Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: Does anyone else think Amare might be put on the trade block this off-season?

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    What quality free agents went to Cleveland to play with LeBron?
    put your dog down and answer the mans first question. You just ignored the fact that Amar'e was doing a helluva alot better before Carmelo came around. He was even in talks of MVP candidacy(not that he would win it, but point is his production was stellar).

Default Re: Does anyone else think Amare might be put on the trade block this off-season?

BTW, the Cavs don't need a bad season. The Cavs need to be pushing for the playoffs next year. No reason for them to stink it up. I understand trading Varejao and keeping young and seeing what happens. But if Amare was actually available...he's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    put your dog down and answer the mans first question. You just ignored the fact that Amar'e was doing a helluva alot better before Carmelo came around. He was even in talks of MVP candidacy(not that he would win it, but point is his production was stellar).
    Amare was doing exactly what Amare has been capable of doing. When he's the focal point in a system that allows him to run P&R on a floor uncluttered by any other low post players, he can post stats and lead a team right to the worst place in the NBA: not good enough to win anything, not bad enough to get a Top 5 pick.

People in NY shouted "MVP" at Jeremy Lin. Forgive me if I'm not overly impressed.

Now you can go back to minding your own business... or maybe you want to answer the question of what free agents were drawn to beautiful Cleveland while LeBron was there (just citing the example used by the person I was actually talking to).

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    He was already starting to break down prior to Melo coming with neck/back issues.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    He was already starting to break down prior to Melo coming with neck/back issues.
    Those happened after Melo got to NY.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    BTW, the Cavs don't need a bad season. The Cavs need to be pushing for the playoffs next year. No reason for them to stink it up. I understand trading Varejao and keeping young and seeing what happens. But if Amare was actually available...he's worth it.
    i guess it depends on how optimistic/pessimistic you are

i could look at it optimisticaly and say, we have irving, a future superstar, thompson a future all-star, and who ever we draft turns into an all-star. if i were this optimistic, then yeah, we should be gunning for the playoffs, and looking to improve drastically, since we wouldnt need anymore young talent

or i could be pessimistic, and think irving will be a 20ppg chucker, and thompson, and our pick will be busts. in which case we desperately need more talent

its very hard to say right now, what pieces that we have moving forward, and thus, if we need to tank, or start looking at the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    Those happened after Melo got to NY.
    False - he was dealing with severe soreness in back, neck and knees at various times throughout early 2011 prior to Melo trade. He rarely practiced in Jan/Feb.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    False - he was dealing with severe soreness in back, neck and knees at various times throughout early 2011 prior to Melo trade. He rarely practiced in Jan/Feb.
    I don't remember any of that. I remember him hurting his back in the 2011 playoffs, which obviously would have been after the trade deadline.

I certainly don't remember anything affecting his play early in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    I don't remember any of that. I remember him hurting his back in the 2011 playoffs, which obviously would have been after the trade deadline.

I certainly don't remember anything affecting his play early in the season.
    He didnt practice and played through the soreness and if my memory serves me correctly a toe injury as well, which led to his breakdown come the playoffs (in my opinion).

People forget the Suns medical staff, who can fix anyone, advised Steve Kerr not to re-sign Amare for a max type deal. He has a fragile body,that as we all know, can't be insured. Even this season, he basically plays injured most nights, most not disclosed. He is untradeable.
    The only team that would risk it IMO is Dallas.