Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Default Re: Breaking News: Kyrie Irving out 4 weeks

Waiters ROY

cavs management is ecstatic, they need all the help they can get, seeing how bad pistons, washington and toronto are.

Quote Originally Posted by chips93

in b4 dions 25 fgas

and **** this irving is injury prone bullshit.

he hurt his toe at duke, and didnt wanna come back too soon, in case he hurt his draft stock. then he got a concussion last year. he hurt his shoulder, and we wanted to tank so he missed a few games

its a few freak injuries, hes not injury prone.
    He constantly has things happening to him it seems. Something happened this off season too.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

He's surrounded by great medical facilities, trainers, doctors, they've made a decision that's best for him. Each injury is a different case.

He's gonna be fine and we all got lots of terrific hoops to look forward to I just wish he was a T-Wolf it would fit in to the whole team being injured!!

hey cavs, its a little early to start tanking, bros

any hope the Cavs had for 8th seed might be out the window

Kind of sucks. Dion, start chucking.

Was it a freak injury? Didn't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    Was it a freak injury? Didn't see it.
    Not sure. It happened against Dallas, he played with it in Philly they thought it was bruise.

On Irving's Twitter he say it was a freak injury. But isn't any injury kind of a freak injury?

Quote Originally Posted by Babalu
    this

Cavs tanking.

They are playing this safe, protecting their franchise player while tanking for Noels or Zeller.

7/11/14 We Witness NattyPButter's Avatar

I bet he wants to play it's Scott's decision to not play him to tank even more. I'm glad I didn't buy any tickets this year. The injury is on his non shooting hand WTF. Organizations should get in trouble for tanking on purpose.
    Last edited by NattyPButter; 11-19-2012 at 10:35 PM.

Dis located finger, dat located finger, or da other located finger?

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

This is bad news for a couple of reasons...

1. It makes Cavs games much less entertaining and/or watchable. Don't get me wrong, I'll still watch... but, this team is going to be really bad for the next month.

2. Any ideas of competing for a playoff spot following the current brutal stretch in the schedule is now looking more and more unlikely. A 2-8 record can be turned around pretty significantly over the course of an 82 game season. A 6-19 record is a little more difficult to recover from (just speculating, but that is about what I expect).

Aside from those two notables, this really isn't much of a big deal in the grand scheme. It looks like the doctors and coaches are being extra cautious about this because they can afford to be. This team probably won't be in playoff contention this early in the complete rebuild and with so many young players. There is no sense in pushing a guy out there with a minor injury that could turn into something more major if he takes a hard shot to the finger or bangs it off of the rim or falls on it, etc.

I have no problem with going the route of better safe than sorry right now. If this were late in the season and we were making a playoff push? Different. If this were the playoffs? Different.

Btw, anyone who has watched Kyrie all season and then watched him yesterday can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that something was not right with him. I just chalked it up to tired legs after a brutal stretch of road games to open the season. Now, things make a little more sense. He probably spent much of the game protecting that hand (and had tired legs).

Don't fret, Cavs fans. We won't even remember this short stretch in a couple of years when the team will hopefully be ready to compete for something more. Yeah, it's too bad we won't be able to watch him until mid-December, but I think it beats the alternative... Needlessly risking the future for the present.

Oh, and all of the people saying the word, "tank," get serious. There was obviously something up with him Sunday and he was x-rayed during the Dallas game due to this injury. They found something... He's injured. Being cautious is a virtue at this point. It isn't "tanking."

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

RBA, great as Irving is, you can't deny that he seems fairly fragile, franchise playing it safe or not. I get playing it safe, but missed what, like 25 games in his year at Duke? 15 games last year. A dozen or so this year now at least. This has to be a legitimate concern.