NBA Superstar

Default Does a Dominos brooklyn style pizza look similar to a hand tossed?

I just got the 7.99 pickup deal again, and thought i'd try Brooklyn style thsi time around. I really liked the thin and crispy last time but thought i'd try something different. I even read up about it and its supposed to be thin crusted and foldable style pizza but regular hand tossed is foldable also. Either way i was expecting something different.

I go to pick it up and it looks just like a hand tossed. so i'm like i ordered Brooklyn style, and the dude at the register is like hold on and takes my pizza to the back. this old haggard white lady comes out telling me its brooklyn style, and i ask her is it supposed to look like hand tossed, and she says yes, only the seasoning is mostly different.

it just seemed odd the register dude didn't say anything to me about it being brooklyn where i was sort of mad that they screwed up my order, and went back took the lady in the back where she told me it was. never had a brooklyn style pizza before

Default Re: Does a Dominos brooklyn style pizza look similar to a hand tossed?

They probably just reheated and old leftover pizza for you.

High School Starter

fukc these pizza threads. its made me crave pizza for almost a week now

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebowsky
    They probably just reheated and old leftover pizza for you.
    well i left kind of pissed and skeptical of what she was saying, and if i was wrong i'd seriously call back and apologize.

they had all kinds of drama going on in this place tho, since i was waiting for a few minutes where nobody was visible, and then 2 dominos uniformed people show up, one looking like he came back from delivery and putting on a apron like he was about to cook, then the other dude is the one who didn't say anything after looking at it, which made me real suspicious. before he took it to her he was talking about quitting to the other dude, like he was frustrated with whatever issues they got going on there

still i'd like to know if the hand tossed looks very similar to the brooklyn style.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    still i'd like to know if the hand tossed looks very similar to the brooklyn style.
    I work at Domino's and I can assure I can't even tell the difference between Brooklyn style and hand-tossed. It just seems like the Brooklyn pizza is a more expensive hand tossed pizza.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    I work at Domino's and I can assure I can't even tell the difference between Brooklyn style and hand-tossed. It just seems like the Brooklyn pizza is a more expensive hand tossed pizza.

ok thanks man.. i think i'll call them tomorrow or stop by and apologize.

even New Yorkers don't know what the hell Domino's is getting at.

Its just a marketing gimmick.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/08/dining/08domino.html