Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe and KG are breaking down at the same point: around 32-33 years of age

Quote Originally Posted by joyner82
    Kobe Bryant-peaked at 23. Suffered from injuries virtually every year for the last 3.
    huh?
    in the last 3 years he has missed very very few games, won MVP of the league, won the championship, won championship MVP.

shhhhhhh

Default Re: Kobe and KG are breaking down at the same point: around 32-33 years of age

i won't say KG is breaking down, even younger men have struggled to recover from bad knee injuries and at kg's age that can take a bit longer and longer yet if the player is trying to play through it, a celtics fan can probably answer better to kg than i.
    as for kobe he does have alot of minutes on him but he is far from breaking down, he has the busted finger as mentioned before and that's a basketball injury anyone of any age can suffer from, he is also nursing the ankle sprain which also happens to players of all ages (the most common imjury in basketball) and then he has the tender knee which has given him problems on and off for years. since the early 2000's he has had periodic surgeries to clean out the crap in there, long before anyone thought of him as breaking down...

and like kg a player or any player that is older takes longer to recover from these things, even more when they are not allowed to have full recuperation time..

these are all basketball related injuries very common to players of the game. probably the 3 most common of all... their age has nothing to do with the injuries, just the time it takes to recover, but both players are such warriors they'll play even when lesser/younger players would be hobbled to the bench for weeks/months...

i don't know about garnetts daily workout regime but i imagine the league will be seeing plenty of kobe at this current level for years to come which has to be scary for the rest of the league...lol
    Last edited by gts; 03-03-2010 at 01:40 AM.

Made that high school varsity squad

kobe is declining and he is arguably the best player in the game. haha

kg is still the heart and soul of the celtics and makes that defense tick. without him the celts would be a very average defensive team. well without him playing well too.

Well it's just the length of the season that gets to them. I think if they just sat out the back to backs it would help a lot.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by EllisGW
    kobe is declining and he is arguably the best player in the game. haha
    it really isnt arguable .. i wonder what people a watching when they argue kobe over lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    did you really say that kobe would never win a ring without shaq? did you at least admit you were wrong? come on man, we know that was wishful thinking on your part, it wasn't really a smart thing for you to say.
    Yes, I actually did say that but no one could have predicted that Memphis would have given Gasol away for nothing. And please spare me the "Marc Gasol" garbage because that's revisionist history bullshyt. Unless you can point to ONE thread from when that trade went down talking about how Marc Gasol was going to blossom into a major talent, I don't want to hear it.

NO ONE was talking about Marc Gasol at the time. It was basically Kwame for Pau and the whole basketball world was stunned. Without that trade, I think it's safe to say that Kobe doesn't win another ring. So I'm not really concerned about being "wrong" since that trade was the type of thing no one could predict. It doesn't change one single thing about him as a player as far as I'm concerned though. Still overrated. Still never been the clear cut best in the league his whole career. Great player, but more lucky than great. And I'm not going to say anything else about it so don't bother asking.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy
    it really isnt arguable .. i wonder what people a watching when they argue kobe over lebron.
    Lebron shooting contested 3 pointers nonstop in crunch time. If Lebron had a clue during the last couple of minutes, he'd be the best player in the league, but hes not.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy
    They're arguing "I like Kobe's game better than Bron", because they're in denial if they really think Kobe is better than him.

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Lebron shooting contested 3 pointers nonstop in crunch time. If Lebron had a clue during the last couple of minutes, he'd be the best player in the league, but hes not.
    Stupidity, but just proves my point. Kobe guys will argue whatever nonsense they can think of so that Kobe stays number one no matter what!

I am your soldier!

Kobe is 31 (32 in August)
    Has played 14 seasons
    36,664 minutes reg. season
    6,888 minutes playoffs

= 43,552 total minutes

KG is 33 (34 in May)
    Has played 15 seasons
    41,027 minutes reg. season
    2,989 minutes playoffs

= 44,016 total minutes

They are both breaking down, and on their way out. KG just got even more unlucky with that knee. Kobe will not play until he's 40 like people were talking about this summer... No way in f*ck. I bet he will be gone by 37 at the very latest.

double

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    Stupidity.

Most satisfying response to anything I've ever said on here.
    Someone hates Kobe for no reason.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Knoe mad and I love it

Dude starts the season off with 30ppg on 49% shooting, and his numbers understandably declined after going through multiple injuries.. injuries that were inflicted onto him and not caused by mileage.. and now he's 'physically breaking down' like KG? More of the what have you done for me lately mentality