic or skill prime but either kobe 02-03 number just as good as prime t-mac or 05-07 kobe who was a MONSTER !!!!!!. They all have a great case though so its tough.
    My list
    1.lebron edges out kobe
    2.kobe
    3.t mac
    4.wade 08-09 wade was rediculous though

Scribbles
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

1. Kobe
    2. Mac
    3. Wade
    4. Lebron

1. LeBron
    2. Kobe
    3a. Wade
    3b. T-Mac

Wade edges him out very slightly for me but I definitely think it's arguable.

LeBron's play the past 2 years definitely warrants a #1 spot; it was surprising when he DIDN'T have a monster game. He was/is a beast on a nightly basis.

Kobe in 06 and 07 was unbelievable as well.

When you find yourself almost laughing at what a player is doing on a nightly basis (Kobe scoring 50+ like nothing, or LeBron's all-around domination) you know it's something special.

Banned

At their prime?

1. T-Mac
    2. Lebron
    3. Kobe
    4. Wade

If we are going to define prime by one season or two, then id say Tracy Mcgrady has had the most impressive prime of this 4 players, its very close, but 2002-2003 T-Mac has to be one of the best seasons for a perimeter player in the history of the game. The guy was putting ridiculous and dominant performances, and his stats just show this. When you score 32 ppg, grab 6.5 rpg and dish 5.5 apg on 45/38/79 % shooting you know you are in front of something special. He was scoring in all kinds of way and he was a slightly better rebounder than Kobe in his best individual season (05-06) and a better playmaker (in this case stats arent telling the whole story). Playing in a team with total scrubs, at least Kobe had Odom or Smush Parker, the mighty Lebron at least had an all-around nice team with Mo Williams and cia..., and Wade at his prime had Shaq, better than the garbage of teammates Mcgrady had that year in Orlando.

Second would come Lebron James due to being a triple-double danger, not only scoring and rebounding, but also being the best play-maker and assister of this 4 players in their primes and being an incredible defender too. He hasnt proved all of this in the last playoffs (he was horrible) but in 08-09 and 09-10 regular season he has been at absolute beast, and heck, even in the 08-09 playoffs he was putting up ridiculous numbers, 35.3 ppg, 9.1 rpg and 7.3 apg on 51/33/74 is god-like, few players in NBA History have put up those numbers in a playoff run.

Kobe would come third, although I have some trouble defining Kobe`s prime, since we have seen an evolution in the player. From 05 to 07 he was that unstoppable scorer who was putting up amazing perfomances on his own, close to the very best of Michael Jordan we have seen, its a shame his team was not in the condition to win something. Then we saw the more efficient, better leader/better decision taker Kobe from 08 to the present day. I honestly have enjoyed more the earlier Kobe Bryant, he was more explosive and fun to watch, but you can make an argument to say the "more intelligent" version of Kobe is the best.

Fourth has to be Wade, but like I said before, its very close, it was actually hard to rank this. He was probably the most efficient player of this 4 in his prime, but was somehow worse in the rebounding thing and a bit of worse scorer (although more efficient one). Unlike Kobe or T-Mac, my man Wade couldnt/cant score from any position in any form, he is not that versatile as an offensive player. He still hasnt developed a nice post-game like T-Mac or Kobe at their primes, and is a much worse 3pt shooter. But anyway, an astonishing player probably still in his prime, like Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlTheGoat
    At their prime?

1. T-Mac
    2. Lebron
    3. Kobe
    4. Wade

If we are going to define prime by one season or two, then id say Tracy Mcgrady has had the most impressive prime of this 4 players, its very close, but 2002-2003 T-Mac has to be one of the best seasons for a perimeter player in the history of the game. The guy was putting ridiculous and dominant performances, and his stats just show this. When you score 32 ppg, grab 6.5 rpg and dish 5.5 apg on 45/38/79 % shooting you know you are in front of something special. He was scoring in all kinds of way and he was a slightly better rebounder than Kobe in his best individual season (05-06) and a better playmaker (in this case stats arent telling the whole story). Playing in a team with total scrubs, at least Kobe had Odom or Smush Parker, the mighty Lebron at least had an all-around nice team with Mo Williams and cia..., and Wade at his prime had Shaq, better than the garbage of teammates Mcgrady had that year in Orlando.

Second would come Lebron James due to being a triple-double danger, not only scoring and rebounding, but also being the best play-maker and assister of this 4 players in their primes and being an incredible defender too. He hasnt proved all of this in the last playoffs (he was horrible) but in 08-09 and 09-10 regular season he has been at absolute beast, and heck, even in the 08-09 playoffs he was putting up ridiculous numbers, 35.3 ppg, 9.1 rpg and 7.3 apg on 51/33/74 is god-like, few players in NBA History have put up those numbers in a playoff run.

Kobe would come third, although I have some trouble defining Kobe`s prime, since we have seen an evolution in the player. From 05 to 07 he was that unstoppable scorer who was putting up amazing perfomances on his own, close to the very best of Michael Jordan we have seen, its a shame his team was not in the condition to win something. Then we saw the more efficient, better leader/better decision taker Kobe from 08 to the present day. I honestly have enjoyed more the earlier Kobe Bryant, he was more explosive and fun to watch, but you can make an argument to say the "more intelligent" version of Kobe is the best.

Fourth has to be Wade, but like I said before, its very close, it was actually hard to rank this. He was probably the most efficient player of this 4 in his prime, but was somehow worse in the rebounding thing and a bit of worse scorer (although more efficient one). Unlike Kobe or T-Mac, my man Wade couldnt/cant score from any position in any form, he is not that versatile as an offensive player. He still hasnt developed a nice post-game like T-Mac or Kobe at their primes, and is a much worse 3pt shooter. But anyway, an astonishing player probably still in his prime, like Lebron.

What makes prime T-Mac better than LeBron other than being a higher volume scorer?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jack
    What makes prime T-Mac better than LeBron other than being a higher volume scorer?

1. Being a more complete/versatile offensive player, therefor, making him more difficult to guard. Lebron struggles when a team with great defense (like the Celtics) limits his offensive options. He hasnt developed a decent post game or mid-range game yet, and probably will never do. T-Mac on the other hand could do EVERYTHING, and when I say that I mean it. Could shoot the 3pt, could shoot the mid-range, could drive like the best Wade or Lebron, could post up pretty well...and could also do the playmaking and get a solid number of rebounds.

2. Playing with the worst team of all this 4 players had at their primes, and thats really not debatable. The scrubs T-Mac had around him were worse than this year New Jersey Nets to make an example.

1.) LeBron- 30\9\7 50%
    2.) Wade- 30\8\5\2\1 49%
    3.) Kobe- 35\5\4 45%
    4.) McGrady- 32\7\6\ 46%

Quote Originally Posted by EarlTheGoat
    1. Being a more complete/versatile offensive player, therefor, making him more difficult to guard. Lebron struggles when a team with great defense (like the Celtics) limits his offensive options. He hasnt developed a decent post game or mid-range game yet, and probably will never do. T-Mac on the other hand could do EVERYTHING, and when I say that I mean it. Could shoot the 3pt, could shoot the mid-range, could drive like the best Wade or Lebron, could post up pretty well...and could also do the playmaking and get a solid number of rebounds.

2. Playing with the worst team of all this 4 players had at their primes, and thats really not debatable. The scrubs T-Mac had around him were worse than this year New Jersey Nets to make an example.
    Playing with the worst team doesn't make him the better player.

As for having a more complete offensive game; so does Mello. It doesn't mean he's as efficient or even as good.

-LeBron
    -Kobe
    -McGrady
    -Wade

Going by simply primes. LeBron and Wade are still in their primes, albeit the end of it.

Going by peaks:

-LeBron
    -McGrady
    -Kobe
    -Wade

Anyone that puts McGrady at the bottom obviously didn't watch him play circa 2002-2003. Guy had a case for best player in the league.

7-time NBA All-Star

I'm a big T-Mac fan, but he was NOT better than Lebron or even as good of an overall player as Lebron has been the past 2 years. Picture T-Mac leading those teams to 60+ wins, I like T-Mac better, but this is pretty obvious if you're being objective.

Banned

Has Lebron hit his prime yet?
    1.Lebron James 2009-2010
    2.Dwayne Wade 2008-2009
    3.Kobe Bryant 2005-2006
    4.Tracy Mcgrady 2002-2003

All this is hard to compare as Lebron and Kobe aren't done yet.
    Last edited by All Net; 09-16-2010 at 03:53 PM.

Banned

[QUOTE=All Net]
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceInADECADE
    Has Lebron hit his prime yet?
    All this is hard to compare as Lebron and Kobe aren't done yet.
    and Wade rite