Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park Alan's Avatar

Default Re: Ricky Rubio meets his end...

When he gets his legs and minutes back he'll be the ~10 ppg low 40% shooter like he was last year. And that's really all he needs. Perhaps improve his 3-point shot when he gets more open looks this year.

Honestly can't wait for him to start and reduce Barea's minutes. He can have his moments but honestly he's a ball stopper and bad for team offense. 4th quarter pick'n'rolls with either Rubio or Shved will be deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by pnyozzzoo
    Man stop this kinda pointless thread.

Dude just got back from major injury, and they are watching his min so tight, so his performance cannot be judged yet.

Dude was never a athletic freak and never used his jumping and banging to play so his injury doesn't really matter to his play afterward.

Dude has a great debut and on and off after that, he is not terrible compare to last year.

Dude never good at making layups. He was the worst, dead last at rim% last year, and people see his good and potential despite that.

If dude can shoot and making good layups he'd be superstar. like if Irving can see the floor and pass really well. Like if Lin has wet handle and 3pointers like Irving. They need time to develop.
    This.

OP may be being sarcastic though. A sarcastic early overreaction thread.

Quote Originally Posted by pnyozzzoo
    Man stop this kinda pointless thread.

Dude just got back from major injury, and they are watching his min so tight, so his performance cannot be judged yet.

Dude was never a athletic freak and never used his jumping and banging to play so his injury doesn't really matter to his play afterward.

Dude has a great debut and on and off after that, he is not terrible compare to last year.

Dude never good at making layups. He was the worst, dead last at rim% last year, and people see his good and potential despite that.

If dude can shoot and making good layups he'd be superstar. like if Irving can see the floor and pass really well. Like if Lin has wet handle and 3pointers like Irving. They need time to develop.
    Duuuuuuuuuude

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

his 3rd game back he made 2 nice lay ups back to back. Nice try, fat boy.

Saw a basketball once

It's obvious when you watch him that he's not moving as well as he did before the injury. Give him some time to recover. Hopefully he'll get his mobility back to where it used to be.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease plUto or bUst's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan
    When he gets his legs and minutes back he'll be the ~10 ppg low 40% shooter like he was last year. And that's really all he needs. Perhaps improve his 3-point shot when he gets more open looks this year.

Honestly can't wait for him to start and reduce Barea's minutes. He can have his moments but honestly he's a ball stopper and bad for team offense. 4th quarter pick'n'rolls with either Rubio or Shved will be deadly.
    Rubio shot 35% last year, not low 40%. Where are you getting your stats?

I've never seen a player get a pass for shooting 35% like Rubio. Other players would be crucified for shooting that horribly. Rubio throws pretty passes so I guess it makes it all okay.

He was a 35% shooter pre-acl tear so I have doubts he'll hit 40% this season or ever.

I agree with you about Barea though. He's horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by plUto or bUst
    Rubio shot 35% last year, not low 40%. Where are you getting your stats?

I've never seen a player get a pass for shooting 35% like Rubio. Other players would be crucified for shooting that horribly. Rubio throws pretty passes so I guess it makes it all okay.

He was a 35% shooter pre-acl tear so I have doubts he'll hit 40% this season or ever.

I agree with you about Barea though. He's horrible.
    He is not there to score, he is a facilitator.

He has terrific vision and great passing ability and is capable of getting more offensive production out of his teammates.

Kidd's % was never great, but he knew how to run an offense. Not saying that Rubio is or will ever be Kidd level, but his impact could be similar.

Kidd was a legit triple double threat every time on the floor. Kidd had no jumper, but he was a good finisher at the rim, unlike Rubio. Kidd's career field goal percentage is 40%, which is likely a good deal better than what Rubio will ever get.

I think Rubio can be good, but never great. Pluses on his side are his vision, intangibles, and age. People are saying that his ACL will not affect his game. I think it will further limit his finishing ability (at least for the next year), which will lower his percentages even further, and make him less effective. His lack of finishing ability will be severely limiting in his career.

Kidd was a legit triple double threat every time on the floor. Kidd had no jumper, but he was a good finisher at the rim, unlike Rubio. Kidd's career field goal percentage is 40%, which is likely a good deal better than what Rubio will ever get.

I think Rubio can be good, but never great. Pluses on his side are his vision, intangibles, and age. People are saying that his ACL will not affect his game. I think it will further limit his finishing ability (at least for the next year), which will lower his percentages even further, and make him less effective. His lack of finishing ability will be severely limiting in his career.
    Can't disagree with any of that, but IMO despite his limited scoring ability, he can make his teammates better offensively by finding them when they are in scoring positions.

Rubio is a flawed player just like rondo. Top 5 passer in the league and a great defender but can't shoot for shit. Imagine if either of these guy's had a jumpshot? I still can't understand how someone who plays ball for a living can't learn to shoot consistently, seems like such a basic skill

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Very similar to that bum pg from Greece.
    Xanthopoulos is a much better shooter than Rubio. Rubio is better on defense though.

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    Rubio is a flawed player just like rondo. Top 5 passer in the league and a great defender but can't shoot for shit. Imagine if either of these guy's had a jumpshot? I still can't understand how someone who plays ball for a living can't learn to shoot consistently, seems like such a basic skill
    Rondo's only flaw is that he's a bad shooter. (Another minor gripe is that he'll also occasionally whore assists.) However, he is an elite finisher at the rim for a point guard. That's the only reason his field goal percentage is always so high. Rubio on the other hand was the worst finisher at the rim of not only PGs, but of all players last season.

Rubio's ceiling is probably Rondo-light, because he has elite vision and is pretty good defensively. Rondo-light could still be a top 15 pg, so that is not such a bad spot to be.

Funny because now Jason Kidd, at 39, has a great jumper, at least for 3s. Imagine if he was able to shot like this in his prime. He might have been in the conversation for GOAT. Why couldn't he shoot like this 10, even 5 years ago?

Rubio will be fine. He will be elite. Why no one thinks Rubio can't hit 40% is beyond me.

You fail to forget that Kidd never got to play with Kevin Love. Kidd never had players like Rondo has on the Celtics.

Kidd had Mashburn and Jackson (who was injured for almost half the year) for his first 2 1/2 years in the league. He was 22 when he got traded. He had Marion in Phoenix. But what first scoring option did Kidd ever have? How deep were the scorers on his team? What about in NJ?

If Kidd went to that Dallas team before the absolute end of his prime, he would have shot much better than 40%...because he'd have the chance to focus on improving his shot and not trying to improve everybody else. He's also way too smart to overshoot...not to mention he wouldn't get stuck taking bailout jumpers that are the consequence of an average team not getting up the shot before the 24 runs out. There isn't a single player I have seen take more bailout shots than Jason Kidd. Ever.

Rubio is already playing with quality. The kind that would have helped Kidd out when. His percentages should get much better.

Let's be real, Rubio barely made Euroleague rosters and has overtaken kidd all time as a point guard in the NBA