Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-07-2007, 11:55 PM   #16
clayton
Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

clayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat coolclayton is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Better than Jordan?

Haha. Baron would kill Michael in a 1 on 1 game. That man is a street baller with and1 moves.
clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:49 AM   #17
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayton
Haha. Baron would kill Michael in a 1 on 1 game. That man is a street baller with and1 moves.

That's a joke, right?
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:56 AM   #18
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
That's a joke, right?

That's what I was hoping, too. There is a reason for and1 guys (except Rafer) not being in the league...
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:18 AM   #19
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Psileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Wilt Chamberlain remained as the best NBA player until Jordan reached his prime. Compared with Chamberlain, Jordan demonstrated that even shooting guards could dominate the game as good as the centers or Power forwards, which was considered impossible before 1990s. Anyway, how could you imagine a team in 1970s or 1980s could have won a title without a good center? The point is that Jordan totally changed the way we think about the Basketball game. Therefore, Chamberlain wouldn't exceed Jordan even if he scored 1000pts.

I disagree with the overall logic. Chamberlain totally changed the game as well, proving that big men don't need to be stiffs who are good only at battling for rebounds and fouling hard. Not to mention that he led to more rule changes than any other player in history in order to be limited. And he's the GOAT to me, anyway. Prime Kareem is also comparable to prime Jordan. Bird and Magic a notch below.

And for the question of the topic, so what if even a GOAT candidate loses a one-on-one match?
1) All someone needs is to get hot for a few possessions and for an NBA player that's not very hard, especially in 1-on-1. Corey Benjamin lost to Jordan by a basket or so in 2002.
2) It happens only once in a while. Once in a while an earthquake happens, once in a while Shaq is in good shape, etc.
3) 1-on-1 matchups aren't real life basketball. They don't count more than pre-season games. I don't remember Stackhouse beating Jordan in real NBA games.
Psileas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:43 AM   #21
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
That's a joke, right?

nope. Jordan hasn't played ball for a while and Baron would easily destroy him.
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:47 AM   #22
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

yes, everyone is better than jordan, now that it's' settled we can move on to other topics, kthx
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:00 AM   #23
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psileas
I disagree with the overall logic. Chamberlain totally changed the game as well, proving that big men don't need to be stiffs who are good only at battling for rebounds and fouling hard. Not to mention that he led to more rule changes than any other player in history in order to be limited. And he's the GOAT to me, anyway. Prime Kareem is also comparable to prime Jordan. Bird and Magic a notch below.

And for the question of the topic, so what if even a GOAT candidate loses a one-on-one match?
1) All someone needs is to get hot for a few possessions and for an NBA player that's not very hard, especially in 1-on-1. Corey Benjamin lost to Jordan by a basket or so in 2002.
2) It happens only once in a while. Once in a while an earthquake happens, once in a while Shaq is in good shape, etc.
3) 1-on-1 matchups aren't real life basketball. They don't count more than pre-season games. I don't remember Stackhouse beating Jordan in real NBA games.
i agree with everything except wilt being goat

mostly though i think the belief that winning a single 1 on 1 game is somehow evidence of superiority is idiotic. i've beaten MUCH better players than me in one on one games just because i was hitting every piece of garbage off balance 20+ footer i threw up at the rim.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:36 AM   #24
bbplaya21
I hit open layups

bbplaya21 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
This is what happened after Stack claimed he beat Jordan one on one.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gUMHZbvnMAA

He certainly taught em a lesson.
bbplaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:45 PM   #25
MattLeybold
I airball my layups

MattLeybold has an OK reputation so far

Michael Finley did not beat MJ one on one. He won a radio show contest to play him in a game to 3, and lost 3 to 1. MJ told him he would be in the league someday.

Stackhouse claimed he could beat MJ one on one, and the next game they played MJ had 44 at the end of the 3rd quarter and sat out the whole 4th. Even after this, Stackhouse said he didn't think MJ wanted to play him, but MJ said he had just called off the dogs because of the fact that they were up by so much (this story is in MJ's book, For the Love of the Game).
MattLeybold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:01 PM   #26
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattLeybold
Stackhouse claimed he could beat MJ one on one, and the next game they played MJ had 44 at the end of the 3rd quarter and sat out the whole 4th.

48 points, not 44.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:17 PM   #27
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wilt does not come close to Jordan and Bird is better than Wilt... BTW, look at this fools YouTube page. He thinks Kobe is the best! LMAO! Only Kobe fans...

http://www.youtube.com/user/BrianSha...BnWRTAA0xyCT5B
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:20 PM   #28
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Gibson better than Jordan???

In the 2007-08 NBA Season
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:41 PM   #29
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Psileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Wilt does not come close to Jordan and Bird is better than Wilt...

Why? And this concerns both things you said.
Psileas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:44 PM   #30
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year

Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
Wilt does not come close to Jordan and Bird is better than Wilt... BTW, look at this fools YouTube page. He thinks Kobe is the best! LMAO! Only Kobe fans...

http://www.youtube.com/user/BrianSha...BnWRTAA0xyCT5B
Quote:
gencbiba | November 08, 2007
"wow shaq is finished. bynum is two times better than shaq now. bye bye shaq, it was nice seeing you play. i bet he retires after this season. he looks like he's 70 years old out there."

Shaq just scored 17 points the last game in around 30 minutes... When's the last time Bynum has scored that much? Please don't talk bull**** if you don't know the game. Shaq is still one of the top 5 centers in the league today. He can't handle double teams any more but nobody can stop him 1 on 1 either.

LMAO! Shaq is not a Top 5 center in the league anymore.
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: