Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Good High School Starter Kingsfans818's Avatar

Default Re: Jennings: "ROY doesn't matter, both of their teams suck"

Quote Originally Posted by 33teeth
    What is this guy, 13 years old? Sour grapes. He reeks of immaturity.

Sacramento does suck, but they beat the Bucks in their only matchup so far this year. In Milwaukee.

truth, probably should also consider that the game was because of a Tyreke Evans game winner with time expiring...

Decent playground baller Lyoto15's Avatar

Im liking this guy more and more.

The best part about this is, he's actually right !

Local High School Star

Collison's team is doing well, too, so what is this loser talking about? He's going by flawed logic because he isn't even the most important player on his team. He's a big part of it, but he's not the most important. Going by that, we have a number of rookies (Nuggets, Hornets, OKC) who also seem to be playoff-bound (or close), but they are not the most important players on their team.

Jennings is a sore loser and if he keeps this attitude up, he's going to be getting a lot of punishment. The guy lies to himself all the time, changing his mind every 5 minutes about the award.

"Whoever plays better, than he deserves it. I don't want to share it"
    "If we make the playoffs, I should get it..."
    "I don't want it "

I would take the Kings over the Bucks in a 7 game series. The Bucks SUCK, just like the eastern conference. It's harsh to say because "they're all professionals", but the fact is that it is significantly easier out East than it is out West. We have so many teams out west who would be in the 5th-8th seeds in the East, it's not even funny.

Jennings will be abused by his fellow draft mates for many years to come, specifically Curry and Evans. Bullied by Evans until he's bruised and crying to the media.

Quote Originally Posted by artest 93
    Collison's team is doing well, too, so what is this loser talking about? He's going by flawed logic because he isn't even the most important player on his team. He's a big part of it, but he's not the most important. Going by that, we have a number of rookies (Nuggets, Hornets, OKC) who also seem to be playoff-bound (or close), but they are not the most important players on their team.

Jennings is a sore loser and if he keeps this attitude up, he's going to be getting a lot of punishment. The guy lies to himself all the time, changing his mind every 5 minutes about the award.

"I don't want it "

I would take the Kings over the Bucks in a 7 game series. The Bucks SUCK, just like the eastern conference. It's harsh to say because "they're all professionals", but the fact is that it is significantly easier out East than it is out West. We have so many teams out west who would be in the 5th-8th seeds in the East, it's not even funny.

Jennings will be abused by his fellow draft mates for many years to come, specifically Curry and Evans. Bullied by Evans until he's bruised and crying to the media.
    This

Hehe sure NBA wont hand the title of ROY to someone who shoots 36% from the field.

Freshprince619
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

"I don't want it "

Lmao couldnt have said it any better
    i never seen the crying smiley used so perfect lmaoo

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    If he drops 55 again, he'll get the award!
    No he won't. Its now very obvious that both Tyreke and Curry are superior players, and even if Jennings had another insane night, it wouldn't change much.

To be honest, I question if he'll ever get 55 again in his career. Its beginning to look like that game was one of those once-in-a-lifetime moments, because he hasn't come close to it since. Shooting the low percentage that he does, he'll never be a dominant scorer in the league.

Jennings should keep his trap shut until he gets his house in order. He wasn't talking about the ROY "not mattering" just after the 55-pt game.

Local High School Star lukekarts's Avatar

"I don't want it "

He's a starting rookie that has taken his team to more wins than last season in 20 less games, and right into the playoff hunt. I haven't looked at the figures in detail but I reckon of all the teams that drafted in the top 10, Milwaukee have made the biggest improvement in number of wins.

And please remember, this team has lost Redd for another season, traded Jefferson (who played well there, 19ppg on 46%) for next to nothing, and only recently acquired John Salmons (who, let's face it, is just a role player).

You can hate on his fg% all you like but he has lead that team to where it is now, by being a proper point guard - running the team, making plays, not turning over the ball too much. I can guarantee Bogut's increased production is a direct result of having a true point guard (not Ridnour) making that possible.

Serious playground baller Deadpool's Avatar

Good for him really. "Best point guard in the draft"

i don't see the problem with jennings. 16 pts, 6 assists and 4 rebounds. i don't care about his % id like this guy on my NBA team. especially since bogut has been playing well since jennings got there and redd left i don't think its a coincidence the guy has rubbed off onto other players.

if he was shooting at 45% would we be having this discussion? no, rookies average bad %'s its always been true lebron carmelo and kobe averaged 42% and under for there rookie seasons. what they shot a whole 6% better when they were main cogs in there rookie seasons (cept kobe) come on man.

the kid will bounce back, he's playing exactly how a pg should play, he's helping his team get to the playoffs and he's not taking shit from any players (garnett)

Magic Johnson

i'm sick of twitter. it makes a lot of these guys (jennings and cdr in particular) look really stupid. they should just shut up, get in the gym, and play basketball.

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

I don't get why people are giving Jennings props for this. He sounds like a crybaby weenie to me.

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    exactly.

you stick them in the West playing those teams, they wouldnt stand a chance at that many wins.
    Its not as simple as that. You cant just say if this team was in the west.....

If the Bucks were still in the West they would be familiar with those teams and that makes a difference.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Brandon Roy's Avatar

lol I like it.

I don't see what the problem is.

Let's say his shooting percentage were in the mid 40's. Let's say he said something along the lines of wanting the ROY. People would still hate on him and say that he's selfish for wanting an individual award.

But because he said that he doesn't care about ROY and he just cares about winning, he's a bad guy? That makes no sense whatsoever. That's the attitude that every coach wants.

I'm not sure if you guys have watched the Warriors and Kings this season, but they're not good teams. He's right; those 2 teams suck. No denying that.

Jennings is a rare type of NBA player - an honest one. I may not always like it, but I respect it.

Local High School Star dallaslonghorn's Avatar

"I don't want it "

Andrew Bogut alone would be enough to beat Sacramento ... Spencer Hawes is going to stick him.

And get out of here with Stephen "there's not a player in the NBA I will be able to guard on defense" Curry