Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Default Re: Bucks/Warriors trade: Monta Ellis, Udoh, Kwame for Bogut, S-Jax

Bogut got so excited, he started jumping up and down, tripped, and broke his other arm.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Bucks & Dubs trade: Ellis + Udoh + Kwame for Bogut + SJax

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    The Center position is weak. Bogut only played 6 games in his playoffs career.
    Had a ton of talent around him!

Looks like they're trying to trade Jackson maybe to Orlando to appease Dwight.

Would the Nets match?
    Might be stupid enough if they don't get Dwight and or Deron.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Wonder what happens with Bogut's fan section in Milwaukee? Section 6 or something like that?
    Andrew already paid for season tickets for everyone in Squad 6, so it'll still be here the rest of the year...I think.

As for the future...maybe another player will do the same. Come on Delfino...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Anyone know the protection on Utah's GS pick for next season if any? Definitely a bad trade for the Jazz today. GS obviously tanking it. Jazz might follow suit. They lose their own pick if they make playoffs.

ew ellis a buck. that team needs to go away. *** milwaukee..

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Yall watchin Monta's interview on NBAtv? They didn't even inform him he got traded, he read it on the tv...wow
    nowadays with the media stuff leaks out faster than we can believe...

Knicks playoff hopes are in serious danger...

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    When Bogut starts dominating next season, you'll feel differently.

Doesn't matter. They still should have gotten more. They should have gotten Ellis and, if anything, take on a small contract or the guy with the fun name.

Jennings would be better with Curry as the SG. And Curry at SG is better than Curry at PG.

Love the trade for us. Udoh is a bust, and Monta, although a great scorer, doesn't playing winning basketball.

Not sure what the Bucks are thinking.

And a focused, motivated SJax is still a starting caliber player.

Losing Ekpe is the part that really stings, solid big off the bench but i guess we may be able to get alot of those players.

Also i think we should have traded curry instead of ellis.Now we have two injury prone players at key positions.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Deltron3030's Avatar

The fact is, quality big men are hard to come by. Warriors have been chasing the future for decades with the exception of the "we believe" year. They weren't going to get a quality big men better than Bogut. Teams just don't trade them usually. The problem is, he is injury prone but you hope that can change.

I think the Warriors have enough talent to still put up points if they can stay healthy, which by looking at their roster, two of their 5 starters (Bogut/Curry) both miss 25-30 games a year.

With that said, as a Warrior fan, I like the trade. We haven't done anything with Monta. You have to throw out your emotion for the player you love and try to build a team that can win. They can now guard bigs while still putting up points IF healthy.

The one problem I hate about the trade was not getting rid of Biedrins and keeping Udoh instead. I think the bucks got away with one on that end of the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    Losing Ekpe is the part that really stings, solid big off the bench but i guess we may be able to get alot of those players.

Also i think we should have traded curry instead of ellis.Now we have two injury prone players at key positions.
    no one wants Curry for those reasons. Ekpe is more than a big off the bench, he is going to be one of the best defensive bigs year after year. If you factor in that it would be a miracle if Bogut DOESN'T miss 20+ games per year after this year, I'd rather own Udoh as a NBA GM. Throw in Monta for nothing on the side? terrible.

I watch almost every Warriors game, and Udoh was never going to pan out. He isn't a great man defender, help defender, or shot blocker, and he has no offensive skill set. I shouldn't call him a bust, but he won't be an all-star caliber PF/C in the NBA, ever.

If only we had just taken the obvious pick in Greg Monroe (he was top of EVERYONES draft board).

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I watch almost every Warriors game, and Udoh was never going to pan out. He isn't a great man defender, help defender, or shot blocker, and he has no offensive skill set. I shouldn't call him a bust, but he won't be an all-star caliber PF/C in the NBA, ever.

If only we had just taken the obvious pick in Greg Monroe (he was top of EVERYONES draft board).
    1-No not a great defender but a good defender with more weight he could become a great defender.

2-Well everyone always passes by every player on the team so he has to kinda stay around the paint.

3-In his 2 years playing he has been in the top ten in blocks per game.Averages 1.7 a game if anything thats the best part of his game.

We get a injury prone Center and then we have Andris as a backup.We got screwed there we needed to keep udoh.