Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend

Default Re: *Trump Fam Trigger Warning* Kaepernick reaches multimillion dollar settlement

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    no doubt .. you won't be hearing lil colin complain about 'police brutality' anytime soon now .. his stupid fans got duped by the false prophet .. gotta give him credit for the hustle though if it netted him 60+ mil

Funny thing is too all his cuck stans ran out and bought Nike stuff... Nike is basically run by republican donors

The SJW movement is basically just a vast ocean of marks getting exploited by any huckster that comes along in a decent mask.

Truly society’s hapless losers.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: *Trump Fam Trigger Warning* Kaepernick reaches multimillion dollar settlement

Of course this was about the money. Seriously, what do you guys think people get sued for? What else could resolve the lawsuit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons 25
    And no matter what happens he won't even be a footnote of history in 100 years time.

His shenanigans or genuine activism... however you want to perceive it... whatever the reality of the situation truly is in his heart... are really nothing of note whatsoever. I mean, absolutely nothing of note... not even a little bit... when considering the impact on long term history.

People like Jackie Robinson, Bill Russell, Ali will live through the ages of people still caring about sports for reasons other than strictly their on field performance. People like Kaep absolutely will not be noted in any way, be it on the field or off. Nobody will care. He's a ****ing piece of dust on a flea at best.
    Before kneeling his biggest claim to fame was leading a team to the Superbowl (which they lost). He wasn't going to be remembered in 100 years for that. He may not be remembered for this but he's undoubtedly more famous.

And that doesn't even seem important to him anyway. If he cared about fame he'd have plenty of opportunities to appear on TV. Instead his only TV spots are Nike ads where he continues to say nothing and make more money. He appears to have two primary concerns: His social activism and making money. I'm not sure how much difference the protests have made but he's certainly made himself some money.

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Of course this was about the money. Seriously, what do you guys think people get sued for? What else could resolve the lawsuit?Before kneeling his biggest claim to fame was leading a team to the Superbowl (which they lost). He wasn't going to be remembered in 100 years for that. He may not be remembered for this but he's undoubtedly more famous.

And that doesn't even seem important to him anyway. If he cared about fame he'd have plenty of opportunities to appear on TV. Instead his only TV spots are Nike ads where he continues to say nothing and make more money. He appears to have two primary concerns: His social activism and making money. I'm not sure how much difference the protests have made but he's certainly made himself some money.
    He's more famous now... but as I said, he didn't change anything... none of this means anything. He didn't do anything except draw attention to himself and get a bunch of people riled up. That's literally it.

So yeah, you're right... he benefited himself financially and in terms of fame, but what the **** else changed as a result of all of this?

Nothing. This topic, with no actual change for anyone or anything other than himself, is so beaten to death it's disgusting at this point.

He hasn't done anything on the field or off to earn a place in the history books. It's not going to happen.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

All that happens if he never protested?

He

That's all good and well but in 100 years nobody will care about him or know who he is because his activism, which is allegedly supposed to be about more than him, didn't do anything except benefit himself.

There arent five people on this board right now out of the thousands who could tell me the name of the guy who started World War One by killing Ferdinand. And that’s actual important world history.

No he’s not going to be vividly remembered in 100 years. What of it?

You think the average American could name any athlete from 100 years ago other than Babe Ruth and perhaps 1-2 other baseball players if you really give them a minute?

People don’t know the original packers...or what the Harlem rens were doing...they might know Jack Johnson existed....might.

Very little is remembered by anything but the people obsessed with the subject. And people obsessed with the history of the NFL are going to know his name a lot better than they would had he never protested.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    There arent five people on this board right now out of the thousands who could tell me the name of the guy who started World War One by killing Ferdinand. And that’s actual important world history.

No he’s not going to be vividly remembered in 100 years. What of it?

You think the average American could name any athlete from 100 years ago other than Babe Ruth and perhaps 1-2 other baseball players if you really give them a minute?

People don’t know the original packers...or what the Harlem rens were doing...they might know Jack Johnson existed....might.

Very little is remembered by anything but the people obsessed with the subject. And people obsessed with the history of the NFL are going to know his name a lot better than they would had he never protested.
    Maybe I articulated it incorrectly or thought about it incorrectly when expressing my actual feelings behind all of this.

What I'm really saying is... he didn't change anything. He didn't impact humanity in any meaningful way whatsoever. He improved his own situation and that's it... which is not what this was all supposed to be about.

Nothing he did or said is going to have any lasting impact on anything for anyone, anywhere. He's irrelevant.

NBA Legend

[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]

He keeps the respect of the people who respected him already. He doesn

So a guy who throws a football was supposed to significantly alter the direction of humanity?

What was he supposed to get done exactly? Do you think he felt that if his knee touched the ground as a song was played police brutality would end? You think his supporters feel he was supposed to get that done?

This is just manufacturing standards to suggest he didn

So a guy who throws a football was supposed to significantly alter the direction of humanity?
    I'm not saying what he was supposed to do or not do. I'm saying that what he allegedly was trying to do was alter our course. Did he do that? No.

What was he supposed to get done exactly? Do you think he felt that if his knee touched the ground as a song was played police brutality would end? You think his supporters feel he was supposed to get that done?
    No, but did anything change as a result of Kaep? No.

This is just manufacturing standards to suggest he didn’t achieve something that was never possible to begin with.

He won. The NFL apparently stopped fighting and paid him in addition to him becoming a hero to many and something of a marketing phenomenon. There is really no way to twist this into anything negative for him so you go with him not impacting human nature in a grand enough scale to end discrimination?

Who is he supposed to be professor x?
    I'm not going to continue on with you about this... I've seen you type shit for nearly 20 years without once saying "I was wrong." Every single time you've been proven wrong you either just keep going or stop conversing.

Not that you think you're wrong here, but I know how this is going to go. You've even admitted that you argue beyond what your belief is just so you don't have to admit anything.

I've seen you admit to us that you cheated on a chick and then argued with her about it when she suspected you of it/accused you to the point that she broke down crying apologizing even though obviously you knew you were guilty.

I know that I'm right. You can think you are or pretend you are, either way I don't care enough to go further.
    Last edited by Ben Simmons 25; 02-16-2019 at 04:00 PM.

NBA Legend

This is just manufacturing standards to suggest he didn’t achieve something that was never possible to begin with.

He won. The NFL apparently stopped fighting and paid him in addition to him becoming a hero to many and something of a marketing phenomenon. There is really no way to twist this into anything negative for him so you go with him not impacting human nature in a grand enough scale to end discrimination?

Who is he supposed to be professor x?
    Isnt that the point of being an “activist?”

You didn’t see me admit anything. I flat out told you what happened. There’s nothing for me to be wrong about here unless you think I or anybody else believes police brutality was supposed to come to a screeching halt because somebody kneels. Nobody on this entire planet was stupid enough to see that as a realistic outcome and you know it.

You just try to suggest that the impossible not coming to pass is some kind of failure because the idea that he won seems to bug you.

You might as well go tell somebody who holds a cancer benefit that they failed if cancer continues to exist after it’s done. You don’t defeat discrimination or brutality period.

Trying to use its continued existence against somebody who is trying to bring awareness to it is pretty transparent. The idea of him coming out on top just seems to annoy you.

[QUOTE=Akrazotile]Isnt that the point of being an

NBA Legend

If the standard is sweeping changes in humanity due specifically to your actions there have not been 5 successful activists in history. If would take an act of an actual biblical god to end discrimination.

So what was the point of kneeling? Just a long term play to get a lawsuit settlement and make himself richer?

Kind of a slap in the face to all the try-hards who worship the guy huh?

You telling me there is no point in any protest that didn