Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: The MAGA Hat Kid Is Suing Washington Post For $250 Million

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    i was wrong in that thread. but i'm not wrong here, i'm not claiming they are exactly the same situations, but both are for political reasons. and the kid voluntarily made the decision to wear a maga hat to a march (harsh lesson but i'm sure he'll think twice about how life works now). i wouldn't wish him the negative attention he got, so he certainly deserves a payday, but the hypocrisy of the maga fam is that kapernick is a sell out for taking money when he also deserved it: he was blackballed by the league for taking a stance. sure, he's an adult and made that decision, still didn't deserve it, neither did this kid. i admit i jumped to conclusions on that thread, my apologies to that kid. that's a sh1tty situation and i really hope he gets paid big time, not that the money will square things, but at least he can be financially ok.
    "How life works now"

Why should he be persecuted for wearing a MAGA hat? That's a problem with the current culture in my opinion.

Kaepernick took a risk with his private employer so it has nothing to do with "deserve." He made a personal choice. If the league doesn't want to sign him because he's full of drama, why is that being blackballed? He took a risk...there are consequences.

The kid really didn't take anywhere close to the risk so it's not hypocritical. False equivalency.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    @ Highway for comparing this kid to Kaepernick. These kids were just waiting for a bus and not only do they get ambushed by a bunch of crazy lunatics they also get slandered over and over by the national media. There's absolutely no comparison.
    The guy has a clear mental illness. I highly doubt he is capable of introspection.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    "How life works now"

Why should he be persecuted for wearing a MAGA hat? That's a problem with the current culture in my opinion.

Kaepernick took a risk with his private employer so it has nothing to do with "deserve." He made a personal choice. If the league doesn't want to sign him because he's full of drama, why is that being blackballed? He took a risk...there are consequences.

The kid really didn't take anywhere close to the risk so it's not hypocritical. False equivalency.
    you're the one implying that. i simply said the world is fvcked and if you wear a maga hat or antifa hat in public, you're bound to run into a lunatic that doesn't like it. never said he deserved it.

if i walk around at night in a shady neighborhood, i'm not going to be surprised if i get mugged or shot. there's a leap of logic you have to make when wearing a hat that makes a political statement.

you're the one implying that. i simply said the world is fvcked and if you wear a maga hat or antifa hat in public, you're bound to run into a lunatic that doesn't like it. never said he deserved it.

if i walk around at night in a shady neighborhood, i'm not going to be surprised if i get mugged or shot. there's a leap of logic you have to make when wearing a hat that makes a political statement.
    Ok that's actually a reasonable position then. It didn't come off that way based on this post and previous posts you've made.

Reasonable people shouldn't get triggered by a hat though and should just continue to move on with their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    Ok that's actually a reasonable position then. It didn't come off that way based on this post and previous posts you've made.

Reasonable people shouldn't get triggered by a hat though and should just continue to move on with their lives.
    i agree. not even trolling when i say he's going to be scared for life.

when i was in florida, an uber driver tried pandering to me (totally unsolicited btw) about trump's wall being bs. he probably saw my complexion and thought i would enjoy talking sh1t about trump. it didn't work on me though, i feel like that's uneducated, so i just changed the subject. also, i work with a lot of people that support trump, and they are all decent folk. no one gets in each others faces to talk about politics. we're all friendly, might make some jokes here and there but it's nothing ill-intentioned.

i agree. not even trolling when i say he's going to be scared for life.

when i was in florida, an uber driver tried pandering to me (totally unsolicited btw) about trump's wall being bs. he probably saw my complexion and thought i would enjoy talking sh1t about trump. it didn't work on me though, i feel like that's uneducated, so i just changed the subject. also, i work with a lot of people that support trump, and they are all decent folk. no one gets in each others faces to talk about politics. we're all friendly, might make some jokes here and there but it's nothing ill-intentioned.
    I hear you man. I hate people who want to talk to me about Trump because I'm an American in an uber. I just list the policies I agree with him on and the policies I disagree with. They get completely caught off guard since they expect me to talk to about his twitter or the wall.

Had a somalian guy call me out once when I was trying to be objective and he was like, "nah man give your opinion. Just say it!"

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Yeah, that's one network. That's it. One.

Meanwhile, MSNBC, CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, WaPo, NYT, etc. all lean Left.
    Whatever FOX News tells you.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32
    Whatever FOX News tells you.
    You just proved my point. Do you have any other network or publication you can mention besides Fox??

Go look up who Lara Logan is you imbecile. She's in the news lately and for a good reason. 85% of journalists in this country are registered Democrats.

get that money son grab a slice.

Go look up who Lara Logan is you imbecile. She's in the news lately and for a good reason. 85% of journalists in this country are registered Democrats.
    The majority of editors, publishers, and owners are conservative. They are the ones who decide what actually gets published. But right-wing talk radio will never tell you this.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32
    The majority of editors, publishers, and owners are conservative. They are the ones who decide what actually gets published. But right-wing talk radio will never tell you this.

Just not true. Even the Murdochs who own Fox News are Liberal.

A little research goes a long way.

Just not true. Even the Murdochs who own Fox News are Liberal.

A little research goes a long way.
    Must be why conservatives never watch FOX News anymore.