Page 131 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3181121128129130131132133134141 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2487

Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Calderon provides good veteran leadership in the locker-room than anything else.

Might average 15 minutes a game max so I wouldn't expect him to contribute much on the court as he will in the locker-room behind the scenes.
    His contract comes off the books next season too, plus we got picks from the trade(Mitch drafted very well in the 2nd round in recent years) If only we had gotten Calderon, Deng, and Mozgov 3 years ago. Could have competed in Kobe's last years :/

Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    The Knicks really needed a PG last season. Everybody who watches basketball knows this. He didn't get the job done at all. I don't think it's even possible to stick up for his play last season. If he was that good he would have stuck around in NY. The only reason the Lakers even went for the trade is because they got two 2nd round picks. They weren't going to just take on that contract for Chicago. This trade isn't about getting a key piece for this season. Clarkson and Russell should be getting the bulk of the minutes at the guard positions. I'm more excited for their development than someone who couldn't even help the Pistons nearly 5 years ago now. Did anyone notice what he did in Dallas? Because they really needed a PG at that time too.
    BOTH Fisher and Rambis used the triangle offense where they really never relied heavily on PGs, since way back. Bulls and Lakers won 11 rings that didn't depend heavily on PGs.

NEVER did I say that he is the KEY PIECE and that he should play a lot and take away many minutes from the young players.
    I even said his defense is sub par but smart coaches figure out ways to mask weaknesses,
    I think he's worth a shot even for just a back up role but I am not going to lose sleep if it doesn't work out, atleast they get 2 2nd rounders for getting him.
    You questioned what he did in Dallas,
    Well, a respected coach like Carlisle believed that he can play for 31 minutes/game, his numbers of 11.4 pts and 4.7 assists(1.3 turnovers) are not great but his 58.4EFG%, 45.63ptFG% are pretty good IMO.
    Bear in mind that Cuban got really greedy and wanted to lure superstars but they just DIDN'T COME, they also lost 2 key players in Kidd and Tyson Chandler, still Dallas managed to be THIRD BEST in offensive rating, winning 49 games(12th best record), 4th best in EFG%, 6th best in TOV% ratio.
    . Yes, he was traded to NY, bec I believe Cuban realized that they terribly missed their defensive anchor in Chandler.

Calderon provides good veteran leadership in the locker-room than anything else.

Might average 15 minutes a game max so I wouldn't expect him to contribute much on the court as he will in the locker-room behind the scenes.
    I don't expect him to play heavy minutes too because that would be illogical because they should be allowing Russell and Clarkson to grow and learn from their mistakes. All I want Luke and his staff to do is simply to just test him out there, if there are ways he can contribute esp perimeter shooting where he's been consistently good, his assist/turnover ration is pretty good to.
    If he is not cutting it after 10-15 games, then heck, cut him or buy him out for all I care. If he turns out to be a good role player, so good that contenders are willing to trade their 2nd rounders for him by trade deadline, then by all means, trade him.
    I just think it's silly right now to simply write him off this early, esp that they haven't even seen what he can do on the floor with the team yet.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Can we afford J.R. Smith and Gerald Green. That would be the perfect additions to what we have.

Russell/Clarkson/Deng/Randle/Mozgov
    Calderon/Williams/Ingram/Nance Jr/Black
    Huertas/J.R.Smith/G.Green/Zubac

How's next years cap look like for us?

We got money to spend and extend?

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    How's next years cap look like for us?

We got money to spend and extend?
    11 mil
    http://www.spotrac.com/nba/los-angeles-lakers/cap/2017/

High School Varsity 6th Man

Calderon is an absolute steal for us. I really cant think of a more ideal backup point guard. True point guard, excellent vision, does not turn the ball over, and can splash with the best of em from three.

Quote Originally Posted by kkinchen
    Calderon is an absolute steal for us. I really cant think of a more ideal backup point guard. True point guard, excellent vision, does not turn the ball over, and can splash with the best of em from three.
    I heard Luke wanted them to play at a much faster pace and unfortunately for Calderon, he is already 34 yrs old. But I agree, the guy is smart IMO, doesn't commit a lot of stupid mistakes and his ability to shoot from the perimeter can really help them space the floor.

Quick Write-Up on y'alls summer

NBA lottery pick

The Lakers are signing Yi Jianlian. I'm not sure why they need another PF.

The Lakers are signing Yi Jianlian. I'm not sure why they need another PF.
    To get some Chinese viewers.....$$$$$$$.

I am sick of the Lakers being in this place......a joke of a team and org.
    What the hell kind of moves are these?

NBA lottery pick

They're making some weird moves to fill out their roster. It would seem they would want to try to gameble on some young talent. Instead they're looking at xavier Henry and Jianlian. Sure Yi played fine in the Olympics. We know what he is in the NBA though. And not just that they drafted two PF's and can't decide who starts between them lol. Nance and Randle will get the bulk of the minutes there.

They're making some weird moves to fill out their roster. It would seem they would want to try to gameble on some young talent. Instead they're looking at xavier Henry and Jianlian. Sure Yi played fine in the Olympics. We know what he is in the NBA though. And not just that they drafted two PF's and can't decide who starts between them lol. Nance and Randle will get the bulk of the minutes there.
    Yi looked good in that team that I believe have not won any games yet bec he was the least intimidated vs those NBA stars. Yes, he for him to also look good, he had to have some abilities. In terms of abilities tho, I would have gone after Croatia's Miroslav Raduljica. The guy is a beast down low, sets solid screens, probably has more to offer than the recently injured Mozgov.
    btw, I am at a loss on why they have not bought out the contract of Nick Young yet. Get rid of all the distractions and start fresh IMO.

NBA lottery pick

They actually said they were going to buy Young out today.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/why-might...203647232.html

Home of the 16

Guys, are we going to forget the type of joy Swaggy P brought to LA when it was just him, Pau & Xavier Henry leading the team? It wasn't much, but it wasn't too long ago where he was a fan favorite. I don't know where you guys stand with him, but he's getting so much hate -- so much hate. Did everyone turn their backs on him? Not completely defending him, because for sure, we know how he is off the court -- just that, c'mon, you know........