Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: The Saddest Truths

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    well i hope he read it, that's an awful lot of typing if he didn't...lol

i do have respect for knoe in that, though i do not agree with his views he is
    A. consistent
    B. he makes his case by expresing his views thoroughly, he doesn't just post an emoticon with rolling eyes like some.

that's why i'll read knoes posts and respond in kind, the emoticon posters are just a waste of time
    And I will admit that sometimes, because of all of the horrible Laker fans on this site, the reasonable decent ones get lost in the shuffle. So if I generalize sometimes, I recognize that there are a couple of quality Laker fan posters. They just happen to be few and far between.

Your article was well written from a technical standpoint. I guess I just find it puzzling how Laker fans seem to be so against Shaq now when he was the catalyst for three rings and by all accounts was a better teammates than Bryant.

It also puzzles me how Laker fans can't grasp just how much of a massive b!tch move it was for Kobe to bring Shaq's name up to the police for something that didn't concern him. That alone would be enough for Shaq to still hate him all these years later. You people really can't get that? Or are you just in denial?

Lastly, I really think that Laker/Kobe fans have blown this freestyle thing waaaaaaay out of proportion. Yes, it probably wasn't just all in fun and he maintains issues with Bryant (justifiable, in my opinion), however I don't think he ever meant for that whole episode to leave the nighclub he was at and become the news it did. I'm sure he respects Kareem and Ewing. He was just goofing off and having some fun, but leave it to Bryant fans to act like he ate babies or something because he dissed their idol.

Kobe DESERVES it. For being a petulant prick, for ratting out his teammate for no reason, for throwing his team under the bus and likely for other things (won't even bring up Colorado here).

Well, the saddest truth for we Nets fans is that our front office cares nothing but money and market. This is the only reason why we traded RJ to Milwaukee for nothing. We could have definitely gotten some better players or draft picks but it doesn't worth more than Yi's Marketing Value according to that idiot Bruce Ratner...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    And I will admit that sometimes, because of all of the horrible Laker fans on this site, the reasonable decent ones get lost in the shuffle. So if I generalize sometimes, I recognize that there are a couple of quality Laker fan posters. They just happen to be few and far between.

Your article was well written from a technical standpoint. I guess I just find it puzzling how Laker fans seem to be so against Shaq now when he was the catalyst for three rings and by all accounts was a better teammates than Bryant.

It also puzzles me how Laker fans can't grasp just how much of a massive b!tch move it was for Kobe to bring Shaq's name up to the police for something that didn't concern him. That alone would be enough for Shaq to still hate him all these years later. You people really can't get that? Or are you just in denial?

Lastly, I really think that Laker/Kobe fans have blown this freestyle thing waaaaaaay out of proportion. Yes, it probably wasn't just all in fun and he maintains issues with Bryant (justifiable, in my opinion), however I don't think he ever meant for that whole episode to leave the nighclub he was at and become the news it did. I'm sure he respects Kareem and Ewing. He was just goofing off and having some fun, but leave it to Bryant fans to act like he ate babies or something because he dissed their idol.

Kobe DESERVES it. For being a petulant prick, for ratting out his teammate for no reason, for throwing his team under the bus and likely for other things (won't even bring up Colorado here).
    [COLOR=black]You have a right to your [FONT=Verdana]ad nauseum[/FONT] opinions on Kobe... you are welcome to that and I honestly don't care about them any longer other than you unfortunately posting in threads that I happen to read since they typically have Laker content. This article gts wrote was not about Kobe - it was about Shaq. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Personally, I could give a rats ass about Kobe or Shaq on a personal level (as well as many other players). They both show incredible lack of character in many ways on a personal level... you can go out of your way to obsess and expose whoever you hate more, thats fine with me.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]However, I do root for the Lakers... and if ISH had a search engine, you would see that I have always believed that the Lakers > than any one player, bar none. I do root for my team, so whether its Shaq, Kobe, Magic, West or whoever is contributing to the TEAM success, then I will always cheer for them as they are part of the team whether I like them or not. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]If you want to continue on your 2,000 posts and counting mission to generalize "laker fans" or "kobe fans" or whatever you seem to view with tunnel vision demonization of Kobe, I would say its a terrible shame because its a waste of time for someone who could actually be making good contributions to the forum and interacting in a more civilized manner.[/COLOR]

Very good NBA starter

Some of it was suspect, pretty obviouse a Kobe fan wrote it, but it's a good read.

Good High School Starter

very neat read.
    repped.

Decent college freshman supersmashbros's Avatar

Why did Shaq leave the Laker's in the first place? BTW, Shaq was right about the Laker's not being to win another championship without him...Kobe without Shaq= no more championships. Also Shaq is way past his prime. I doubt he will be playing for anymore teams.

Quote Originally Posted by ecthelion
    very neat read.
    repped.
    Shaq's career is almost over.

Local High School Star Geandily's Avatar

Default Re: The Saddest Truth: Shaq is now The Big Embarrassment

Shaqtus

Recent play would suggest that a healthy Shaq is still a dangerous Shaq...Have you not forgotten that he got a championship in Miami without Kobe and his BS? Hes getting old i do admit, but Im not one to count him out for one last hurrah...

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Recent play would suggest that a healthy Shaq is still a dangerous Shaq...Have you not forgotten that he got a championship in Miami without Kobe and his BS? Hes getting old i do admit, but Im not one to count him out for one last hurrah...
    One thing I never understood is why Shaq is so bad at freethrows.

Saw a basketball once

shaq really thinks he is the best at everything he needs to start shutting up his trap.

Dunking on everybody in the park Alan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Well, the saddest truth for we Nets fans is that our front office cares nothing but money and market. This is the only reason why we traded RJ to Milwaukee for nothing. We could have definitely gotten some better players or draft picks but it doesn't worth more than Yi's Marketing Value according to that idiot Bruce Ratner...
    GTFo of this thead. This doesnt concern you, the Nets or Bruce Ratner for that matter. I still cant believe how you havent been banned yet. You are a disgrace to Nets fans as some Kobe fans are to Lakers.

Saw a basketball once

oh no to shaq to old now.....

This thread is so awesome. Shaq has arguably been the best player on the Suns so far this season.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    This thread is so awesome. Shaq has arguably been the best player on the Suns so far this season.
    Yaaa, this thread officially FAILS