Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Why Does Kd Get So Many Gd Ft's

Quote Originally Posted by Amar'e_Juwanna
    says the guy with immense negative ratings.
    Dat box score scouting philosophy still present

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    LeBron's flopping doesn't impact his game, or production the way KD's absurd amount of soft calls pad his overall production. I hate when LeBron flops, no player of that talent level should be resorting to that but the foul calls KD get is by far worse.
    Maybe if LeBron didn't flop so damn much the refs would trust him more and give him more calls? It's like the boy who cried wolf except LeBron cries foul on obvious non fouls and the refs take note of that and don't give him calls later on if they didn't see a definite foul.

Regardless LeFlop still gets favored more in the playoffs where the shit refs are officiating every game

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000
    Although I agree that KD gets gifted too many FTs I think its vice versa for me. I at least still respect KD's ability and game. W/o FTs, he is still a ridiculous scorer, lethal shooter, and can still get buckets from anywhere on the floor.

Harden's game on the other hand seems to consist of two things; Drive to the rim not looking to score but to initiate contact for FTs...OR a 3 pt attempt. That's literally it. No mid-range game, no post ups. He's also a shameless flopper and has a smug personality. Fvck that dude.
    agreed

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Free throws are getting OP so riled up. Why doe?

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Maybe if LeBron didn't flop so damn much the refs would trust him more and give him more calls? It's like the boy who cried wolf except LeBron cries foul on obvious non fouls and the refs take note of that and don't give him calls later on if they didn't see a definite foul.

Regardless LeFlop still gets favored more in the playoffs where the shit refs are officiating every game
    Doesn't really matter. LeBron can score 38 but on 15 shots. He's just that much better.

Serious playground baller Amar'e_Juwanna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    Free throws are getting OP so riled up. Why doe?
    Confessing to box score scouting, as a result of fantasy implications.
    Still though, its excessive.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible
    Doesn't really matter. LeBron can score 38 but on 15 shots. He's just that much better.
    Wait, are you trying to say that LeBron is a better scorer than KD?

If so, allow me to laugh even harder

Great college starter

lebron puts the ball in the hoop at a better rate than Durant = FACT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Amar'e_Juwanna
    says the guy with immense negative ratings.
    negged

Kevin Durant is currently getting 0.71 FTA per FGA.

Jordan, Kobe and Lebron have all been below 0.50 every year of their career.

Even Wade who used to live at the line has a career high of 0.58.

Just for comparison, if Durant was getting FT's at the same rate as Lebron is currently (0.43), he would get get 5.1 FT's less per game, which would lower his ppg by 4.5, and drop him from 1st in scoring to 5th.

I don't know how anyone who watched the Nuggets game could complain about star treatment or any of that taking place.

Then again it's ISH where the trolls are nothing more than box score scouts

Says the guy who complains about other teams FT numbers when the Thunder lose.

Btw, here's a fun comparison:

LaMarcus Aldridge (9.8) hits significantly more FGs per game than Durant (8.2) does, but Durant gets more than 3 times as many FT's at Aldridge does.

I am. The entire notion of a ''scorer'' is totally superfluous & lame. As if greater reliance on jump-shooting must indicate some sort of ''scoring''genius.

Or if a player has mediocre stats but a really high ppg, it must make him more of a ''scorer'' than a player who is superior in all aspects of the game. (Carmelo classic example).

Then there is the most perposterous argument: Lebron is not a real ''scorer'' because he doesn't chuck enough. Lol. As if he can't shoot his way out of a deficit, right? As if his 27.5 ppg career average is a liability.

Lebron is the league's most complete offensive player and best ''scorer'', however you define the term. No player can score in as many ways as he can.

It goes without saying, KD is the next best scorer. This year he's making 8 field goals in 39 minutes per game which is terrific. Lebron's making 10 in 36 minutes per game.

Where/How did you build the notion of Lebron being a flopper anyways? He flopped like probably 10 times in his career and most of that happened i think last season.... Lebron does not flop but when he does, it sure is made a big deal out of.... especially by his haters right now, not so much material to go after... Why he all of the sudden pulled those obvious flops that time was for obvious blind-reff reasons to be honest out of frustration, those ticky tack fouls are not visible on his body as it is on Durant, he has to sell it for it to be visible...... If you punch a wall, it wont move, it wont look like it got hit.... but it is still a foul.... and if its NEVER called then you have to sell it at least once in your lifetime...

As far as KD goes, he is just damn good at it, knows every trick in the book to draw fouls and he shoots 90%, he has the body, he very understandably takes advantage of that as much as he can, i have nothing against it as he is doing the right thing... sure his 30 point night can be more exciting if he doesnt take any FT at all, but it is what it is....
    Last edited by pauk; 11-19-2013 at 06:45 AM.

Least KD doesn't sell fouls